224859 Bullies, 3530 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 5 of 5
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Pandinha is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,751

    Posted On:
    2/04/2007 12:53am

    supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Question: Taking Privates, how much...

    How much do you think they raise your game over just taking group classes?

    10%
    20%
    50%

    I'm talking how much faster do you learn and improve over someone who just does Group classes.

    For instance, I take 4 Private classes a week.

    In the last 2 months, I've seen my game jump up drastically. I'm thinking I learn 1/3 faster than the normal guy who does only group classes.

    Your thoughts please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
  2. Red Elvis is offline
    Red Elvis's Avatar

    Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Soviet State Of Kalifornia
    Posts
    2,201

    Posted On:
    2/04/2007 1:08am

    supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Privates are great if you have the money and the instructor is worth his salt. Kind of a rhetorical question though, no?

    Who is it btw?

    On a side note... you ever met Haley Wilde? She very nice!
    .
    :icon_twis
    .

    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness
  3. Pandinha is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,751

    Posted On:
    2/04/2007 1:22am

    supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    Privates are great if you have the money and the instructor is worth his salt. Kind of a rhetorical question though, no?

    Who is it btw?

    On a side note... you ever met Haley Wilde? She very nice!
    I agree with you Mon Emperor, but how much do you think doing privates help?

    I'm asking this as I saw an ad on a website for BJJ that says 10 to 15 times faster taking privates.

    My Instrucor is Emyr "Shark" Bussade http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...FighterID=6134

    Never met Haley Wilde, don't do the Video side very much, mostly Internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
  4. Red Elvis is offline
    Red Elvis's Avatar

    Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Soviet State Of Kalifornia
    Posts
    2,201

    Posted On:
    2/04/2007 1:39am

    supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't go as far to say 10 to 15 times. I'd say more like 1.5 times if he's really good and can tailor the training for you. Some guys show **** in privates that is no better than you get in class as it doesn't work for your body type or game. You also don't have the benefit of guys to try your **** on right there that are at or about your level.

    However if he's responsive to your needs and helping you plug holes in your game that can be grossly beneficial. I think the answer is a case by case type of situation. I've done one on one's that where geared for me and I've had some that stroke their own ego more than anything else.

    Price... ****, that's a tough one too. Anything over $40 IMHO is fucking whack. My favorite is the guy who will charge a flat fee that you can split with one or two more guys. The training is still good, the price is better and you have somebody more at your level to work live with. That's been my experience.

    Too bad on Haley... just saw her yesterday and I like wery much. She's on the same deal with Raven I think?
    .
    :icon_twis
    .

    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness
  5. Pandinha is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,751

    Posted On:
    2/04/2007 1:57am

    supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    I wouldn't go as far to say 10 to 15 times. I'd say more like 1.5 times if he's really good and can tailor the training for you. Some guys show **** in privates that is no better than you get in class as it doesn't work for your body type or game. You also don't have the benefit of guys to try your **** on right there that are at or about your level.

    However if he's responsive to your needs and helping you plug holes in your game that can be grossly beneficial. I think the answer is a case by case type of situation. I've done one on one's that where geared for me and I've had some that stroke their own ego more than anything else.

    Price... ****, that's a tough one too. Anything over $40 IMHO is fucking whack. My favorite is the guy who will charge a flat fee that you can split with one or two more guys. The training is still good, the price is better and you have somebody more at your level to work live with. That's been my experience.

    Too bad on Haley... just saw her yesterday and I like wery much. She's on the same deal with Raven I think?
    Shark has tailored my training for my first fight in May. We got some footage of him. I've learned more in 2 months from him, than some schools I went too for longer.

    As for Haley, dont' know much about her, the guys who run her program I've never heard off. They also use a competitor CC Biller. So, no joy. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.