Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 10:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like I'm relocating to Pittsburgh, PA and I'm hoping that someone might have some info on any and all jits places in Pittsburgh to train.

The only address that I've been able to come up with is Steel City Martial Arts, which looks pretty good except it's 45 minutes from where I'm staying under the best of traffic conditions. I found that there was a Balance Studios satellite school, but thus far haven't been able to find any information on their classes or location (though I did send in a request for more information via web form).

Does anyone know of other places to train, and if possible their locations?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 9:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD, Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi guys. I've been trying to ginto BJJ for quite a while, but I live in Wales, and I cant seem to find any classes out here other than in the south. I'd prefer not to go down there. So, does anybody know of any BJJ classes in North/Mid Wales, or even part of England (Birmingham, Manchester, etc, are a bit of a drive)?

Em

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 8:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eddie Kone, BJJ Brown Belt under Royler Gracie and David Adiv, teaching in London. Eddie has played host to Royler Grace, Royce Gracie (a number of times) and More. Teaches technique before strength.

www.rgda-uk.com

I have friends (includes BJJ Blue) training under him to supplement their Trad JJ.

Outside London, www.parklodgejjk.co.uk. This is a Traditional JJ group led by Sensei Chris Harvey who also teaches Judo and Groundfighting. Excellent (but small).

Edit: Got Mr Kone's URL address wrong (sorry).
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 8/28/2007 9:30am at .

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 9:44am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress Akasha
    Hi guys. I've been trying to ginto BJJ for quite a while, but I live in Wales, and I cant seem to find any classes out here other than in the south. I'd prefer not to go down there. So, does anybody know of any BJJ classes in North/Mid Wales, or even part of England (Birmingham, Manchester, etc, are a bit of a drive)?

Em
    Birmingham has Gracie Barra, at Stevie B's Gym in Acocks Green (few mins on the train from Moor St). Couple of people on here that train there, like spirez - I'm hoping to try and get my gf interested in the class (unlike me, she's in Brum the whole time rather than just part of the week), so would be cool if there were more women there.

Wales also has Gracie Barra, in Swansea. My geography is terrible, so I've no idea how easy that is for you to get to. I don't think there is much other BJJ in Wales, so presumably that's the one you meant by "other than in the south"?

Bristol might be another option - Pedro Bessa has a class there in Bedminster, and I think there may be a couple of others.

London, unsurprisingly, has loads, but then I assume Brum is easier for you to get to? Although I've only ever been to Aberystwyth, so not exactly an expert on Brum to Wales travel. :icon_wink

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 6:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slideyfoot
    Birmingham has Gracie Barra, at Stevie B's Gym in Acocks Green (few mins on the train from Moor St). Couple of people on here that train there, like spirez - I'm hoping to try and get my gf interested in the class (unlike me, she's in Brum the whole time rather than just part of the week), so would be cool if there were more women there.

Wales also has Gracie Barra, in Swansea. My geography is terrible, so I've no idea how easy that is for you to get to. I don't think there is much other BJJ in Wales, so presumably that's the one you meant by "other than in the south"?

Bristol might be another option - Pedro Bessa has a class there in Bedminster, and I think there may be a couple of others.

London, unsurprisingly, has loads, but then I assume Brum is easier for you to get to? Although I've only ever been to Aberystwyth, so not exactly an expert on Brum to Wales travel. :icon_wink
    Thanks for that. I might have to look at Stevie B's, although how often I'd be able to get there is questionable.

Em

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 12:55pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread kind of freaked me out ;p.
    I have been looking for a local gym to work on grappling and the thread said DSL! Read ME!.
    Heh, anyone know of local ones for Albany, OR? I have a couple of contacts I'm trying to connect with locally that have offered to go that route, but I haven't had connected yet.
    I know TQ is up by Portland, but I'm thinking a little more local.
    At this point my ground game consists of going, oh ****, there's the ground ;p. So BJJ would be great, Greco-Roman, anything that would help me not end up as a heavy bag on the floor ;p.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 4:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anybody know anything about the Liverpool BJJ club 'Panther Combat Club' under Bernie Gavan? He doesn't have a webssite, but he has got this page http://sfuk.tripod.com/clubs/panther_cc.html

Em

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 10:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    trained and competed against him...draculino's black belts are very skilled!thought carlos got robbed at this years pan-ams!!!

Posted On:
    10/13/2007 1:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: vovinam, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HOUSTON, TX
    dunno if any1 did this yet but i didnt c it
    anyways the school i train at is lxbjj.com run by leonardo xavier a 2nd degree blackbelt and world champion under rolker gracie, who studied and taught at the gracie academy in brazil (i mean leo, not rolker)
    the school my friend goes to, is elite-martialarts.com run by eric williams another world champion blackbelt under pedro alberto, who i believe studied under jacare cavalcanti. and his assistant instructor another black belt under pedro alberto, hai nguyen. they also offer alot of other stuff as well, such as kickboxing and JKD and sum boxing and MMA.
    the only other school i rlly know of is bam-bam martial arts in downtown at st thomas university but i dont have any info on that place, and theres a few other bjj schools in houston as well, but i dont rlly have info on them

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 2:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi all:

I'm looking for a BJJ school in the DC/Maryland area. I'm also interested in starting to train standup, but good BJJ is my priority. I recently moved out here from Colorado and could use a little help. I've checked online and the Yamasaki Academy looked the most promising to me, but if anyone has any information about the schools around here I'd really appreciate it. I'm also aware of the Lloyd Irvin affiliate schools, but his ads and websites seem pretty shady to me. If anyone has had good experience with them though, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks much
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast