Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 2:33pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

how to train just legs fighting

here is my story, yesterday my coach told me to go get some experience with other styles, i went to my cousins tkd school and sparred with my cousin at the begining it was full contact rules but then after my cousin got knocked to the floor for a few times then he said change to tkd rules and thats how i can get better, no hands... not even for blocking,,, i got owned just want to know how can i training to fight with no hands thank you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 2:43pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh, what the **** is the point? If you can fight with your hands, good for you. You've just proved to your friend TKD sucks if he had to "change the rules".

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 2:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was bullshitting you, even TKDers use their hands to block.

Well, when they can be arsed to pull em out of their belts.

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 3:23pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your friend sucks at fighting and just gimped you on purpose to not look like a fool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't listen to anything they say . If they told you not to use your hands that only means that their hand skills suck and they wanted to save a little bit of whatever pride they have by handicapping you. Keep working your hands as well as kicks and tell them dudes to **** off. Find a Muay Thai , Sanda, or Boxing gym to work out at because we all know tkd sucks ass regardless of how it's packaged ;)

MississippiRed

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:31pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't imagine why the **** someone would want to fight with no hands. You should have just played along, stepped in on a kick, and punched your "friend" right in his stupid mouth....I may be a little biased (check style field)

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Urgh...

Ok, guys, shut up for a minute and quit whining about TKD. This is actually a good opportunity for the OP to improve a skillset and to walk away from this thinking to himself "well if I could punch I could kick his ass so I don't need to improve my kicking!" That's just going to stunt your growth.

Spar more with this guy and try and pick up a few things from his training. If he's out kicking you, that means your kicks could use some improvement. Is it entirely vital that you be able to fight kicks only? Of course not. But this is a good opportunity to improve that skillset. Of course if you don't really care about improving your kicks, focus on what you feel works best for you (boxing/takedowns/clinch... whatever). Isolation training IS a good way to improve things.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    training kicking tkd style WILL hamper you because a tkd guy couldnt chain his punches and kicks together if his fucking life depended on it. when you remove hands from the equation it becomes a sport so completely different to what the OP is training for (san shou) that all it will do is **** up things like your distancing .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isolation is a good way to improve a certain skillset but only if a person doesn't neglect the other skillsets they are already good at. If he has good hands and starts to concentrate on kicks only his hands are going to suffer.

Don't you think it would be more beneficial to keep using kicks as well as punches but sparring with different people who have different strengths so you're still working on the whole but focusing on different parts of the whole at different stages.

What do I know though I went to public school in Mississippi I'm lucky to be able to reads the letters I'm typing

Red

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    training kicking tkd style WILL hamper you because a tkd guy couldnt chain his punches and kicks together if his fucking life depended on it. when you remove hands from the equation it becomes a sport so completely different to what the OP is training for (san shou) that all it will do is **** up things like your distancing .
    I don't really mean go from kicking sanda style to kicking TKD style, what I'm saying is that he should incorporate the isolation into his training if he wants to improve his kicking. A sanda person should, by all means, have the capacity to out kick a TKD person if they put forth the effort to do so. At least, they shouldn't be getting their ass kicked in a kicks only setting. There are some things about TKD kicking, however, that ARE good. The wide, side aligned stance is a bunch of crap in my opinion, but TKDers (at least the good ones) tend to have leg agility that not a whole lot of other stylists have. Then there are things like the spinning back kick and side kick that can prove pretty useful.

The guy shouldn't change up his kicking style, but try to incorporate some stuff to expand his abilities.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast