• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2003 9:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Striking points / pressure points in torso ?

Where are the pressure points in the torso? Is there a book or chart where I can see where they are? Which areas are most effective to strike in sparring? Please post whatever striking points you like to use, but I'm most interesting in those in the torso that I can utilize during tournament fighting.

The only one I know if is in the chest (just below the should on either side of the breast bone) I kind of knew it was there, but "found" it by surprise during a tournament last year. I punched my opponent (not very hard I might add) whoa did it get a response. I had to employ the "quick turn, kneel and look sorry" tactic to avoid a warning for accessive force (even though I honestly didn't hit that hard)

Just wondering if there's any other good striking points in the mid-section. I'm not saying I want to always go after pressure points, but it would be nice to know where they are when opponents gets a little too cute with their hard hitting.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2003 9:57am

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are many, you can get good charts and books at WWW.DRAGONSOCIETY.COM. I am a member and study PP under Rick Moneymaker;s direction. He does not teach the rub-tap tickle ko. rather the punch - slam a forearm - kick break things in his seminars.

-----------------------
    To follow the SENSEI withthout question is like walking down the train tracks with eyes closed and earplugs....its gonna get you killed.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2003 10:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sternum
    xyphoid process
    floating ribs
    collarbone
    kidneys
    liver
    groin
    breadbasket (just above the groin, lots of blood vessels)
    spine
    side of ribs
    heart
    underarms (nerve bundle and lymph nodes)

Now staaaart killin'!

Posted On:
    8/07/2003 11:29am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Throat.

[Das Moose]

Blade Windu: "ok chum sut 0wns all WT/WC in the world"

Sifu: "It used to be, anyone that dropped their hands got chain punched into the wall. Then they didn't drop their hands."

Chum Sut Total Fighting - www.chumsut.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2003 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKDist, I'm going to give you piece of advise for when it comes to cavity (pressure point) striking.
    Study human physiology!! In all seriousness though, nerves, blood vessels, and cavity gaps are guarded by both muscular groups, and skeletal structures. If you want nerves, find a bone and strike or press behind it. If you want cavity gaps, find a break in muscular groups, and again strike or press behind and in-between them.
    There's also a basic and general rule I learned whilst training for my Shiatsu license... it's that anywhere you put your hands on a person...you will strike a cavity...if even by force direction alone.

I realize they'll never teach you this effectively
    in Tae Kwon Do....but it's valuable to know...if you have the patience to learn on your own.

ryan

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    8/07/2003 9:29pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey don't forget the bladder. I had got kick and hit in bladder few time luckly I know what it could do. It would be a really nasty surprise for those who have no idea what it would do. It could cause the victim to wet themself.

It is a rat eat rat world.

"A magical place where I have a freakish large penis and I am also the king of the mushroom people." - by Omen Stone
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2003 5:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are 12 major and 14 minor points in Torso that is taught to strike in Shaolin ChuanDian Gong there are a further 5 points in the foot which can also effect the torso. It is very difficult to explain in words but if you are really interested in learning then ask a herbal doctor or learn from New York, London, Southampton, China and soon Austria.