Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude, what the heck?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 3:42pm

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To all the good sons that posted in this thread, notice that it's been tagged "no one cares"...

Yeah, very brave...

Tomas

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Only someone with serious issues and in need of help would do that. Really.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Drgon
    To all the good sons that posted in this thread, notice that it's been tagged "no one cares"...

Yeah, very brave...

Tomas
    I didn't tag that, but it's pretty funny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 8:41am

Style: Pai Lum K.F.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im sorry did i mention anything about Arlington cemetary or people being killed ... i believed that this thread was to honor those that have overcome lifetime strife and still hang on to the horns of the bull at years beyond that which they should have retired at like most elderly people do. And if no one cares why even post on bullshido.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my dad is a 50 year old drunken irishman who does as little as possible, except objectify woman. and complain. i aspire to be like him one day

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:37pm

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You too Alex? We must be long lost brothers!

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 1:56am

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    An old family friend of mine (who is like a grandfather, but not related) is 92 years old, and still walks over a kilometre a day, and cooks huge dinners for 2 or 3 families at a time, on occasion. The guy even danced at christmas this year ! And plus he makes pretty much the best tabouleh in the world.

He's no muscle man, but to even be alive at 92 is a feat in itself! Let alone dancing..
    My grandfather on my mom's side was not quite the shape at that age, but at 95 he's still able to walk. He retired from dentistry at 86 thereafter donating his tools to a museum. I would've thought the patients would've noticed the lack of...anything computerized and switched, but they kept coming back. I had only been to him until he retired, and found it hilarious the difference between his office and the new guy I see.

Every summer he tends to his fairly sizeable garden and makes sure to start his day by taking a swim in his pool. He would still jump in had my family not insisted otherwise, but I think somewhere around 90 he should learn he's not a kid anymore.

I love hearing stories like this because it defys the stereotypes of the elderly all being feeble, and sets an example for where I hope to be at that age.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 1:31pm

Style: Pai Lum K.F.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hell my great grand dad died at 103 and he was still walking to the store (about a block) and back for his daily habit of yoohoo and Italian sub sandwich for lunch. he said the way to living a long life is not to care about today but do what you want to stay young in heart. He was a cranky old coot, i think he stayed around so long just to piss off the family as one of his hobbies. Thats my goal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 1:42pm

Style: Judo, Xbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Tomas, where does your dad live?

By the way, your family attitude toward working out explains a lot about your warmups in class.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast