Thread: Hi

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've just gotten so sick of the BS of traditional martial arts, as well as this hollier then thou image hollywood has given it. I do TKD, but am very sick of it. In the next couple of weeks I'm going to start boxing and getting private lessons in BJJ (along with another guy or two so we have someone to spar with). I'm really lucky I've found this guy. He feels the most important thing is to apply the techniques you've learned by sparring. If I hadn't found him I would still be practicng eye gouging against an opponent with the ferocity rivaling that of a comatos. Anyway, just wanted to say that little bit about me. I'll be around for a while.

GhostOfKimura
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, Koonzar. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Style
    Korean Krotty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Just curious, are you getting private BJJ lessons from an instructor or from a friend who takes BJJ?

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Just curious, are you getting private BJJ lessons from an instructor or from a friend who takes BJJ?
    Well he does neither at the moment. He's a former cage fighter with a primary focus on BJJ (and before that he did kickboxing and before that he did boxing), and after he quit that he taught BJJ for a long time. But he sort of went into retirment. But he's become a sort of a friend of mine, and everyone I've talked to that is in Martial arts says he's really top knotch.