Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 2:09pm

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, my vote was for Ali or my new judo crush, so try not to berate me for a humorous post.

Second, yes, I think a trainer that yells at you and makes you push yourself to "show him" is a great motivational method. However, psychotics will take it too far and make it a point to hurt the person they're training rather than using belittlement to further their skill.

Third, I said IF I could take it, which i can't so i wouldn't want them as trainers. But IF I could then hell yes I would put up with a psycho if I thought they were the best to train me. Raining isn't just about skill, it's about methodology and meshing personalities. It's why the best fighters aren't the best teachers, and I would imagine it's why no-one has said Fedor yet.

Edit: Training, that is, raining is more about the evaporation cycle and water molecules converging on condensation nucleii - and skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 2:28pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    Dude, I think you would completely fucking break if you trained with those dudes.

cute post though.
    you know, for a guy who on a different thread said he wished he could train 4+ hours a day, you sure act like getting broken down is a bad thing. seems kinda disingenious to me. Actually, it proves to me you have never trained hard in your life. Being broken down is probably the fastest way to improvement there is. Having someone yelling, cursing, telling you how fucking worthless you are right now, and getting pissed and trying to prove them wrong and busting your ass twice as hard as you would have other wise is a great way to train sometimes.

Have you ever been treated like **** by a psychotic who constantly hit you and belittled you?
    Guess what, people pay good money to be treated like that. Its called Militech Fighting Systems.

yeah, i have. For two and 1/2 hours a day wrestling practice, then i got a half hour break while I was driving and then got another two hours of it during TKD (and yes, TKD is hard after wrestling, especially when it was decided that I was round robin sparring all the national level competitors we used to have). The whole time it was nothing but insults from either coach. It was hard, sometimes I cracked, but I was a better martial artist as a result of that training and i wouldn't change it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 2:30pm

Style: Hammer Fisting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Queer.
    I'm guessing the other one thousand posts of yours are equally as intelligent.
    Last edited by BENXPX; 11/11/2008 2:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 3:27pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since we're talking hypotheticals here, then if I could hypothetically train with Kimura, I would hypothetically be in better shape to stand up to the abuse. It would be awesome to be pushed to your breaking point and beyond by a (sadist) coach like Kimura or Oyama. Anything you do after that would be a cakewalk.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213