Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 5:50pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Seriously, if by some miracle of god I ended up with an armbar on someone instead of getting armbarred, and that person tried to BITE me, heel kicks to the face would be my first reaction... Seems like annoying the crap out of the guy who is in a good place to snap your arm like a twig would be very high on my list of things to avoid doing.

Kintanon
    When I was showing my ex GF some basic grappling moves (how to do an RNC, kimura/americana, triangle and kimura from guard, basic sweeps, pummelling for Thai clinch or underhooks, etc.) she would often use her tai-chi anti-grapples on me, such as grabbing the loose skin on the sides of my midsection and twisting it, or poking me or grabbing my ribs and trying to crush them. Invariably my reaction is to go "ow, quit it!" and then pretend to mount punch her, or drop elbows, or take whatever submission I am demonstrating and start REALLY applying it a bit (example; if she tries to pinch me during an RNC I just start tightening the choke more and more to demonstrate how stupid that counter is.)

Doing these annoyance moves and hoping that your opponent is stupid/weak enough to be so distracted by the pain that they will let you escape instead of crushing you like a bug demonstrates an ignorance of groundfighting and aliveness in general so large it is staggering.
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bit a guy in a fight once. It broke his crapple. Then I choked him. EOF.

That being said.... I wouldnt count on biting to save my ass. I did bite him because I was feeling lazy, he was a punk ass pot stealing bitch, and I was going to win not matter what he did.

PS the bite was to his shirtless nipple. Let the jokes begin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 6:09pm

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    He was quoted a price of $649 for a Smith and Wesson Model 629-4 plus tax and an additional charge of $29 for filing off the front sight. And why file off the sight, kids?

So that it hurts less when the grizzly shoves it up your ass.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you. And that's why this guy should consider rounding off the points on that ring a bit, too, because I'm the worst grappler any of you will ever meet and I'm pretty sure I could insert his hand--and that ring--into any part of his body I want.

I am agape at the stupidity of someone who thinks he doesn't have to know how to fight because he has a ring with two small, sharp spikes on it. He might as well be putting his keys between his fingers. At least that would be free, and women wouldn't look at him funny.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 12:24am

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    They don't. One of the main points I've tried to illustrate in my challenges is the person in the dominate position is free to employ the exact same tactic with GREATER effect. They don't want to hear that because it kills their argument or, and sadly, it emboldens it because they think they were onto something all along but fail to see the big picture.
    I guess there is just some sort of indefeatable logic that:

(Shitty MA + Biting) > (Effective MA + Biting)

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 12:57am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    I guess there is just some sort of indefeatable logic that:

(Shitty MA + Biting) > (Effective MA + Biting)
    They see it as (Shitty MA + Dirty Tactics) > (Effective MA that doesn't teach dirty tactics)

For some reason they think they without "Formal" instruction on how to bite someone (did u guys see this guys post on "proper" biting???) pinch someone, gouge someones eyes, grab someones sack etc.... then the fighter with the effective MA will not be able to utilize, or won't think to utilize such tactics, and will fall prey to them by the shitty MA guy. The power of delusion is quite strong.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:07am

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    biting *may* work as a suprise thing

but if you just bit someone and didnt escape while they are suprised, now you have a pissed off person in a position to do you a permant injury
    not smart

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:14pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someday, when my grappling is up to snuff and my ribs are whole again, I'm gonna get in a street fight with some TMAer, and then get back mount and just bite the living hell out of the back of their neck.

I'll be the Sam-Pire, a Sambo-using vampire greatly feared in eastern asia.

Or perhaps take mount on captain bite-armbar here and then instead of going for a submission just gouge his eyes out.

I've had to explain to several people that when I practice boxing or spar, I still mentally look for opportunities to fingerjab someone in the eye or punch/kick to the groin. If I was in a serious fight, not over a spilt drink but for my life or something, why the hell do they think I would magically forget how to claw or bite someone?
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 3:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam-pire...lol. Nice.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345