Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is Fake,

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    It isn't accurate.

Do they read bullshido?
    Did they read the rules of the review?
    They do not read Bullshido but, as I said above, I did provide him with the criteria for his rating.

The purpose is for people to critique your ratings and ask questions. Regardless of if it is a legit rating YOU CAN'T RESPOND to questions.

Therefore it isn't an accurate rating.

It is similar to the fake testimonials we talk about on other threads. Agent X says style B is great then, it turns out he never did said style.
    You seem to be confusing the words "legit" and "accurate". A legit (legitimite) rating is a rating made in accordance with established rules, principles, or standards.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Legitimate

An accurate rating is free from error or defect; consistent with a standard, rule, or model; precise; exact.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/accurate

By these definitions it is both legit, and accurate. Being a rating free from error and made in accordance to the established rules.

Also, while I have openly claimed ignorance of first hand knowledge I made sure that a person with first hand knowledge of both the instruction and the rules determined the rating. I have also provided more then sufficient information for a person seeking to verify my claims to contact a knowledgeable individual.

Does this now make sense?

IMO you rate the chun then say we offer grappling in your description.
    No, it makes very little sense. I rated what I knew from first hand experience and sought a knowledgeable individual for the areas where I did not have first hand knowledge. This is both sound, and valid reasoning.

I shall provide a counter example, take a BJJ gym. You (hypothetically) are a student at this gym and train in BJJ. Now, there is also a world class Muy Thai instructor in the school. You however do not train with this person, yet both instructors run the school. When you go to review your school would you put a 0 for striking because you do not personally train with the Muy Thai instructor? Or would you seek out a Muy Thai student and ask for his or her opinion?

As for the description, it is intended as an accurate portrayal of the school as a whole, not strictly my experience. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

IgnatzAmI

EDIT:
    If this remains an issue I would appreciate an Admin's opinion just for clarification, thank you.
    Last edited by ignatzami; 2/09/2007 11:54am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 12:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami
    It is Fake,

They do not read Bullshido but, as I said above, I did provide him with the criteria for his rating.

You seem to be confusing the words "legit" and "accurate". A legit (legitimite) rating is a rating made in accordance with established rules, principles, or standards.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Legitimate

An accurate rating is free from error or defect; consistent with a standard, rule, or model; precise; exact.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/accurate

By these definitions it is both legit, and accurate. Being a rating free from error and made in accordance to the established rules.

Also, while I have openly claimed ignorance of first hand knowledge I made sure that a person with first hand knowledge of both the instruction and the rules determined the rating. I have also provided more then sufficient information for a person seeking to verify my claims to contact a knowledgeable individual.
    Notice I have now said IMO twice. You have failed on both accounts. You are not a legit practitioner of grappling.

It may be an accurate review of your dojo. Yet, without legit experience yourself, you can't comment on the grappling aspect.

Notice I continue to say you. I have neither questioned your sihing or you sifu's skill or knolwedge just yours.

So, no that is not a mix up.

No, it makes very little sense. I rated what I knew from first hand experience and sought a knowledgeable individual for the areas where I did not have first hand knowledge. This is both sound, and valid reasoning.

I shall provide a counter example, take a BJJ gym. You (hypothetically) are a student at this gym and train in BJJ. Now, there is also a world class Muy Thai instructor in the school. You however do not train with this person, yet both instructors run the school. When you go to review your school would you put a 0 for striking because you do not personally train with the Muy Thai instructor? Or would you seek out a Muy Thai student and ask for his or her opinion?
    We have two people who train at the same gym and gave 2 different reviews. One takes the BJJ class and gave striking a low number. The other participates in the MT class and gave grappling a low number. They both rated what they did so specific questions, if any, could be answered.

They both know each other so they could've easily discussed what you just said. They didn't and reviewed what they knew and experienced.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 12:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It Is Fake,

Unfortunately that is not possible, none of my Sihings, or my Sifus can stomach the insults, profanity, and childish bickering that qualifies as "discussion" on this site. While I respect your opinion it is merely that, an opinion. I will leave my review as is, unaltered, until I am told by an Admin (Phrost preferably) to change it. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

IgnatzAmI

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 12:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It Is Fake,

Unfortunately that is not possible, none of my Sihings, or my Sifus can stomach the insults, profanity, and childish bickering that qualifies as "discussion" on this site. While I respect your opinion it is merely that, an opinion. I will leave my review as is, unaltered, until I am told by an Admin (Phrost preferably) to change it. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

IgnatzAmI
    Did I ask you to change it?

I explained my reasoning as you explained yours correct?

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I ask you to change it?

I explained my reasoning as you explained yours correct?
    It Is Fake,

True, but you did question the accuracy of the review. I am sorry if I took your comments to mean more then was perhaps intended. Upa's Phil comment still has me a little steamed. Again, my apologies.

IgnatzAmI
    Last edited by ignatzami; 2/09/2007 12:23pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 12:22pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It Is Fake,

True, but you did question the accuracy of the review. I am sorry if I took your comments to mean more then was perhaps intended.

IgnatzAmI
    Good enough.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 12:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.alanorr.com/htdocs/nhb/teamironorr.html

Look at the fight record and tell me Wing Chun doesnt work.
    Not your school, and obligatory LOL, catch wrestling. Also, there is some difficultry verifying some of those records. And their site links to Matt Furey.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It Is Fake,

Unfortunately that is not possible, none of my Sihings, or my Sifus can stomach the insults, profanity, and childish bickering that qualifies as "discussion" on this site.
    Tell them I now consider them a bunch of whiny little pussies (regardless of whether they have the skills to be able to kick my ass into next week).

The signal-to-noise ratio on this site can be quite low at times. But, without its character your classmates turn up their noses at, this place would be as dead as :hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan :hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan :hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan:hitlerdan :hitlerdan.org and never have the resources to accomplish ANYTHING remotely useful or worthwhile.

Edit: Damn, I forgot about their little link spam attack and Phrost's counter. -- t r u t h m a r t i a l a r t s . o r g
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 2/09/2007 5:16pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately that is not possible, none of my Sihings, or my Sifus can stomach the insults, profanity, and childish bickering that qualifies as "discussion" on this site.
    In other words, they're unwilling to face criticism or apply critcal thinking to their viewpoints.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/10/2007 10:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnatzAmI
    It Is Fake,

Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    In other words, they're unwilling to face criticism or apply critcal thinking to their viewpoints.
    Upa,

No, that's not it at all. My Sifu used to post on this board, my Sigung used to post on this board. They have moved on. They have made a choice to devote their time and efforts to other things. I choose to remain a voice on these boards to combat persons such as yourself who refuse to entertain any viewpoint other then their own. A person does not have to be on Bullshido to have a critical mindset about their art. A person does not need to be a member of Bullshido to be criticized, we constantly scrutinize techniques, both my Sifu and Sigung apply a scientific perspective to Wing Chun, an anatomical perspective to Wing Chun. That is sufficient "critical thinking" for their needs and frankly, for mine as well. I appreciate your comments.

IgnatzAmI
    Last edited by ignatzami; 2/10/2007 10:38pm at .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast