Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 9:34am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless I missed this, has anyone contributed to or linked to this from the wikipedia page for Harley?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Tribe_Metis

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 4:17am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande
    Unless I missed this, has anyone contributed to or linked to this from the wikipedia page for Harley?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Tribe_Metis

GG
    Good idea...

We need to add our new information to the Wikipedia Article.

Posted On:
    9/17/2008 2:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied ju jutsu for 3-4 months with Harley Reagan in Pasaden, CA c. 1974. At that time he gave classes in a garage behind his house in Pasadena. He even taught ju-jitsu for a awhile at the Pasadena Alternative School at the same time, which is where I met him. Then it was all about self-defense. Some of his students were quite advanced. It seemed like a positive, wholesome person you would not have minded teaching kids at a school. No bizarre sex-teachings or pseudo-military stories. He claimed, however, to have worked as a stunt man in the movie Billy Jack, which starred Tom Laughlin as a part-Indian ex-green beret martial arts expert that defended the local native-american kids who were humilliated by the racist towns-people. Billy Jack kicked a lot racist-jerk asses in the movie set in a small town somewhere in the southwest.

It seems that Reagan took on a lot of Billy Jack's personal history as his own. That was the genesis of his personal history. It makes a lot sense. Oh yeah, the "black-ops" and grisly Viet Nam/Taiwan stories seem to have come right out of the character played by Steven Segal, especially in "Above the Law" the first movie in the series. There are many similarities between Reagan's so-called life story and that of the fictional character played by Segal, as well as in Segal's own possibly fabricated life story, e..g. "black ops", unsavory special forces actions in Vietnam, and so forth.

In 1974, as his ju jitsu student, I never heard anything about his "military record". He thought that up later. I remember inklings of his "sex" beliefs. Once he commented about lesbians: "The thing about them is they have never had a man who knew what he was doing...". And when students in the ju jitsu class had earned the first level, I think it was the orange belt, Reagan kissed the girls on the lips! Just a quick kiss, but these girls were 13 or 14 years old. As a guy my initiation was a punch in the stomach, which did not hurt because he had me tighten muscles before-hand.

Well, he was skilled in ju-jitsu at time, talked about the power of "inner energy" being much stronger than brute strength. He illustrated that by having two guys try to bend his arm, first when he resisted with muscle strength only, which the two guys overcame, and then with that inner energy. The guys could not bend his arm when he tapped into that energy. That was an innocent time.

Out of nowhere I did search on Harley Reagan and found out all the crazy stuff. What a surprise!

Posted On:
    10/07/2008 8:56pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for posting...

I sent this article to Reagan and asked for a reply...no surprise I got none. It is good to hear from someone who actually knows/knew him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2008 8:42pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cliffolin, I hope you didn't buy into that old parlor trick - the "unbendable arm." It is simple body mechanics - an efficient use of muscles, nothing more.

Also, I would think that a Medal of Honor awardee would know that "Congressional" Medal of Honor is incorrect - a misnomer. Widely used, yes - but widely incorrect. It is correctly called "Medal of Honor."

Jeff Cook

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 5:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey everyone.... I *KNEW* Harley in the late 60's to early 70's he taught Jujitsu in Pasadena. In fact I knew him before he was an Indian. He became an Indian after saw the movie Billy jack

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 7:17pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis56
    Hey everyone.... I *KNEW* Harley in the late 60's to early 70's he taught Jujitsu in Pasadena. In fact I knew him before he was an Indian. He became an Indian after saw the movie Billy jack
    Hey, whatever details you can provide would be appreciated. Was he a cop during that time? Did he claim a service record?

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    The Battle of Bloody Heart/Operation Raincoat (spring 1967)

the NVA whipped out an entire Navy Seal team sent down the river to secure the bridge
    ok, i only spent a very very short time in the navy, but i did hear a few lectures about bullshido seal stories. my facts were a bit off on my first assesment of this part of the story (i didn't think seals were in vietnam in 67 but they were), so i did some checking on cyberseals.org and with a co-workers boyfriend who is a seal.

basically, there were only 250 seals in vietnam total, the first seals were put in vietnam in 1966, there were NEVER any seal teams compleatly wiped out. this could be attributed to a typo where he ment squad or unit, but if he was truly working with spec. forces he would know the difference between a team and a unit of seals.

there were 49 deaths of seals in vietnam total. there is no way that one quarter to one half the deaths of seals in vietnam occurred in the same battle.

phonies love throwing around seal stories. they think it makes them more baddass. to bad the guy that raised me while my dad wasn't around was a retired vietnam era frog man and a good friend of mine from high school is currently a seal. so, i'm extra sensitive to any fake seal claims.

sorry if this is considered a necro, but i had to throw in my 2 cents.

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 5:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
    Oh yeah, I forgot, sadly enough, about a guy from my gym falling just over 100ft. while climbing in North Carolina. He was killed instantly. I'll edit this post with a link if I can find it. Sorry for interjecting so much with my climbing nonsense. I just feel like I know A little bit about falls.

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headli...=71693&SecID=2

So you know I'm not full of it.
    Was his last name "Jones"?
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 12:51pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my goodness

His sex seminars sound rather, er, unusual.....

http://www.mail-archive.com/native_a.../msg01503.html

There's just so much of this kind of thing going on, it's depressing
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast