Sponsored Links Spacer Image

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 12:51pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Syracuse Wing Chun/Syracuse Martial Arts Academy

Syracuse Martial Arts is a small yet diverse martial community in Syracuse New York. Classes are offered six days a week, two hours per day Monday through Saturday. Instruction is available in Chung style Wing Chun under Sifu Anthony Iglesias, Jeet Kun Do/Jun Fan Kickboxing under Guro Eric Winfree, and in Inosanto Kali also under Guro Winfree.

Kids classes are offered as an introduction to Kung Fu with the intent of having the younger students transfer into JKD or Wing Chun when they reach a suitable age.

Training deviates in several key areas from the "Traditional" atmosphere. While no students spar full contact light contact sparring and flow drills are encouraged. Once the average student body progresses to a higher level of proficiency the sparring will increase in both level of contact and frequency. Both head instructors have a varied martial background and are certified by the parent organizations for their art.

Training fees range from 85$/100$ for a single style for a six month/one year contract to 120$ a month for all three styles for a one year contract.

Training atmosphere is casual and cross training is encouraged both within the curriculums offered and outside the school.

In short, our door is always open and we welcome anyone passing through the Syracuse are to pay us a visit.
    Last edited by ignatzami; 2/18/2007 4:31pm at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait. Isn't this Phil Elmore's old school, with the douchebag kung fu master?

Why yes,yes it is.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:47pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Upa, while it is indeed worthy of note that this is Phil's old school, it should also be made clear that Phil ran away from this school with his tail between his legs because they increased the level of sparring and general athleticism required to participate in class. It was the "douchebag kung fu master" you mentioned who called Phil on his crazed Elmore double-thinking douchebaggery and let everyone know without doubt- yes, some saw Phil's considerable waist-line and still gave him the benefit of the doubt- that Phil Elmore is deathly afraid of sweating and touching people.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:54pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually remember Iglesias acquitting himself rather well over here.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 2:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also remember him making several of the normal sort of nonsensical "sport" and "antigrapple" arguments here and on pax.

It should be noted that he supported Phil in all his chicanery until Phil started criticising him as well.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Upa...

Upa,

With all due respect. I don't troll you, don't troll my school. If you have an issue with me, my Sifu, the way I train etc. please, I invite, nay I IMPLORE you to make the trip to Syracuse and touch hands with myself, my Sihings, or either of my Sifu's. Until that time I would politly ask you to not bring up issues long dead and buried.

IgnatzAmI

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 2:43pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Ignatz,

We've got these reviews set up so that people can ask critical questions about a school in order to provide the most accurate information to the Martial Arts community. Upa hasn't rated your school (and rightly so, since he hasn't visited it), but we don't discourage criticism here or elsewhere on the site.

So your best bet is to respond with facts and clarify any misunderstandings.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 5:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami
    With all due respect. I don't troll you, don't troll my school.
    Actually I consider just the mention of "wing chun" to be trolling anyone interested in something "martial". So yes, yes you have.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Actually I consider just the mention of "wing chun" to be trolling anyone interested in something "martial". So yes, yes you have.
    Upa,

With all due respect, I do Wing Chun because it works for me, because I enjoy what I train in. I don't claim that it is the be all of Martial Arts, it is a system, nothing more. While I appreciate the views of the Bullshido community when it comes to Wing Chun I also know that not all Wing Chun is bad. Touch hands with Sifu Francis Fong, Sifu Crescione, Sifu William Cheung and tell me Wing Chun doesnt work, look at the Iron Wolves fight team under Sifu Alan Orr:

http://www.alanorr.com/htdocs/nhb/teamironorr.html

Look at the fight record and tell me Wing Chun doesnt work.

However, I, and my Sifu, will be the first to admit that there is a lot of bad Wing Chun out there. For that reason I tolerate the disdain of this community for my art. But not all Wing Chun is bad and I can say with certainty the Wing Chun taught at Syracuse Martial Arts, works.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Listen to Die.

You have now engaged in a debate you can't hope to win. Why? You don't train at alan orr's school.

Let it go.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast