Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:26am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami
    Look at the fight record and tell me Wing Chun doesnt work.
    Ow! Ow! Hot coffee! OMG! My nostrils!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Upa,

With all due respect. I don't troll you, don't troll my school.
    Maybe you should.

Until that time I would politly ask you to not bring up issues long dead and buried.

Until Phil is dead and buried, you are mistaken about this issue being dead and buried. If you feel otherwise, at least fully document your current position on the subject here (preferably in a new thread in the MABS sub-forum) so people get a better idea where you stand. Once you do this, we can all say "SEARCH FUNCTION FUCKTARD" whenever someone tries to bring it up again.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this your school? http://www.syracusewingchun.com/classes.html

If so 2 questions:

1)I see you rate your Grappling at a 7 what type of grappling do you do?

2)What is
    Combat Submission Wrestling (JKD Grappling)
    ?

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:57am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Is this your school? http://www.syracusewingchun.com/classes.html

If so 2 questions:

1)I see you rate your Grappling at a 7 what type of grappling do you do?

2)What is ?
    It Is Fake,

Yes thatís my school, as to your questions.... I honestly have no idea. The Grappling rating comes from one of my Sihings who takes JKD, the JKD grappling curriculum is taught by Sifu Eric Winfree as part of the JKD curriculum and comes from Guru Kevin Seaman who certified Sifu Eric Winfree. Guru Kevin's site is located here:

http://www.ewmaa.com/index.html

I'm sure either Guru Kevin or Guru Eric would be more then willing to discuss the curriculum with you. Their e-mails are present on their respective sites.

My apologies I could not be more help.

IgnatzAmI

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:12am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay then you should have left it blank.

Let your sihing come here and rate that part of your school.

Zero experience=zero review.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Until Phil is dead and buried, you are mistaken about this issue being dead and buried. If you feel otherwise, at least fully document your current position on the subject here (preferably in a new thread in the MABS sub-forum) so people get a better idea where you stand. Once you do this, we can all say "SEARCH FUNCTION FUCKTARD" whenever someone tries to bring it up again.
    Tom Kagen,
    I will do my best...

I have never met Phil. I joined Syracuse Martial Arts just as the Phil debacle was coming to a close and feelings in the school were still rather hot. I did my best to lurk and search both here and on The Martialist and on E-Budo and put together my own views on Phil Elmore.

I believe that Phil is one of the best examples of how to not behave in the martial world. While I did not see him train and so will not speak to hearsay I can speak to the changes implemented in my school beginning just before Phil left.

My Sifu was originally certified to teach Cheung style Wing Chun. Shortly before I joined the school my Sifu became a disciple under Sifu John Crescione (now my Sigung)

http://www.drjohnsot.com/kungfu.html

At this point students began training for, and testing under Sifu Cresciones requirements which require a higher degree of physicality then the Cheung style requirements. These requirements include but are not limited to: Chain punches, Pushups, Hindu Squats as well as other exercises. (I don't have my curriculum in front of me, sorry) I am told that Phil objected to this change. A heated internet debate ensued on a variety of forums and Phil left the school after making a variety of statements on this board and others as to the character of my Sifu and my School. Suffice to say, the comments were not flattering. My Sigung told my Sifu to let it go, to focus on the students in the school and let the bad apple go. So, my Sifu did just that. While Phil is still a bit of a joke in our school all the students understand that the bad blood is over. We have moved on and dedicated our time and energy to training, to improving our art. We do not waste our time on people who are afraid of a few pushups.

I respect my Sifu's wishes to leave the fight behind us. I was not involved directly, and so, do not feel the need to get involved. But frankly, the school is better for what we went through, and we are better without Phil.

IgnatzAmI

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Okay then you should have left it blank.

Let your sihing come here and rate that part of your school.

Zero experience=zero review.
    It Is Fake,

None of my Sihings, or my Sifu post on Bullshido. I asked for a rating to give a fuller picture of my school. A Zero in grappling would imply that none is taught at the school, this is untrue. I trust my Sihing to give an accurate rating based on the criteria that have been established in other threads for the rating system. (I provided him with these criteria) I am sorry if you feel my rating is inappropriate but I am striving to give the fullest, most accurate review of my school possible. I am sure you would do the same.

IgnatzAmI

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough.

For the record, I met John quite a few years ago. I hope he resolved his vanity issues in the intervening years and dumped that rug on his head.

(Okay, that was trolling. I couldn't resist. UpaLumpa wasn't, however. His comments are still valid concerns, IMO.)
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:24am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It Is Fake,

None of my Sihings, or my Sifu post on Bullshido. I asked for a rating to give a fuller picture of my school. A Zero in grappling would imply that none is taught at the school, this is untrue. I trust my Sihing to give an accurate rating based on the criteria that have been established in other threads for the rating system. (I provided him with these criteria) I am sorry if you feel my rating is inappropriate but I am striving to give the fullest, most accurate review of my school possible. I am sure you would do the same.

IgnatzAmI
    It isn't accurate.

Do they read bullshido?
    Did they read the rules of the review?

The purpose is for people to critique your ratings and ask questions. Regardless of if it is a legit rating YOU CAN'T RESPOND to questions.

Therefore it isn't an accurate rating.

It is similar to the fake testimonials we talk about on other threads. Agent X says style B is great then, it turns out he never did said style.

Does this now make sense?

IMO you rate the chun then say we offer grappling in your description.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Fair enough.

For the record, I met John quite a few years ago. I hope he resolved his vanity issues in the intervening years and dumped that rug on his head.
    Tom,

He's still..... opinionated, and no, unfortunately the "rug" is still around.

IgnatzAmI
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast