Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC bullshito!

Does anyone other than me notice what the UFC is doing. They send these people throught their TV thow The Ultimate Fighter....Then they use these fighters exclusivly to fill the pay-per-view fights. That keeps them from having to pay more money to better fighters. The ones that with TUF get contracts so they can't go and fight for other organizations. All of your title holders get locked into contracts. Everyone is talking about the depth of their fighters is shitty so they bring in cro cop and rampage. But they make them fight no bodies so that they can get 4 or 5 fights out of them before they get title shots. Where everyone knows Cro cop has a right to get a title shot. He rules every venue he fights in. Let us see the real fights instead of making us pay for 10 pay-per-view fights leading up to it. Cro cop doens't need to earn his way to the top. Silvia needs to prove he can fight cro cop. The UFC would make Jesus earn the right to fight the devil. Just to make more money. Do they think we are stupid?

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 10:14am

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. Money FTW

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 10:56am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, freak matchups are fun to watch. Not so much fun for the one having to get pounded by cro cop... but for the viewers it's fun. :)

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 11:03am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    Do they think we are stupid?
    I'm sure they're terribly worried about that question on the way to the bank.

Your post leads me to believe you have no idea how the real world works. Corporations/people have a tendency to milk their profit margins for as long as they can, even if it means shitty customer service.
    Shut the hell up and train.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 11:36am

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The UFC would make Jesus earn the right to fight the devil.
    Well, fucking duh retard. Jesus has no record and the Devil fights in a much more elite division. Jesus is half human, The Devil has taken on the entirety of the Heavenly Host and only lost when the Big Man himself stepped in. Fighting angels - big plus on your resume. For comparison see what one angel (who is less hard than The Devil) did to Soddom and Gomorrah.

The Devil = lots of experience and a verifiable record.
    Jesus = whiny **** (emo-like) who doesn't have a record just a lot of people talking him up.

Putting Jesus against The Devil would be like putting Pee Wee Herman up against Fedor.

Idiot.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 12:07pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone other than me notice what the UFC is doing. They send these people throught their TV thow The Ultimate Fighter....Then they use these fighters exclusivly to fill the pay-per-view fights. That keeps them from having to pay more money to better fighters. The ones that with TUF get contracts so they can't go and fight for other organizations. All of your title holders get locked into contracts. Everyone is talking about the depth of their fighters is shitty so they bring in cro cop and rampage. But they make them fight no bodies so that they can get 4 or 5 fights out of them before they get title shots. Where everyone knows Cro cop has a right to get a title shot. He rules every venue he fights in. Let us see the real fights instead of making us pay for 10 pay-per-view fights leading up to it. Cro cop doens't need to earn his way to the top. Silvia needs to prove he can fight cro cop. The UFC would make Jesus earn the right to fight the devil. Just to make more money. Do they think we are stupid?
    You have to build fighters up. Crocop and Rampage are great fighters but are virtually unknown here in the states. If they're given title shots immediately then people will be confused as to why these unknown fighters are getting title shots; In the minds of 70% of the fans, they have not earned title shots because they're unknown. If they lose their title fights, then the fans don't care about them and the UFC just wasted a lot of money (what ever happend to Paul Buentello?). Even if they win, then it makes the UFC look bad in comparison to Pride, and you have unknown fighters carrying the title - and who wants to watch that? You want to watch fighters they you know and care about. By giving them a few feeder fights, they can build up the popularity of the fighters so that if they do win their title shots, fans will actually be able to recognize and care about the champions. Don't tell me that you haven't noticed that Fedor, Wanderlei, and Crocop have fought plenty of feeder fights in Pride.

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 9:42pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We should not let white belts make threads!!! RARGGHHH!!!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2007 9:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    I'm sure they're terribly worried about that question on the way to the bank.

Your post leads me to believe you have no idea how the real world works. Corporations/people have a tendency to milk their profit margins for as long as they can, even if it means shitty customer service.

Yeah, I guess I don't know how the world works. Your world anyway. I odn't live in a city or have any corporite experience. I just like to fight and train. I don't worry about what corprite pussies and suit wearin fags think unti it effects my fighters. However, I have been a fan of mixed martial arts since the begiging and it didn't used to be this way. You no longer get to see great fights against world class competitors. YOu get to see who Dana White can make the most money off. For example, Tim Silvia has been called out by many pride fighter, not to fight for a UFC belt but just to fight. He refused because he is not a worldclass fighter, he is a UFC belt holder and his only goal in life is to keep that little belt. What a *****.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2007 9:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    We should not let white belts make threads!!! RARGGHHH!!!

Then change the rules. Otherwise, shut the **** up. Man you let someone play on a computer for a littlwhile and you think you run the world. If you don't like what I think then crawl back in your hole and pretend I don't exsist.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2007 9:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaspaine
    You have to build fighters up. Crocop and Rampage are great fighters but are virtually unknown here in the states. If they're given title shots immediately then people will be confused as to why these unknown fighters are getting title shots; In the minds of 70% of the fans, they have not earned title shots because they're unknown. If they lose their title fights, then the fans don't care about them and the UFC just wasted a lot of money (what ever happend to Paul Buentello?). Even if they win, then it makes the UFC look bad in comparison to Pride, and you have unknown fighters carrying the title - and who wants to watch that? You want to watch fighters they you know and care about. By giving them a few feeder fights, they can build up the popularity of the fighters so that if they do win their title shots, fans will actually be able to recognize and care about the champions. Don't tell me that you haven't noticed that Fedor, Wanderlei, and Crocop have fought plenty of feeder fights in Pride.

Yeah your right. Pride makes them have plenty of feeder fights but the don't lock them into contracts. If you fight in pride you have freedom to go and fight in other venues. UFC doesn't do this. Remember what happened to BJ Penn a fe years ago. That's bullshit.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast