230672 Bullies, 4030 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/05/2003 6:15pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got back from the gym, and instead of grabbing an ABB Mass Recovery drink, I grabbed one of their Ripped Force drinks by mistake.

I got about halfway through it when I realized my mistake. The damn thing has loads of ephedrine and other stimulants. Needless to say, I'm sitting here typing 200mph and thinking about going running... to Canada to visit JKDChick and the other Canuk members of the forum.

Yeah, it's that bad. Anyone else ever had this happen to them? I'm REALLY sensitive to caffine/stimulants (legal, wouldn't know about the bad stuff). My heart rate was almost up to 200, and being 28, that's a bit high.

Right now it's cruising around 120bpm, and that's at rest. Normally it's around 70. Heh, learned my lesson about reading labels I guess.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    8/05/2003 6:21pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not caffeine sensitive, but I do remember the first time I took American Hydroxycut -- which is WAY stronger than we get up here.

It's all kind of a fast motion, cartoon-like blur of soda, potato chips and crying children.

"Actually, when practiced properly, such and such art causes oceans to rise and cities to fall and the great Pharoh's army to shudder beneath your might." -- Boyd
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    8/05/2003 7:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The worst though, was when I thought I was a badass and ordered a Triple-shot, Venti, Carmel Macchiato (no relation to the Karate Kid star) at Starbucks.

Not only was I fighting every impulse to do 30 sets of pushups in public, but it ran through me like an oversized SUV with a roadrageaholic behind the wheel.

Most unpleasant.

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    8/05/2003 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is extremely rare that I drink soft drinks of any kind, but that Jolt cola stuff does it for me.

Also, in some places in Japan, they sell iced coffee in a can....just like cans of pop. I think they probably have that stuff in Canada and the US too.

Anyway, that stuff'll send you gyrating off the walls too.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    8/05/2003 7:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Australia has MUCH tighter regulations on supplements than the US does.

Most of the caffeine like substances are illegal here.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2003 5:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not allowed to drink pepsi because i get very active and its very hard for me to behave as i should.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2003 8:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stupidly tried a caffeine supplement before a tkd class about a yr ago. Whoa... that was a MISTAKE!

I'd read an article that claimed taking caffeine an hour before working out increase energy level/speed and also helps facilitate weight loss. Apparently, some people take caffeine before tournaments/competitons and some amateur athletes use caffeine because it acts as a "legal" performance enhancer.

Annnnyway, I thought I'd see what it was all about and took a caffeine pill an hour before my class. Didn't get the expected heart racing. Instead I sweat A LOT (caffeine dehydrates you)and felt really nauseas. Rather than feeling faster more energized, I was significantly slower probably because I was pre-occupied with whether I was going to vomit. It totally sucked.

So yeah...Let me throw myself on the grenade for the group, stay away from the caffeine pills. lol.

Edited by - tkdist on August 06 2003 08:59:23

Posted On:
    8/06/2003 9:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not allowed to drink pepsi because i get very active and its very hard for me to behave as i should.
    Funny. Pepsi has more sugar in it than the other cola products from what I've seen.

I stay away from all but diet drinks, because sugar is the enemy of good abdominal muscles.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    8/06/2003 12:54pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once I drank 4 energy drinks, 2 sobe, and a bottle of tea in just two hours. I cannot stop run, climb on everything, attack my friends (to play around, not real fight!), and other stuff so much that people stay away from me for few days afterward.

It is a rat eat rat world.

"A magical place where I have a freakish large penis and I am also the king of the mushroom people." - by Omen Stone
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/06/2003 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    red bull + vodka, one to one, does wonders.

not very good for you, though.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast