Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:17am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who would adapt best?

I watch UFC, and Pride on occassion. I am not very familiar with the names of fighters. I just watch at times because, I like to see good fight . However, one thing I have noticed is, I don't see guys that are good with their hands to often. So, my question is. What fighters from either of these Organizations could step into a boxing ring and become a champion?

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:22am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    None of them. Elite, championship-level boxers are on a completely different level than anyone in MMA.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:41am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In their field.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you explain in a little more detail?

UFC and Pride fighters look to be in great shape, have great heart and are willing to get bloody. How are championship boxers on another level?
    Last edited by Wataboxa; 2/05/2007 11:47am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blue I agree with that statment. So, why are MMA fighters and the style itself being touted as the Ultimate ****?

Before the B.S. pops off. I know that right minded, trained martial artists aren't on this bandwagon.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because an Elite level boxer 9or any other single particuler martial art) with no other training besides boxing would get raped by a mediocre experienced well rounded MMA fighter.

Also because of the variables in MMA an elite striker would have to change their stance and approach significantly to compete.

Smaller gloves, take downs, knees elbows and submissions change everything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuck Chorris
    I think it is easier to add tools than it is to take them away. Some fighters may be more dominant in a given area, but once reliant on a particular arsenal, I think it is hard to cut them out. There has been a few kickboxers (thinking Kathy Long but I am sure there have been others) that have gone the boxing route and done well, but not as dominant in their original sport. Flipside of that, Dennis Alexio was a average boxer turned kickboxing champion...and Van Damme film co-star in a wheelchair!
    Interesting! Something to think about.

If, you are dominant in one area wouldn't that make a fighter more affective then the fighter who is average in several areas?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataboxa
    Blue I agree with that statment. So, why are MMA fighters and the style itself being touted as the Ultimate ****?

Before the B.S. pops off. I know that right minded, trained martial artists aren't on this bandwagon.
    Me no get it.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I think it's easier for an elite grappler to get moderate striking skils that support his (or her) grappling than it is for an elite striker to develop grappling skills that support their striking.

However when an Elite striker develops thos grappling skills, watch the **** out. because now you got a Crop Cop on your hands.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor.

I saw something a while back where klitschko's russian boxing trainer (olympic team trainer) said that Fedor was a top 5 boxer if he went out for it . Gonna try to dig that quote up.

edit - can't find. Consider this a fabrication of my fevered nightmares until someone digs it up.
    Last edited by PirateJon; 2/05/2007 12:16pm at .
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast