Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Linxx academy in Virginia Beach, VA

Has anyone heard of/trained at Linxx?

Website

http://www.linxxacademy.com/index.html

I have a few co-workers off of my ship that train there and they like it, but it is also their first time taking any sort of MA. I am currently taking TKD and am thinking about taking some grappling in a short while.

Thoughts and opinions please

(and yes, I did do a search for the academy and didn't find anything)

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/11/2008 1:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of our recently (I dunno, sometime in the last six months probably?) promoted purple belts got his blue there and came in with a really good game. Based on him and what he said about the school, I'd train there. Sounds like they're more on the formal side of bjj schools but they also have some regular judo instruction.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 8:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey,

I've been looking around for good BJJ gyms in Sydney and have found a few, but I don't know a great deal about the art so could I get an opinion on which of the following would give the best training/has the best credibility? (If you have any other recommendations for BJJ in Sydney then I'm open to suggestions).

The first place is Southern Cross Jiu-Jitsu Academy, instructed by Rodney Ellis.
    Their link is http://www.scjja.com/Default.aspx.

The second place is Gracie Sydney Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, instructed by Bruno Panno as well as another instructor who I do not know the name of.
    Their link is http://www.gracieseminars.com/GracieSydney/Welcome.htm.

The third place is Roots Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, instructed by Robert Naumoski.
    Their link is http://www.brazilianjiujitsu.com.au/Dojos/bexley.htm.

The fourth place is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Hurstville, I'm not sure who the current instructor is, though I know they do Machado.
    I also cannot find a working link to their site.

Thanks,

Jake

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 7:10am

Style: Muay Thai. Ansatsuken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do Muay Thai, am on the brink of launching a pro full time career, and my gym has agreed to promote me. But, I wanne be more! I wanne eventually make it to fight in American MMA tournaments. I feel my Muay Thai will stand up as long as I am standing, but aside driving an elbow into the head, I dont really know what to do if I get knocked down... My solution: BJJ!

First up, I want a full time gym only. I dont do part time, no patience, see. This means a min of 5 hours a day, 6 days a week MINIMUN.

The area I wanne train in is SE Asia. I doubt it! But you never know. Bangkok is my home. But Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, India, China, Korea and Japan, they are all good for me. I think it is pointless to ask, but anyone know a gym?

Failing that, if I have to shift continents I will. But no North America. Europe of Brazil gyms only. No Australia either. Anyone know any European or South American full time gyms for BJJ?

Thanx if you can help.
    Last edited by Tenchu; 4/18/2008 7:13am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 12:49pm

Style: Aikido/Judo/BJJ/Naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might be starting a job in Westchester County New York this summer. If this happens then there would be no way for me to feasibly make it to my current dojo in North Jersey. I've found two places in Westchester that look good.

http://www.westchesterjudo.com/index.php

and

http://www.gbwbjj.com/index.php

Westchester is an incredibly expensive area to live so I know they probably will not be cheap but does anyone have any info (rates, training intensity, atmosphere) on these places?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 11:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If that's Frank Cucci's school--then, yeah...I've been down to it. It's kinda in a strip-mall thing from what I remember. I only went down for BJJ seminars when Frank had Professor Sauer down there...I didn't actually train there, so I couldn't give you a good idea of what the school/training setup is like. His BJJ guys were pretty damn good from what I remember, but it's been a few years.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 3:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Afternoon BJJ Mississauga

*Should this be in DHS I dunno know Gitmo if its not, I am never sure here*

Starting next week Kombat Arts (www.kombatarts.com) will be having BJJ classes - Gi - at noon on Tuesday and Thursday's

I am very excited because that works well with my schedule and I can finally get some BB level BJJ training in consistently and move one more step from crapler to grappler.

Just thought I would share for anyone interested.

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 4:12pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The schedule has MMA on tues and MT on Thursday. Are you taking private lessons?

I work 9-5 and wondered if lunch training helps free up evenings. Not sure someone can, train, shower and back to the office in one hour or even 2 hours.

Post to let me know if you can balance it. (ie come down off of the rush to get back to work or school)

Also, those guys in the photo look like they have been in a backyard wrasslin match with a barbed wire ring.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 4:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No they're adding Gi BJJ they during those times, it's a a big facility with plenty of room. The owner told me today during Muay Thai.

I work for myself so smelling bad isn't an issue, plus you can always give yourself a "Right Guard" shower.

I have always found afternoon classes to be way better for anything cause you get smaller groups and less Yahoos

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 9:19am

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Goju Joe. Anything to avoid them BJJ Yahoos.
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast