Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 12:57pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft
    Actually "street fighters" typical utter lack of technique, and most importantly, strategy, tends to put them on the losing side of things.

Well, I am talking about street fighters turned champions. Not street fighters turned average boxers.. I think that street fighters by nature don't give a damn how the fight goes. On the ground, standing, or what have you. Street fights come in a variety begining and endings. If, you have been fortunate enough to prevail in such fights I think you will prevail in the ring with proper training.

Mike Tyson might be a washed up ring fighter but catch that mafuccca on the street. You might end up like Holyfield or worse... Ask Mitch Greens Eye.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    IS Kimbo gonna be in your next post? God I hope not.
    I seen him get owned by some big ass White Boy. So, I wouldn't use him at all. In my opinion if, he was that good we would have seen him in a boxing ring. Can he take a punch and fight till he's got no more? Sure but he needs to add some skill to these qualities.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:04pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just checking. That whiteboy was Sean Gannon I do believe, an (ex?)MMA fighter.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's an interresting article here where IBF bantam weight champ and Canadian Steve Molitor talks about MMA and how he would like to have 1 fight in the UFC.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Boxing/200...02584-sun.html

I have heard that Molitor has a high school wrestling background and knows people in the Canadian MMA scene

So I think we will see someone like this competing in the UFC one day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent! I would also like to see striking from other arts incorporated as well.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:18pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hasn't Jeremy Williams already had an MMA fight. He was once a serious heavy-weight contender, but ended being a journeyman. Either way he had sick KO power with boxing gloves. I'd hate to see what he is capable of in MMA gloves. Also I think he was training in BJJ long before the explosion we've seen in the last few years. I think he's a brown belt, but don't quote me on that.

ED- got my Jeremys confused...I think
    Last edited by debul937; 2/05/2007 5:27pm at .

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    Just checking. That whiteboy was Sean Gannon I do believe, an (ex?)MMA fighter.
    Well props to him. He gave Kimbo all he could handle. But I think was Sean's heart and fighting spirit more so then his MMA background.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataboxa
    Well props to him. He gave Kimbo all he could handle. But I think was Sean's heart and fighting spirit more so then his MMA background.
    Why so?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:31pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bwT75-_qwyI

Art Jimmerson Vs Royce Gracie in UFC 1.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qSiE9Ed8jW4

Fight aforemention taken from the Boxing Vs K-1 event.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e2SqIkt0E7o

Genki Sudo Vs Butterbean

Some boxers have done well in K-1, but even they had to adapt and thats just to Kickboxing.

It's all about the rules. Fighters who train for a specific ruleset will of course fight best in thier ruleset. If you put Tyson in a TKD match chances are he's gonna lose, (or get DQ'd) Like wise if you put a A heavyweight TKD champ in the ring with Tyson the TKDer will lose. MMA fighters have found the best way to fight within the ruleset.

Heh.. butterbean has a guard. Would been sweet if he triangled him... heheh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Why so?
    He took a beating. Kimbo had knocked out many a guy with the same technique but this guy Sean wasn't having it. His face looked the Elephant Man's but he fought till Kimbo couldn't get up and he had huge hand in this of course. 99.9% percent of fighters would have given up long before.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast