Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 11:41am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shouldn't this be in YMAS?

I wish I was in Texas, I would love to knock this guy's teeth out lol.

The way that I was taught was not just bite but sink my teeth and then move my head as violent as possible. I'll also hold on my target just like the way I wrap my opponent's arm so my target cannot move very much. From my experience, when I wrap on people's arm, their punches won't have any effect on me. I believe when I get hold of someone's limbs and sink my teeth into it, that limb won't be able to move around much either.

I read that whole thread... crazy stuff there.

If that guy is really serious, since he is looking to write a book and make profit off that endevour, I would say "Come to Florida, put a good amount of money if you so highly believe in your technique"

I know I got about a dozen guys who would be more than willing to let this guy test out his biting. I myself would love to, spiked ring and all.

I will even have an medical team on hand to rush him to the hospital.

I will let a fool bite me all day long (after all, I used to be a helper in a Shutzhund club, having 90lbs German Shepherds bit me through the sleeve happened quite a bit.) while I am choking him out. The bonus is his bite will only last 6 seconds or so...

A guy like that, I would straight up break his arm, knee, face, etc.

See how well he bites when he is controlled in side mount and eating elbows to his face.

He claims to have trained for 3 weeks with a broken ankle, breaking "elbows" off a bad strike and still being just fine etc. At one point he even elludes to biting off someone's penis.

Funny stuff...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 12:04pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Hopkins on emptyFlower
    Everybody has "counters" in theory... The only thing that matters is can they execute in the moment.
    How many fighters actually get bitten while training? Not many- so with that said unless someone actually gets bitten on a regular basis in training, their counter technique is untested, and as we know, unused techniques cannot be effectivly used in combat.
    Just like anything else, if a fighter can act quickliy and effectively- regardles of what "Theory" his opponent posseses he will be beaten.

How mant BJJ guys out there practice with someone ACTUALLY BITING THEM?
    I'm willing to wager that the percentage is low...
    So their counter technique is theory and nothing more.
    It's funny that when a BJJ guy mentions a technique to counter a bite a CMA guy starts talking about how the technique isn't pressure tested [against their non-pressure tested technique, none the less].

I also don't quite understand how you'd stretch your neck to bite the guys freaking ANKLE in an arm bar. As most of us know you usually you get a face full of thigh when put in that position. Yet another thing not quite understood by martial LARPers because they don't actually spar.

Also I like how johnwang believes he's practicing legitamite CMA by biting and carrying a modern "weapon" like the spike ring. The center line theory and fifteen deadly animal techniques of shaolin or whatever the hell you want to call it mustn't be working out for them. I'm sorry you emptyFlower wankers, by definition "traditional chinese martial arts" isn't allowed to change.
    Last edited by HearWa; 2/07/2007 1:37pm at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I killed the "biting" idea but I guess true ignorance never dies. I've let several pple attempt to bite their way out of an armbar and they have all tapped way before I was willing to let go. I will offer the chance to him but being in Texas I doubt he would be willing to travel to have his ideas squashed.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's hard to bite down when you're screaming for mercy.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:23pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've said it before. It is sad that all these TMA wankers trot out the same tired d34dly. If that is all your art has going for it, then too bad for you. Any damn fool can bite, scratch or gouge eyes.

Of course, if you study tcc like me, you could transform into a giant robot.

:4robot:

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What makes him think someone isn't going to nibble on his fingers during the armbar?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope the first person who takes up his challenge heel kicks him in the mouth.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    What makes him think someone isn't going to nibble on his fingers during the armbar?
    They don't. One of the main points I've tried to illustrate in my challenges is the person in the dominate position is free to employ the exact same tactic with GREATER effect. They don't want to hear that because it kills their argument or, and sadly, it emboldens it because they think they were onto something all along but fail to see the big picture.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:50pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are dozens of configurations for the feet and legs in an armbar, including several where the leg closest to the head of the person being armbarred is tucked up under his jaw, stretching out his neck. The feet are used to do this. Thus if he did manage to bite while using this technique, he would most likely only have access to the top of the foot or the shin.

Yummy.

I love how all these guys think that a single event, regardless of the outcome, has any statistical significance beyond being an anecdote. One occurrence proves absolutely nothing. You want to prove your point? How about a study involving a thousand empirically valid cases to even begin to prove the merits of your hypothesis. Obviously that's not possible.

So what's this guy trying to prove?
    Last edited by jnp; 2/07/2007 1:55pm at . Reason: clarify my point about 'empirically valid cases'

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That he can enjoy a decent meal even with a broken arm, maybe?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast