Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who do i train with?

I've run into a dilemma. I wish to start training in BJJ in my area, and there are 2 schools. Gene Simco teaches one school and a begrudging ex-student of his runs the other. I think the alternate school is run by a purple belt and Gene Simco from what I hear has questionable skills. I was thinking of tryng both instructors out, but to a novice like myself there may not seem to be a difference. Anyone with some suggestions would be great help.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I hate to tell ya but you posted this in the wrong forum. The Bullshido forum is for discussions on questionable martial arts and busting frauds.

This should probably go in Newbie Town.

Unless someone on here knows one of these instructors it will probably be up to you to check out both schools and pick one. Like you said, if you are new and can not tell the difference it come down to which school more meets your martial arts goals.

Does either school have a website?
    Last edited by Olorin; 2/04/2007 3:04am at .

Style
    Lethargy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try both but based on what info you gave why the hell would you train with the student when the instructor is available?

Style
    BJJ, Ju-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your just begining, start training and then question his skills.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Style
    Whoo-Hoo-Fu!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Askari quit confusing this young grasshopper with logic and ****.

Kaiser, you should actually look for a Wing Chun club or maybe Fang Shen Do has a local chapter you can get hooked up with. BJJ is for faggots anyways and you wouldn't want to have anyone question your sexuality more so than they already are.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Style
    Uechi Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSoze
    I've run into a dilemma. I wish to start training in BJJ in my area, and there are 2 schools. Gene Simco teaches one school and a begrudging ex-student of his runs the other. I think the alternate school is run by a purple belt and Gene Simco from what I hear has questionable skills. I was thinking of tryng both instructors out, but to a novice like myself there may not seem to be a difference. Anyone with some suggestions would be great help.
    One would think this is a no brainer, pick the instructor that taught the other. Oh yes Welcome to Bullshido.