Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    training kicking tkd style WILL hamper you because a tkd guy couldnt chain his punches and kicks together if his fucking life depended on it. when you remove hands from the equation it becomes a sport so completely different to what the OP is training for (san shou) that all it will do is **** up things like your distancing .
    true story. Tkd will just get your ankle and instep broken in full contact.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    Isolation is a good way to improve a certain skillset but only if a person doesn't neglect the other skillsets they are already good at. If he has good hands and starts to concentrate on kicks only his hands are going to suffer.

Don't you think it would be more beneficial to keep using kicks as well as punches but sparring with different people who have different strengths so you're still working on the whole but focusing on different parts of the whole at different stages.

What do I know though I went to public school in Mississippi I'm lucky to be able to reads the letters I'm typing

Red
    I certainly never suggested he quit Sanda and take up TKD. All I recommended is that he be willing to open up his game a little to improve a skillset.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:50pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont know but i really would like to shut his mouth by beating him in just kicking too, he have been saying that he beated me yesterday since this morning and making himself seem like invincible... does anyone know a good way to get faster kicks and better dodging skills... no hands not even for blocking making it super tough for me

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    i dont know but i really would like to shut his mouth by beating him in just kicking too, he have been saying that he beated me yesterday since this morning and making himself seem like invincible... does anyone know a good way to get faster kicks and better dodging skills... no hands not even for blocking making it super tough for me
    Practice. The more frequently you do this type of thing the better you'll get at it.

Ask your sanda coach about leg blocking and kick evasion. That's what he's there for.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad you removed that Toad guy,Kid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:58pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as for the kicking part i just re thought about it i decide to go and kick his ass infront of all his "fans" from his tkd school for saying tkd is way better than san shou under any rules

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toad
    true story. Tkd will just get your ankle and instep broken in full contact.
    Actually, no, that's nonsense. There's this thing calls Full Contact Kickboxing that's been around for a while. Ever heard of it? Kicking with the foot is more likely to break it, but =/= broken foot.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 5:01pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    training kicking tkd style WILL hamper you because a tkd guy couldnt chain his punches and kicks together if his fucking life depended on it. when you remove hands from the equation it becomes a sport so completely different to what the OP is training for (san shou) that all it will do is **** up things like your distancing .
    As much as I hate everything, I can't help but wonder what your exposure to TKD has been.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 5:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    as for the kicking part i just re thought about it i decide to go and kick his ass infront of all his "fans" from his tkd school for saying tkd is way better than san shou under any rules
    I suggest trying to be a little more mature about things and try and worry more about improving your skills rather than proving which style is better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 5:13pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I suggest trying to be a little more mature about things and try and worry more about improving your skills rather than proving which style is better.
    Exactly. Now go improve your skills by kicking that TKD chumps ass!!!
    lol sorry couldn't resist... I'm just kidding :thumbsup:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast