Sponsored Links Spacer Image

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 11:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I had one of those things I would so play DDR with it on.
    カンフー

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kein Haar
    When you throw yourself overboard.

I don't think I've ever loved you more than I do right now.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 5:03pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used a weighted vest for 4 months (40 pounds), and I wore it to and from work (walked about 3 miles a day in it). I used to jump rope in it and all sorts of stuff.

I'd recommend you just wear it for bodyweight exercises. Anything that requires you to have coordination, the vest fucks with it.

It seriously is like being fat, but only for some of the day. It got to the point where I was better at certain things with the vest on than without it. It messed with my balance most of all. I would always over shoot running up stairs and stuff when I took the vest off.

I will still use it for bodyweight squats and pushups/pullups and dips, but that's about it.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 12:32am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note, you can make your own weighted backpack by putting sand in ziploc bags. Add as many or as few bags as you want, and get going.

That being said, I wouldn't wear a weighted vest unless I was so strong in an exercise that my own bodyweight wasn't sufficient for an advanced variation.

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 2:35am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wear weighted vests. One on each hand while I play Time Crisis 3. I have a problem now. When I shoot without them, I always miss the noun(person, place, or thing) and hit the sky. It's OK though, I've already sent my resume into the Los Angeles Police Department, I was told I would fit in there. I'm hoping for an answer soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 4:41am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... I don't get it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 9:15am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just think lard asses get the same benefits for free!!

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 9:44am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You realize that as soon as you add weight, it's not "bodyweight" anymore...

I can see pushups and pullups and even situps being used with a vest since it'd be an easy way to add weight. But a vest for squats? Hell no. get a bar and put some real weight on it.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 11:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A vest for all bodyweight exercises I think is fine. Yes, once you add weight, it's no longer "bodyweight" but it's close enough that you can still do the same exercises you would be able to do without the vest. It's weight added in such a way that you aren't confined to the gym and changing up weights and stations depending on what you are working.

So, if someone wants to do burpees with a vest on, that's possible. Pushups, pullups and all other "bodyweight exercises" should be fine for the weighted vest. If one feels that a bar would be better, then why not just use the bar for presses and other things INSTEAD of bodyweight exercises?

Hey, either way I can see a person making gains. So it doesn't really make a difference to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Jackson
    I wear weighted vests. One on each hand while I play Time Crisis 3. I have a problem now. When I shoot without them, I always miss the noun(person, place, or thing) and hit the sky. It's OK though, I've already sent my resume into the Los Angeles Police Department, I was told I would fit in there. I'm hoping for an answer soon.

I think it's much along the lines of why you don't practice chest passes with a medicine ball in or to get ready for a basketball game. It throws you off.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast