Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

weighted vest when to wear

Any body got any suggestions on when to wear a weighted vest. I have a sixty pound vest and have been wearing it to work. I work four to five hours a day. It seems to have helped with my breathing more than anything else. I also use it during all my plyo workouts. Anybody else use one of these if so any suggestions.

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what exactly do you work in? there's no point of wearing it to work if you sit in a cubicle or office all day.

now if your a Luggage ramper or a blue collar worker I can understand that.

you should try grappling in it just for shits.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 5:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't wear weighted **** around. It's a recipe for joint pain and damage.

If you want to wear a vest, wear it when you do pull-ups and dips.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless you plan to spend the next 30 years wearing that thing ALL THE TIME. While at the same time taking care of your joints, bones, and muscles through proper diet and **** to make sure your entire body gets used to carrying all that weight around. Take that **** off. You're not fucking Goku.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you throw yourself overboard.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we have one of those in my school, a fellow student used to wear it during workouts, but he stopped. no one ever uses it, but we had a great suggestion that i want to adopt.

instead of calling it a "weight vest" we should make it the "late vest" anyone late to class has to wear it through class.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 9:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definitly a late vest and we allready do that at my school. I actually go up and down stairs and ladders all day at work. I also unload boxes at UPS. Like I said I don't do alot of walking and things but it really seems like it helps my breathing more than anything else. When I take it of I feel like I can roll for hours. Definitly do pushups and pullups with it and stadiums.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 9:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    Unless you plan to spend the next 30 years wearing that thing ALL THE TIME. While at the same time taking care of your joints, bones, and muscles through proper diet and **** to make sure your entire body gets used to carrying all that weight around. Take that **** off. You're not fucking Goku.
    Goku wore a weighted backpack. Piccolo is the one who wore the closest thing to a weighted vest.
    カンフー

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 10:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by manillagorilla
    Definitly a late vest and we allready do that at my school. I actually go up and down stairs and ladders all day at work. I also unload boxes at UPS. Like I said I don't do alot of walking and things but it really seems like it helps my breathing more than anything else. When I take it of I feel like I can roll for hours. Definitly do pushups and pullups with it and stadiums.
    You don't want to be going up and down ladders with that thing dude.

Think about it. If you gained 60lbs of fat, don't you think your body would have joint problems carrying all that weight up and down stairs? It's gonna be the same when you alluva sudden gain 60lbs of vest.

Ditch the vest, do your squats, and work your cardio. You'll get all the strength and wind you need without having to damage your body.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 11:29pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With most vests you can adjust the wieght. Start light and work up to the 60#'s. I wouldn't wear the damned thing all of the time and definetly not during a plyo routine. Alot of your coordination is wieght dependent. Adding 60 pounds out of the blue is asking for a joint/muscle/tendon injury. I worn one during pad drills and such for a couple months and found that it didn't do anything except hurt my back. IMO they make a better punishment then a conditioning tool.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast