Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 1819 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/21/2009 8:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, CSW, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roger Gracie Academy Aylesbury, located at The Mcleod Academy in Ayelsbury & High Wycombe Amateur Boxing Club, UK.

Classes taken by Kevin Capel, BJJ Purple Belt & Judo Black Belt

www.rgaa.co.uk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 6:20am

Style: shotokai/bjj/MT/ex-BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Babalu is a but of a legend, if you get the chance to train with him, I'd take it, which if it's an affiliate school, you'll get to.

As for Gracie Barra, I train at a Graccie Barra affiliated gym in the uk. It's a little more expensive than a lot of local schools but it's the best decision i made training-wise.

As for the GI-just buy the patches and no-one will care, Gracie barra change the Gi design every season anyway, so it's no big deal. Though i will vouch for the quality of the gracie barra gi's as being stupidly high.

All in all, i'd go for the training, hell if i lived in the US i'd check it out myself

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2009 1:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey can anyone tell me a good jujitsu school in the Raleigh NC area?
    Last edited by Mr. Pimptastic; 3/05/2009 1:17am at . Reason: fixing grammar

Posted On:
    3/10/2009 10:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Defkon 1 mma 678-840-5995
    gracie Barra Villa Rica
    2 world champ. instructors

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=9911192

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 5:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ROBERTO KAELIN BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU & MMA - Keller, Texas

Roberto Kaelin is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt under Carlos Machado. Also holds black belts in Judo & Karate.

Offers BJJ, MMA, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Judo, and Women's Only Program.

One week free!

Roberto Kaelin Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & MMA
    1540 Keller Parkway, Suite 100
    Keller, TX 76248
    (817) 431-5432
    www.KELLERMMA.com

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 12:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj and muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you also have mata leao mma academy in long island cedarhurst new york which is tought under emerson souza who is a gracie barra black belt under carlson gracie they also have a solid muay thai program.

Posted On:
    6/01/2009 1:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

gator grappling fight team

:icon_idea Hello I would first like to apologize for my writing. I have a learning disability called dyslexia. I run a fight team in Gainesville, FL called gator grappling. If you ever happen to roll through my town, you are more than welcome to roll with us for free. I teach at the UF and run the mma program and 2 other gyms where I have 24hr access. I primarily train no gi submission grappling, but am well rounded. Please call 352 872 2007. My background is 7 years judo, 8 years free style wrestling, 2 years boxing and 5 years submission grappling. I'm old, but I train every day. Some say I'm to rough for mma. Some say I'm crazy. I say they just can't keep up with this old man and they label me to justify their inadequacies. My fight team is smart and effective. I would like to give anyone tough enough a chance to test me and my team. I know you will learn from us.

[Edited for readability by moderator]
    Last edited by jnp; 6/01/2009 2:27pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 9:52am

Style: Sub Westling, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The new Gods of War MMA gym opens in reading Berkshire over the august bank holiday weekend.

We are excited to announce we’re opening the doors to our new MMA Gym in Reading over August Bank Holiday. The gym has been designed specifically with MMA in mind and includes a 15ft Pro Kumite training cage. This dedicated martial arts gym will give our students and fight teams an excellent opportunity to attend a range of classes throughout the day.

Gods of War MMA Reading Berkshire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 10:47pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone know if these guys are legit or not? http://www.rgda-ephrata.com/index.html
    Anyone know of any legit schools in or near lancaster, Pa?

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    8/29/2009 12:22am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sacramento Metro Area

Cassio Werneck Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    3732 Auburn Blvd
    Sacramento, CA 95821
    (916) 482-2505
    http://www.cassiowerneck.com

World class black belt competitor, instructor and member of the elite Brazilian Top Team. He is the only actively competing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt in the Sacramento area. Cássio is a passionate instructor and competitor that enjoys teaching authentic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to his students. He teaches six days a week including both adult and child classes. Cássio’s goal is to continue to impart his extensive knowledge and experience of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to his students while continuing to learn and improve his game.

Cássio became a World Champion in 2003 and continues to compete in regional, national, and global Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.

Urijah Faber’s Ultimate Fitness
    1701 I Street
    Sacramento, CA 95814
    (916) 444-3357
    http://www.ultimatefitness.pro

BJJ instruction under Fabio “Pateta” Prado, a Relson Gracie black belt.

Cia Paulista Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA
    530 12th Street
    Sacramento, CA 95814
    (916) 443-5319
    http://www.ciapaulista.us

Instructor: Andre Glodzinski
    Some of André’s Accomplishments
    André has won competitions in Brazil and here in the U.S.
    He continues to compete and lead Team André to victory.
    Brazilian Tournament Victories
    4 Time State Champion
    College champion 2002
    Winner of the 2002 Revelation Trophy
    Champion of the International BJJ by Chevrolet
    2nd Place, World No Gi Tournament

US Tournament Victories
    2nd Place American Nationals
    3rd Place American Nationals (Open Division)
    1st Place State Team Tournament
    2nd Place South Bay Open 2007
    2nd Place California Classic International 2007
    1st Place US Open 2007
    2nd Place World Tournament 2008
    2nd Place US National 2008
    “I know André and he is a very good instructor. He also goes out of his way to make sure you are doing the techniques correctly.” MUAY THAI DO OR DIE
    As a young boy with extraordinary energy, André Glodzinski studied kyokushin and judo. At the age of 11 he qualified to fight for first place in the national judo tournament in his hometown of Sao Paulo, Brazil. He soon decided to try jiu-jitsu, Brazil’s elite sport.
    André’s father enrolled him in one of the largest and most respected training centers, Cia Paulista. It was there that he met his mentors Waldomiro Perez Júnior, Eduardo de Sá Leitão, Milton César Maximiano Trombini, black belts under the famous BJJ Sensei Marcelo Behring. André studied here for 11 years.
    A twist of fate brings renewed focus
    After only one year of BJJ training and winning his first tournament, André suffered severe injury to his leg in a motorcycle crash. André underwent more than 50 surgeries and spent 2 years in a wheelchair and crutches. Through it all his commitment to jiu-jitsu kept him going. He visited the gym daily and kept his upper body in shape. Despite being told by his doctor he would never play sports again, André refused to give up. He trained with more vigor than ever.
    A competitive champion earns his stripes
    André trained every day at Cia Paulista. Over the next 8 years he earned many tournament championships against top competitors. In 2005 sensei Milton Maxmiano honored him with his black belt.
    André comes to America
    Then André’s friend Rigan Machado introduced him to UFC champion B.J. Penn. B.J. invited André to join him and teach at his gym in Hilo, Hawaii. André spent four months in Hawaii then decided it was time to find his own success.
    Once again his friend Rigan Machado provided the answer. André spent a year at Machado’s gym in Redondo Beach, California, teaching and competing in tournaments.
    In 2006 he met WEC champion Uriah Faber who was opening a new gym in Sacramento. André spend two years building and expanding the jiu-jitsu division of Faber’s gym. In the process he formed attachments with his students, many of whom were novices to the sport.
    Building Cia Paulista Sacramento
    André loved his students and the idea of building a team from the ground up. In April, 2008 he was contemplating a return to Brazil. But he did not want to disappoint his loyal team.
    The following month André and his partners opened Cia Paulista BJJ Sacramento.
    The future of Cia Paulista
    André is excited to have his own gym where he can teach everything he knows. He wishes to continue the proud legacy of Cia Paulista by training future black belts and world champions in this great sport.
    There are now several blue belts in the academy and he has given his first purple belt. André leads and supports his team in many California tournaments. His vision for the future is to expand his gym and have many more black belts who can represent Cia Paulista. He also works hard to reach out to other Cia Paulista gyms so that they can support each other as “family.”

Bruddas Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    9223 Folsom Boulevard
    Sacramento, CA 95826
    (916) 369-2384
    http://www.bruddas.com/

Official Representative:
    Instructor - Mario Cerezo - Black Belt

Mario Cerezo is a certified black belt under Charles Gracie. Mario's Academy (Bruddas Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) is located at 9223 Folsom Boulevard, Sacramento, California 95826. Mario has been practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for over 10 years. He is known for his technical, methodical game and teaching style. Mario has competed at every level in his journey to receiving his black belt and continues the tradition with his competitive team. Mario is also available for seminars and private lessons. For more information you can call Mario directly at (916) 369-2384.

Groundworks Jiu-Jitsu House
    5285 Auburn Blvd, Unit 4
    Sacramento, CA 95841
    (916) 332-6768
    http://www.groundworksjiujitsu.com

Groundworks Jiu Jitsu House is Sacramento's only connection to Rickson Gracie Jiu Jitsu.
    We are proud Representatives of "The Rickson Gracie International Jiu Jitsu Association" and set our
    standards and programs by the one's Rickson and Kron have placed themselves. All Instructors and Students are belt tested by the above association to insure that we all receive the best Jiu Jitsu possible

American Martial Arts Center
    9220 Greenback Ln,
    Orangevale, CA 95662
    (916) 642-3638
    http://www.amackarate.com/

Wade Vierra
    Cesar Gracie Brown Belt

City MMA
    316 Natoma St
    Folsom, CA 95630
    916-817-1988
    http://www.citymma.com

Elizandro (Elly) Beda
    Credentials:
    I started my Jiu-Jitsu training in 1991, with Professor Marcelo Behring. I graduated Blue Belt in 1995 with Professor Marcio Guimaraes. I graduated Faixa Roxa in 1997 with Professor Mario Cesar Marins. I graduated Range Brown in 2005 with Master Leonardo Vieira - VB Team. I graduated Black Belt in 2007 with Master Leonardo Vieira - VB Team.
    My Experience as an athlete:
    Federal FESP Federation Paulista of Jiu-Jitsu. Confederate CBJJE the Confederation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Sports. Also a confederate of CBJJ Confederation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Absolute weight champion Brown Cup Brazil Jiu-Jitsu, 2005 Brown Middle weight Champion Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Vice Paulista Jiu-Jitsu Champion in 2006. Placed 3rd in 1st Black Belt Middle Stage of the Open Circuit Paulista Jiu-Jitsu 2008.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy of Sacramento
    7909 Fair Oaks Blvd
    Carmichael, CA
    (916) 944-7835

http://www.sacbjjacademy.com

David Terry is a Black Belt under Rickson Gracie. David has over 20 years of Martial Arts experience, including an extesive knowledge of the original Gracie Self Defense Program. He has trained and competed in Judo and holds a Brown Belt in that art. He also holds a Black Belt in Aiki Jiu-Jitsu. He has also competed in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu since he was a Blue Belt. David has been training in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu since 1990 and has studied under Rickson Gracie for the past 9 years.
    David continues to train with Rickson Gracie and his family. He has also trained at the original Gracie Academy in Rio de Janeiro Brasil, with Rolker and Royler Gracie. The program at David's school is Jiu-Jitsu as taught by the Gracie family, "One must realize that all Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu originates from the Gracie family and not all Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the same." So,choose an academy that is sanctioned by the Gracie family. The tradition and technical aspects of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu must be preserved.
    David is available at his school 6 days a week to help guide you through the experience that is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Also, taught at the school is a comprehensive Women's Self-Defense and an extensive Law Enforcement program. The academy is in Carmichael, California, located within the Sacramento Metropolitan Area.

Sacramento Judo Club
    2875 Fruitridge Road
    Sacramento, CA
    (916) 452-JUDO (452-5836)
    http://www.cwo.com/~judo/sjc/

This is the oldest Judo Organization in Northern California. Since 1935 the Sacramento Judo Club has been developing youth and adults through the sport of Judo. The Club follows the teachings of Jigoro Kano, the founder of Kodokan Judo. It is a non profit (501c3) charitable organization. All instructors and other members volunteer their time for the mutual benefit of the community.
    The Club is a member of the Hokka Yudanshakai (the Northern California Judo Association) and is affiliated with the United States Judo Federation (USJF), California Judo Inc.(CJI), and United States Judo Inc. (USJI), and the Kodokan.
    Currently the Club has 24 Blackbelt members, and an active Club membership of over 100 members.

Success in Competiton
    Most of the past 10 years the Club has ranked amongst the top ten judo organizations in the United States , based upon success of it's competitors in national competitions. The Club has a rich history with many National Champions to it's credit.

The Sacramento Judo Club is host each year to the Capital Open Judo Tournament.

Hosted State and National Judo Championships
    1997 California State Judo Championships
    2002 California State Judo Championships
    2002 USJF Junior, Youth, Team, and Kata National Judo Championships

Training
    The training program that the Club employs emphasizes safe, but disciplined training environment for beginners and experienced judo players alike. Traditional judo is emphasized, along with the most current competitive techniques successful in National and World competition.

In 1996 the Club's Head Instructor, Matsuo "Mac" Takeda (Shichidan), was selected the National Judo Coach of the Year by the United States Judo Federation.
    In 2005 Senesi, Matsuo "Mac" Takeda was selected the California State Development Coach of the Year by the California Judo, Inc.

Instructors
    Head Instructor:
    Matsuo" Mac" Takeda , Shichidan (7th Degree Black Belt, Kodokan)
    Senior Instructors:
    Gus Piperakis Godan (5th Degree Black Belt)
    Victor Anderson, Yondan (4th Degree Black Belt)
    Ralph Palmer, Yodan (4th Degree Black Belt)
    Harvey Takeda, Yondan (4th Degree Black Belt)
    Assistant Instructors:
    Andreas Baumler, Sandan (3rd Degree Black Belt)
    Chris Walker, Sandan (3rd Degree Black Belt)
    Kenji Furukawa, Shodan (1st Degree Black Belt)
    Don Lowe, Shodan (1st Degree Black Belt)
    Carl Beckham, Shodan (1st Degree Black Belt)

Elite Instinct MMA
    622 Cantrill Drive, Suite A
    Davis, CA 95616
    (530) 220-3624
    http://www.eliteinstinct.com/

Mauro Ayres is a certified black belt under
    Francisco "Toco" Albuquerque, a 3rd degree black belt from Carlson Gracie.
    Flavio Meier is a certified brown belt under
    Rodrigo Medeiros, a world champion black belt from Carlson Gracie.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls