224714 Bullies, 3939 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 11:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Impartial? Not really. I get info on firearms I know nothing about by either reading this forum or furiously googling "______ review".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 11:19pm

Style: not training currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which one do you have, if I may ask, Kein Haar?

One of my uncles has a LLama mini-max, yeah I know, that I was able to shoot quite a bit. Mixed feelings describes the lil' fella perfectly. I've always been skeptical of the 3 inch 1911s, just too much deviation form the original design for my taste, and a double stack more so. It was that fear for lack of reliability that made me choose the Glock 30 for a compact carry .45

To be honest I still carry my full size 1911 as much or more than my Glock. The slim single stack design conceals very easy and I really don't even notice the extra inches.

Oh well, more guns == more happy.

edit: Some of the most knowledgeable gun people I have ever seen hang out at http://www.thehighroad.org/ You will have some noise to signal ratio, as on any forum, but for the most part it was good stuff when I lurked there.
    Last edited by HackingYodel; 2/06/2007 11:37pm at .

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 11:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want one of those too, but I already have a fine Springfield 1911A1 that I paid $425 on the net, went through a dealer here, paid the transfer fee and whatnot. Can't remember how long ago, my guess off the top is between 15 and 18 years ago.

The only thing I would have done differently was taking the great deal I found on the net to a local dealer and seeing if he could undercut it a little for me to buy from him. You know, work the deal, "haggle."
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Impartial? Not really. I get info on firearms I know nothing about by either reading this forum or furiously googling "______ review".
    That's pretty much what I did while looking into a good semi-auto pistal. A little google-fu goes a long way.

Off topic...but isn't Deadpool the ****!

Quote Originally Posted by HackingYodel
    Which one do you have, if I may ask, Kein Haar?

One of my uncles has a LLama mini-max, yeah I know, that I was able to shoot quite a bit. Mixed feelings describes the lil' fella perfectly. I've always been skeptical of the 3 inch 1911s, just too much deviation form the original design for my taste, and a double stack more so. It was that fear for lack of reliability that made me choose the Glock 30 for a compact carry .45

To be honest I still carry my full size 1911 as much or more than my Glock. The slim single stack design conceals very easy and I really don't even notice the extra inches.

Oh well, more guns == more happy.

edit: Some of the most knowledgeable gun people I have ever seen hang out at http://www.thehighroad.org/ You will have some noise to signal ratio, as on any forum, but for the most part it was good stuff when I lurked there.
    Cool, thanks a bunch. I also looked into a few of the 1911's but I didn't like the price nor the magazine capacity, especially if there was another quality gun out there for a better price with a higher capacity. I will probably get one though after I take care of my self defense needs [semi-auto(for conceal carry), revolver (same ammo load as semi-auto), shotgun]. After that, every other weapon I get will pretty much be gravey.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 12:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to get a blunderbuss for home defense. That's my next gun.

I'll get a kit and build my own, again. I could make something of this
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always wanted a .45 revolver but could never get comfortable with the price. Smith, Taurus and the Ruger single action are the only options I know about and the Smiths are expensive.

Oh, I forgot to mention http://gunblast.com/ I like Jeff Quinn's down to earth style and they have some great reviews there (the Thunder Ranch edition of the S&W .45 revolver is reviewed on the front page currently) I try to hit those archives when investigating a new gun.

Jerry Miculek's video has been posted on here before but isn't working for me at the moment. Here is the YouTube link if you haven't seen it before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uisHfKj2JiI The last record, the 6 shot/reload/6 shot, is with a S&W .45 revolver (customized of course) and moon clips. Food for thought.

Mr_Mantis,
    Lol, that shotgun would have to look like the maw of perdition to a person on the bad end of it. Bonus points if you can get it in a matchlock version for the smoldering harbinger of death effect to a home invader.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always wanted a .45 revolver but could never get comfortable with the price. Smith, Taurus and the Ruger single action are the only options I know about and the Smiths are expensive.

Oh, I forgot to mention http://gunblast.com/ I like Jeff Quinn's down to earth style and they have some great reviews there (the Thunder Ranch edition of the S&W .45 revolver is reviewed on the front page currently) I try to hit those archives when investigating a new gun.

Jerry Miculek's video has been posted on here before but isn't working for me at the moment. Here is the YouTube link if you haven't seen it before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uisHfKj2JiI The last record, the 6 shot/reload/6 shot, is with a S&W .45 revolver (customized of course) and moon clips. Food for thought.

Mr_Mantis,
    Lol, that shotgun would have to look like the maw of perdition to a person on the bad end of it. Bonus points if you can get it in a matchlock version for the smoldering harbinger of death effect to a home invader.
    When I did some reasearch on the .45 ACP round I hit up wiki and I found the information about the record. Thanks for the link, I will watch it. The S&W model is one of the ones I was looking at and you are right; the price sucks.

Speaking of shutguns, what's your opinion on this sexy lady here:

http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firea...02&mid=FNM0018

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 2:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man I'm an idiot!!

If you have any interest in guns or knives, at all, go NOW and get the latest catalog from CDNN here: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html (it's a 20.5 MB PDF so dial up be warned)

They have all the coolest toys, from your Springer (pg. 14) to PS-90's to .50 cals, and awesome prices to boot. I just remembered the catalog because it was the first place I ever saw the FN shotgun.

The FN looks good in all the proper places: maker, sights, finish, action, everything. I don't have one because I couldn't find much in the way of reviews and I'm neck deep in Remington 870's and 1100 now. If I were going to buy a new shotgun soon I would look into it more, for sure.
    Last edited by HackingYodel; 2/07/2007 2:26am at .

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 2:09am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Wow, that site has some great deals. Thanks for posting it.
    So nice to finally add something of substance to this site, now that it seems possible that I'll never be able to train BJJ. :sad5:

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 2:43am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man I'm an idiot!!

If you have any interest in guns or knives, at all, go NOW and get the latest catalog from CDNN here: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html (it's a 20.5 MB PDF so dial up be warned)

They have all the coolest toys, from your Springer (pg. 14) to PS-90's to .50 cals, and awesome prices to boot. I just remembered the catalog because it was the first place I ever saw the FN shotgun.

The FN looks good in all the proper places: maker, sights, finish, action, everything. I don't have one because I couldn't find much in the way of reviews and I'm neck deep in Remington 870's and 1100 now. If I were going to buy a new shotgun soon I would look into it more, for sure.
    Heh, now we trade places Yodel.

I didn't mention CDNN earlier because I haven't seen an XD in their last two catalogs (haven't seen the new 2007 catalog, it wasn't out when I last checked a few weeks ago).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast