Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 11:56am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Yes, its ok to say "I dont like to watch him fight" "I think its boring to see him fight"
    but dont say he sucks. He gets the job done.
    I dont like to watch him fight.
    I think its boring to see him fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:05pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poor technical fighters don't win by jabbing and controlling distance. They throw no jabs, let shorter opponent get inside, get taken down, and don't get back up.

You certainly can criticize him for being boring, because he doesn't go for the KO in every fight, but he definitely is skilled enough to get the KO without landing a lucky, wild haymaker. We're not talking about Bob Sapp.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Yes, its ok to say "I dont like to watch him fight" "I think its boring to see him fight"
    but dont say he sucks. He gets the job done.

Since the world revolves around me, what I've said is:

The problem is that Sylvia's fighting appears to be 90% physical attributes, and that aesthetically his fighting is painful to watch.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 10:06pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Every time I start getting tired of Sylvia he does something pretty cool... like nearly arm-triangling Jeff Monson of all people and basically schooling him all over the place when the fight did go to the ground.

I wonder if he'd be a more exciting fighter if he scored some takedowns.
    See, I get the impression a lot of people didn't really watch the monson fight. They both fought pretty much the whole time, and they bounced up and down a ton. For me it's cool to see someone keep to their game - the better fighter is the one who better asserts reality in the ring.

Tim pulled Monson into his game, and defeated monson's attempts to pull Tim into his. That's what all winning fighters do.

The milletech martial art style may be the very anti xma - all go, no show - and I don't find Tim to be a font of charisma, but neither is the wave then downs the surfer or length of track a runner covers. Tim sylvia is the test no one can pass, right now. Crocop's got the best chance - I would even say he'll go into their fight a favorite - but he's not THAT BIG of one. And I'm a fan of his, as well.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678