Posted On:
    2/12/2007 7:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

'Reaction Training' Methods?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bioplyo2.htm

That site contains suggestions on how to train reaction speed. I read it, and it seems to make sense, but some of the methods (playing Nintendo DS, for example) seemed a little BS. What do you think?

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 2:39am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train my reaction at work and at home. It depends on the reaction time you want. At work we play slap hands when it gets real dead, and I tap the butter button(I work in a theater) with one hand and run my other hand under it and back without getting butter on my hand. I start from farther and farther back. I play Parappa the Rapper 2, Time Crisis 3, Dance Dance Revolution Supernova, and Virtua Fighter Evolution 4 at home, which all train reaction time of hands, feet, or fingers. I go as far as far as performing burpees with finger pushups, picking up and dropping my 5 pound protein jug, doing ab wheel rollouts, clap pullups, or power overs in between levels on these games, part of my greasing the groove program, but it also keeps me fast and alert. Think I'm crazy? Try it!

I also take 6 pound boxes of candy at work that I can barely grasp with my small hands and hold them in lat raise positions while walking around the concession stand, clean and press, swing, snatch, and high pull 35 pound bags of popcorn, military press the benches people sit on, and randomly grab smaller co workers I'm good friends with and zercher squat them, or carry them for time. I wish I wasn't kidding. It seems really weird and out there when I write it all down like this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 7:27am

Style: Boxing, MMA/MT/BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard of a few of those excersises, but the dodgeball one is new. Sounds concieveable. Not to mention kinda fun.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 4:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i used to be the dodgeball masta at high school. prolly cos im so damn thin.

you know the best way to develop reactions for fighting? dont tell anyone i told you, its a BIG secret. ok here goes.

1. get a friend
    2. get some sparring gear
    3. get them to hit you
    4. - and this is the tricky bit- try not to get hit

it might sound pretty crazy but trust me, it works! much better than playing fucking video games or DDR. although you do shotokan so this probably never happens at your school so heres one you can do with pads-

while doing padwork get your partner to throw a random punch right after you finish your combination. make sure he is actually aiming at your face. you dodge. this can take a while for you not to just repeatedly get smacked in the face but once you can do it with some modicum of skill not only will you look like a badass but it will help your evasion a lot.

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 5:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, i didn't seriously think dodgeball would be on there.

to play alone, get one of those blue raquetballs, and throw it really hard at stuff and try to catch it. those balls bounce back with good velocity, so it's tricky.

I also recommend you do this anywhere but your own house. The little blue dots on the wall are tough to remove, so do this only at your friends place or other public locations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 7:44am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    ... it works! much better than playing fucking video games or DDR.
    I dunno man...think about it. Japanese people invented DDR...Japanese people invented ninjas...

Ever wondered why ninjas are so quick? Well I think we've found the answer!

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:31pm

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We don't get hit in Judo. There's a flaw in your theorem now Alex! WHATCHAGONNADO? Better take yo vitamins and say yo prayers!

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 2:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how would you know, you dont train anyway. **** off. actually, i believe you about training using parappa the rapper and DDR, that sounds like the retarded **** you would do in place of any actual hard training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 5:33am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait....was that directed at me?

...Why...Why would you say that?

EDIT:Yeah. just read previous posts. Evidently, it's not directed at me. My day just got a whole lot happier now.
    Last edited by srichards; 2/15/2007 5:39am at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/15/2007 6:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    flash is an old hand at retardation, my tirade of pointless abuse was thrown in his direction not yours ;)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast