Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 12:47am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    Edit: Now that I think about it, that aikido guy did look surprised when he got punched in the face the first time.
    Yeah, the look on his face is priceless! He's like "OMG! he just hit me... in the face!!". heheh, have you seen the full version of the clip? They signed a contract at the beginning, I think he put up $5000... I guess he really did believe.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 12:49am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I didn't see all of that. I saw two videos from two different angles, but I didn't really know what was going on.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 5:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    What I often wonder about these guy is whether they actually believe this stuff works, or do they know that there is some kind of mass-hysteria (not sure what word I actually want to use here is) and the "victims" will have a conditioned response because of what they've seen other people do or because of what they believe will happen. Do you have any thoughts on this?
    A bit of the later. I knew one who was a very ardent disciple of Dillweed. I offered to test him, but when the subject of objective testing came up, he would draw back. I think it was fear--fear that what he had spent all of his time learning was worthless.

The sad thing is he was very athletic and had natural skills. Typical with the discussions on _ing _ung he utilized other arts for actual fighting--"t00 t3h d34dly" to use his Dillweed moves.

The comparisons to cults are very apt--willful ignorance disguised as "faith." The more you "do not question" the more "dedicated" you are to the art. Useless jargon--"hit that triple warmer point!!!"--and the like all feed the delusion.

And who--starting out--does not want to be deluded? Who does not want to have the ability seen in all of the movies? Unfortunately, it is not real.

--J.D.
    Last edited by Doctor X; 2/08/2007 5:36am at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12