Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NasalInfection
    Hmmm, ok I got all that. Are there other high protein spreads other than peanut butter due to personal allergies?

And I am 5'10", 270. You might ask, "how the **** are you on this forum, you belong on MAP", but I carry my **** fairly well. What target daily calorie intake should I look at? Or is it just more important to tone down what I normally eat?

All advice posted in this thread I will recompile (with credit where due) into a "Bullshido: Get your **** together mega-plan" thread.
    I went from 260lbs to 230lbs in 3 months. Progress has now slowed so It's taken a month to lose another 5 lbs, but the lard is staying off.

Breakfast: fruit and cereal with skimmed milk. Black coffee no sugar.

Morning snack 1 or 2 pieces of fruit. Black coffee no sugar.

Lunch: Anything made from real ingredients for under

Afternoon snack: 1 or 2 pieces of fruit

Main meal: A good sized portion of any meat, poultry or fish that I want. Just not fried, and not served with fried potatoes, melted cheese or any cream-based sauces. Fruit for desert.

Exercise routine:

2 hours of MA class twice a week (often interrupted due to work commitments though).

Monday: Assisted chins, dumbbell press, Deadlifts, Woodchops. All done for 3-4 sets with a weight I can just about get 5 out on the last set. Steadily increasing the weight each week.

20-30 minutes on the crosstrainer at a high enough resistance setting and speed to keep my heart between 150-170.

Wednesday: Bench, pullups, leg press, crunches with a weight for same set/rep scheme as monday.
    Same cardio as monday straight after.

Friday: Some mix of exercises from Monday and Wednesday, same rep scheme. Cardio as Monday.

Sometimes I do the Cardio first, but I remember reading that doing resistance work first is better for fat loss.

When I go out drinking I switch to spirits and a diet mixer after the first beer.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 3:37pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a super simplified summary:

Summary:
    -Diet
    --Avoid Fast Food
    --Calculate your daily caloric intake and break it into 7 seperate small meals
    --Replace all white bread/starch/pasta with whole wheat products
    --Replace one of those meals with a low-fat protein shake (40g or more). Whey Protein or ABB Extreme Body RTD 50 are suggested
    --Make sure you get enough fiber, supplement with Metamucil as needed
    --Drink plenty of water
    --Cut out foods high in sugar and sodium
    -Workout
    --Use a tabata or HIIT routine every other day
    --Lift weights, perform total body circuits utilizing the biggest muscles in your body

Agreements/disagreements/clarifications on any of these bullets?

El macho - When you recommended that morning 3 minute routine, is that an example of HIIT?

Flash Jackson - With that full body circuit, would that be done three times a week? What negative affect does that have on the muscle groups not targeted?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a super simplified summary:

Summary:
    -Diet
    --Avoid Fast Food
    --Calculate your daily caloric intake and break it into 7 seperate small meals
    --Replace all white bread/starch/pasta with whole wheat products
    --Replace one of those meals with a low-fat protein shake (40g or more). Whey Protein or ABB Extreme Body RTD 50 are suggested
    --Make sure you get enough fiber, supplement with Metamucil as needed
    --Drink plenty of water
    --Cut out foods high in sugar and sodium
    -Workout
    --Use a tabata or HIIT routine every other day
    --Lift weights, perform total body circuits utilizing the biggest muscles in your body

Agreements/disagreements/clarifications on any of these bullets?

>>> El macho - When you recommended that morning 3 minute routine, is that an example of HIIT?

Flash Jackson - With that full body circuit, would that be done three times a week? What negative affect does that have on the muscle groups not targeted?
    Hmmm, yes and no :tongue6:

It's something I came up with while experimenting with a few friends a while back ago to get out of ruts and plateaus. I would not call it HIIT since you don't go balls out for short periods of time. An example of a HIIT workout would be cycles on the threadmill made up of short bursts (say 30 to 50 seconds) as fast as possible followed by 2 or 3 minutes of walking or jogging at moderate speed.

I've found push ups, jumping jacks and ab crunches to be excellent warm ups. I'd like to think of it like a tabata-lite. It will make you sweat but won't drain you like a tabata set. A real tabata set will drain you and may not be able to work out later. No way in hell this is a tabata set or a HIIT routine. Not at all :tongue3:

Push ups alone will hit your shoulders, chest, abs and triceps, and when done this way (non-stop and mixed with other exercises), they will help you improve your anabolic capacity. I find improving anaerobic capacity to be more efficient at burning calories than just plain cardio (plus it does improve cardio by itself.)

I suggested it to be done separate from your main workout because splitting workouts during the day is a more effective way to increase the total number of calories burned during the day than to try to do a mega-monster workout. As you get more habituated, you can increase the intensity (speed of the reps) or the lenght (from 3 minutes to 5 or even 10 minutes).

Not to deviate much, but I think this may be relevant...

I recently bought Rhadi Ferguson's DVD on body workouts, and that's from where I got the idea of replacing ab crunches with jumping jacks. It's a nice product; Rhadi's routines are nothing out of this world, but nicely composed, explained, vigorous, can be done in 10 to 30 minutes and can be modified to anyone's needs.

Another thing you can experiment with is to do a set of push ups right after a set of compound exercises (.ie. squats, deadlifts or barbell rows.) That change is what helped me improve my endurance for BJJ (I still struggle, blame it on age), but the changes were positive and measurable.

When I do those, I stick to 40 push ups (you can modify that number if you want.) After a while, when combined with squats, it is a struggle to get the 40 reps (lactic acid). So I just stop for a few seconds, do more reps, stop and keep going until I get 40. This is just one example of what I do whenever I feel my endurance is sucking (no breaks between the individual exercises) - I make changes according to how I feel:

1. squats/front squats (same weight for all sets) - 10 to 15 reps (I prefer front squats).
    2. 40 push ups or 20 jumping push ups (taking breaks if necessary) - do them fast and with proper form.
    3. towel chin ups to failure or barbell rows (same weight for all sets, 10+/- reps - partial reps if necessary.)
    4. 60-second break and repeat for 30 minutes
    5. pee/poo/gasping-for-air break
    6. repeat 1 through 4 for 15 more minutes.

So what you can do with your squats is to immediately drop and do 15 push ups, fast. Then you assess if you can do 20, 30 or 40. The key is to do them fast and in proper form. If you need to take a short break to complete the number of push ups, that's fine. What's important is the effort given.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 2:32am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    El Macho, if you've seen Beyond Burpees you'd know that there's a much faster way to get that done, and I'd recommend it to replace your morning routine with all due respect(I feel weird, acting like such a gentleman on Bullshido). Just do 10 or so burpees into jumping pullups for 3-4 sets. "Blast the Groove" with the pullups if you will, lower slowly, then go right into another burpee.

NI, I like your bullets, but I'll not disagree and rather give pointers to improve them. First of all don't think of it AS a diet. It's a permanent lifestyle change.

Second, food can be fast without being at fast food places. I carry my Navy bag with me wherever I go and I stock it every morning with some homemade energy bars(a cup oatmeal, a cup peanut butter nuked in the microwave with a ton of honey for about 80 seconds, some nesquik, some nuts, raisins, banana chips, and drizzled caramel on top for flavor, mixed in baking pan, cut into bars, and put into saran wrap after it cools), some apples and oranges, yogurt, a thermos full of protein shake, and a sandwich or two on whole wheat, just in case **** doesn't go right that day so my diet doesn't go to ****.

Calories don't matter. Calories are units of energy. Read the original Tabata protocol studies mentioned in my mass post above, and you'll see just how much calories don't equal fat. A protein calorie is burned at like 9 times the rate of a fat calorie, and a carb calorie is burnt at like 4 times the rate, I don't know the real figures. You not a bathtub. you don't equal calories in, calories out. Sprinters eat like 8000 calories+ a day, and running is supposed to burn like 120 or some **** an hour. News flash, they don't "burn" the calories off, they utilize them.

White bread is good post workout, and that's it. You know why white bread is so criticized? Let me cite an excerpt from my program again, to clarify things.

White Bread is another dietary danger. White bread is bread with only the bran. Think of a popcorn kernel. the seed, the starting point has so many vitamins and minerals, I mean, it has to nurture the bran(same with the fruit, seeds have the vitamins so it can grow the fruit), then there the other vitamins and minerals in the skin which pops off. It has to protect the bran(that big white fluffy part). You know the people that chew orange rinds for the health benefits. We won't go to those extremes, but I'm here to educate. That bran is mostly devoid of nutrients. It's just there to look and taste good. That bran is the only part of white bread that's left. What the bran does, is that since it doesn't have it's buddies, like fiber, minerals, or vitamins, it can't slow down. It shoots right through your system before your body can utilize it. Your body ups the insulin so it can digest, but there's nothing there, causing an insulin crash. Ever ate a big plate of spaghetti and took a nap afterwards? It saps your energy. Some people get diabetes just because they have Italian families, and they don't eat whole grains in their flour-based food. The trick is labeling. If it's labeled "wheat bread", and it's brown, it has molasses and/or food coloring in it. If it's labeled "whole grain" or "whole wheat", it's good. With rice, it has to have 2 requirements: It has to be brown or white and black, and it has to say "long grain". White bread is great post workout however, as per the effects mentioned, since your muscles will be working so hard to find nutrients to rebuild, the nutrients which usually pass through your system will be absorbed that much quicker and get into your system straight back to your muscles, the same reason people eat/drink fast absorbing carbs like sports drinks and fast absorbing protein like whey.

The shake is good, but as mentioned above, whey is fast absorbed, which means like white bread, you'll piss it out any other time of day except training time. Get soy or goat's milk, or egg, whatever for the meal replacement, so that protein will "stick to your ribs". Also, don't be afraid to load that fucking shake up man. Be adventurous. 2 scoops of protein or even 3, put some canned pumpkin in there to boost that fiber, berries in there for the antioxidants, all natural peanut butter for taste and that heart healthy fatty acids, and a banana. There's tons of things you can slap in there with your milk and protein to turbocharge that mother fucker. Look **** up, you'll find some ****!

With fiber, I'd do what I do. I replace a whole meal with beans. It really fucking helps. Make them from scratch. Look at the box and tell me what it says! Like 13 grams of fucking fiber a serving, and you get a bowl of it and you'll get 2 or 3. You only need like 40 grams in a day, so with it, your whole grain ****, your fruit and veggies, and your wheaties, you'll be shitting out some solid turds you won't know where they come from, 4-5 times a day. I'm serious! At work they call me Greased Lightning because I'll **** in less that 30 seconds. They claim that it's because I'm in the Navy, I claim that their um, stupid. You'll need to flavor those beans man, or else you'll upchuck it after a while. I always make my own chili. Become a chili cooker, and make some awesome bean soups, and you'll throw some sweet bonfires and barbecues. Trust me, the neighborhood will love you and anyone who rolls with you won't, cause you'll be dropping bombs, believe me.

On that note, learn how to cook veggies. Look up all the recipes you can and hide that ****. Make vegetable soups and stuff, just find a way to make it palatable without smothering it with cheese.

Drink plenty of water. Water, tea, and fruit and vegetable juices. Keep away from sports drinks though, they are fast absorbed carbs, much like white bread. They are designed for endurance activities. Do you want to look like an endurance runner or a sprinter? Exactly.

All your workouts shouldn't last much longer than 30 minutes or so. Any longer and your just jacking off. Keep your rest periods in between 1 and 3 minutes. I have to clarify, when I mentioned my program above, I'd rather you do power curls(power cleans in a curl grip) than hang cleans, because then you really can focus of the downward phase. I'm sorry about that, it was 4:30 in the morning where I am when I made that post, and yes, 3 times a week with that program, like Monday program, Tuesday 4 minutes tabata sprinting on stationary bike, etc. Sunday rest, everyday do 3 minute program outlined above in the morning. It won't screw up your gains, it'll just prime you for the day and raise your metabolism. Do it after breakfast. Your muscles need 48 hours to recover from strength training activities. If you don't eat breakfast you lower your metabolism 5 percent for the day, that's a net gain of 10 pounds in one year. Install a pullup bar in your house or use some low tech options for the pullup bar and the morning program from these sites: http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157. Give yourself proper fuel before your workout and something to rebuild on afterwards, every time, even if it's a quick shake or some yogurt. You won't burn more fat, you won't burn more calories, you'll fucking burn muscle if you don't eat pre workout. Let me clarify with yet another excerpt from my program.

Eat before you train. It's the same as eating breakfast. You can't run on nothing. Eat after you train. After you work out, your body needs to rebuild. "But Flash, I would just gain back what I tried to lose!" Shutup. Shut up. Stop concentrating on losing. We're gaining strength, gaining performance, gaining muscle. It's easy to go on a diet and lose weight. Most people don't fucking want to lose weight, they want to lose fat. If you want to lose fat, you won't fear gaining muscle. You'll build muscle how you train. Either all over or on specific parts. What does muscle burn? 50 extra calories a day just sitting around. That's why your body considers it wasteful and it's so hard to gain. That means you can work out once a week or so after a while, and still keep your gains in muscle(it takes a lot to lose it), and keep the fat off. Gain 6 pounds of muscle and you've got 300 calories being burnt off per day while you just sit around and be you. You can be a bit more lenient once you've gained the muscle, because it doesn't take that much to keep it, and it still burns off those calories no matter what you do.

Yes, cut out food high in sugar and sodium, but also avoid foods with High fructose corn syrup and trans fatty acids in it. What? You need more explanation? More excerpts then.

Your metabolism tells your body whether to store fat or muscle. Do not fear muscle. You will not look like a bodybuilder unless you train like one. Muscle burns 50 extra calories a day just sitting there, which is why your body considers in wasteful and it's so hard to gain. Whether you are man, woman or small child, muscle fits on you the way you put it, either on specific parts or all over, like a cover model. Your muscles need to work together to accomplish a means to an end. The bigguns are what really needs to be worked. The big main movements, in order to get lean and mean. But that's not what we're talking about.

We're talking about nutrition, and facts. There's something that you need to know. You know those studies where they say from the 1950s onward the obesity rates doubled and tripled and stuff? We tried to blame it on this and that, lack of activity, lack of discipline, whatnot. Here's a fact. We are 2 times as active as we were in the 1950s. Activity's not the problem. Abs are made in the kitchen. You cannot spot reduce fat. You cannot work a section of your musculature and expect fat to melt away from there. If that were true, you'd see people with six packs but 3 chins and huge asses. Ridiculous. People don't exercise right, and they don't eat right. They try, but they don't eat often enough, and they eat all the wrong stuff. They don't know it though. Back to the 1950s. In the 1950s, they made to substances that they put in almost all food to cut costs. They made trans fatty acids(lard, butter, margarine), which was a oil that stayed solid at room temperature and didn't smoke. The bad part that they didn't discover, is the effect it had on the body. It causes you to store fat. You think I'm joking? Google it. They list it on labels as "Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil" or something similar. Go out there and see how many foods you have in your house that has it listed on the labels. These foods are hard to avoid, but not impossible. If you stop eating pure junk food, then you'll cut out a lot of it. You don't have to worry about it so much, just be aware it exists.

Then there's the big dog, in almost all foods there is something called "high fructose corn syrup". This was also made in the 1950s. It is corn syrup heated to incredible degrees, and increases the fructose levels in it by an incredible amount, so it's very very sweet, and incredibly cheap, cheaper than sugar. What does fructose do? Fructose is fruit sugar, and it shuts off your body's hunger control mechanism. Fruit doesn't have enough of it to do much damage, but it's what makes fruit sweet. Fruit has a fiber called pectin to neutralize it though, and make you feel full. Have you ever seen a picture of pre 1950s soda? Google it.

See how tiny it is? That quenched people's thirst. Because there wasn't any HFCS in it. It was a novelty drink, drank like wine. Nowadays you see a guy that'll down a 2 liter in one sitting. That's because there's nothing telling him that he's full. You can get addicted to the carbonation. There was always people addicted, but it never was much of a problem, seeing as there was no ill effects. There sure as hell is now. Take baby steps. It's in all your food, cut down on the amount you eat. If it's the second ingredient on the ingredient list, that means it has a lot of it in there. Cut down. Go from soda to diet soda by going half and half, then go from there to juices, then real fruit juices, 100% fruit juices and tea. Green Tea has a ton of health benefits, there's no shame in sweetening it. Once you cut out the junk food and soda, that sugar isn't going to effect you anymore. Same with condiments. Pile it on if it'll make it taste good. It won't hurt much.

Bodybuilders lift like they do for individual muscle growth and definition, and separation. They want to look like an anatomy chart when ripped. In order to release the most human growth hormone, it is necessary to keep the workout short and intense while still working the bigger muscles. Look at it like this. Your doing a bench press right? It works triceps, shoulders a bit, and chest. Your working back and chest today. Then your going to work biceps and triceps tomorrow? No. Almost all "back" moves work your bis, and almost all "chest" moves work your tris. Keep it straight and full body, and you can get full recovery between workouts. You don't grow when your working out, this isn't Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. You grow when your resting. He can worry about muscle separation and definition after his 12 weeks here. But if he's MA then he shouldn't worry about it at all, muscles working together are functional, muscles trained to work apart are useless. Don't believe me? Watch a bodybuilder swing a golf club. It's worse than your handwriting, guaranteed.

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 2:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    h **** son, I didn't see how long that morning routine was. I'd say to get primed for the day just do 4-5 sets or so of that ****, 8 at the most if you can handle the burpees without them causing you to be sore.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 4:22am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings all, recently I had the good fortune to win a radio contest where I was one of 96 who got a free 12 week membership to Gold's Gym. This also entered me in another contest where the individual who increases their overall fitness the most in those 12 weeks wins some nice prizes.

My question is this: What is the best way to do this? I want to max out my training without creating undue negative effects.

My background: I am an overweight Aikidoist <insert joke here> who hasn't trained since October. I also have to be sensitive of my knees, both having been scoped for torn cartilage.
    You impress the **** out of me with your honesty and openness thanks man it is a breathe of fresh air .

*edit *

let me clarify this some .... I am impressed with honesty but more so with you taking advantage of this and turning it into something it that will last you a lifetime instead of a silly local hero , I am special , head trip type thing .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 2/09/2007 4:40am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 9:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bah Backfist, this was a selfish thread for helping plan out my next 12 weeks (fun and games officially start on the 21st), but I appreciate the comment. It is the Bullshido community that continues to impress with their knowledge and willingness to share.

I have collected all these posts into a word doc but will rewrite them to make them cohesive. I will repost that document before PMing it to an admin to make sure its ok to post as an article submission or what have you.

Questions:
    So only dring the whey protein immediately following a workout?
    Should there be any special ramp-up routine for those who are coming off a long period of inactivity?
    At what point during the 12 weeks should the weightlifting routine be altered (more weight less reps).
    Just to verify, there should always be a morning routine, coffee for the metabolism, regardless of your workout for the day? (e.g. weightlifting or Tabata)

I am rereading all these posts and then drafting a set workout schedule for those 12 weeks for critique.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For HIIT I will stick to just one exercise for simplicity sake, I might alternate later but focusing on just one exercise and pushing hard seems simplest to me. In order to get a full body effect I want to just perform Hindu Squats.

For the weightlifting specifics, this article from T-Nation seems to encompass all the advice being given so far. My question is this, are there any specific muscle groupings I should be considering when I select these exercises? I also do not understand how the base weight is selected for this routine.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031
    Last edited by NasalInfection; 2/09/2007 10:19am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 10:42am

Style: Pai Lum K.F.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would just like to add something about fast food.... not all of it is bad. McChildkiller had to change alot of its menu to incorporate low fat/sodium foods like salads and the chicken sandwiches. get a parfet (sorry never could spell that) with the asian chicken salad if you have to eat there.
    I always hit subway or quizno's for lunch cause it is only a block from my office. 6 inch club, all vegtables, Eazy on the dressings and hammer the water if you need to feel full

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 2:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wendy's chili and yogurt, stuff like that. Not all of it is bad. Just avoid it when possible. My suggestions on carrying a nutrition-backpack at all times are great for this. Like I said, whey protein, creatine, and all that nonsense is for pre and post workout. Soy, egg, goat milk, and whatnot are for all other meal replacement shakes. I would say for a ramp up program, work your time down. You'll start out in X time, make sure your workout gets done in X time. Whittle it down until your only going about 60 seconds rest in between exercises, and you know your not screwing around. Keep up the tempo.

Alter the program with different exercises at about every 3 weeks, or go for the whole time if your showing those results. Be mindful of your central nervous system, and if you wanna take every fourth week easy, then do it. Yes, the morning routine, breakfast and coffee is essential for ignoring that pain(coffee) and waking up that metabolism. I forgot where I got the CNS info. Search on T-Nation, I can guarantee it was either there or westside barbell.

For Tabata, I would do it on a stationary bike, as per the original study. It's easier that way, to get those benefits. The things I don't like about the program you showed goes as follows: First off, I would never advocate you doing squats and deadlifts both in the same workout. That's just too much for your legs. Choose one or the other. If you choose deads, make your breathing squats breathing like, power cleans or something. There's only so much your legs can take. Second, never do single joint exercises if your lifting for just raw mass and fat loss. This is gonna be your main goal for now. For your aesthetic desires, you can bust out some single joint **** later.

The straight sets. I don't likey. For mass and strength gain, not fat loss. To get those good results your aiming for quickly, your gonna need to stick to circuits. Also, to add onto this, I must say that I chose the power curl for a reason. It hits the whole delt too. **** that other ****. People just don't think hard enough. You can focus on the eccentric phase with the power curl. I like the load increases. Always challenge yourself. One more thing. Another excerpt(I'm a couple sentences away from being done with this thing).

"Spot reduction: There is no spot reducing. We've been over this. But in January or February 2007, Muscle and Fitness magazine posted a study on page 269 that states, "Spot-reduction refers to the ability to lose bodyfat in a specific area of the body, such as the abs or thighs. Up until now, the scientific consensus was that spot-reduction is impossible because it was assumed that the body draws fat from all fat cells in the body during exercise, not just those in a specific area. Yet new research from the university of Copenhagen (Denmark), as reported in a 2006 issue of the American Journal of Physiology, turns all we thought we knew about fat-burning upside down.". "The Danish scientists had 10 college-age males perform single-leg extensions with light weight for 30 minutes. They measured the amount of blood flowing to the subcutaneous fat cells (those under the skin) in the exercising thigh and the amount of lipolysis (release of fat) from these cells. Both lipolysis and blood flow to the subcutaneous fat cells were found to have increased in the exercising leg, suggesting that during workouts, you burn fat preferentially from the fat cells in the area being trained." The findings stated in graph format that the blood flow to the exercising leg was increased 50% and lipolysis was increased nearly 850%. It is my belief that the reason you don't see people working off that midsection of theirs with crunches is because they don't engage in FAT BURNING exercise thereafter. You remember the Tabata-HIIT study above? There's a great way to do it. They stated in the study the best way to encourage spot reduction is with high reps and short rest periods. If you pick up a book entitled The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko, I think now you'll understand why it offers such great results. If your training for fat loss, do your exercises for the areas in question first, if your training for muscle gain, don't."

What you do with this is your choice. If you wanna do a quick twisting crunch Tabata before your workout, noone will blame you. It's up to you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast