Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:23pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xingyifa
    "In June of the same year, he reported to the Air Force Academy but by May 1959, he left after problems with excessive masturbation. "

Is that seriously part of his "official biography"???
    Yes, yes it is. There is a lot of sexual information in his biography and in his teaching in general. Reagan also teaches sexuality seminars to help us pail faces get over our puritan notions of sexuality.

However since he is of Irish decent and not Native American his creditability to charge people 1,200 dollars for his made up Cherokee sexuality workshops is blown.

Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    the 300 ft fall is bunk. I'm a fairly experienced rock-climber, and when free-soloing, most people consider a fall from anything above thirty feet to be potentially fatal, or at least capable of producing massive injuries.
    What I like best about the fall story is that according to Reagan he landed on his feat and then collapsed.

Then as soon as he was out of the hospital, he was winning Jiu Jitsu championships.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    What will happen first, do you think: A rebuttal by the man himself, or an invasion of students defending their teacher?
    Usually he just challenges his critics to a fight. However I do not see how the outcome of a match could magically transform his ethnicity from Irish to Cherokee, or make him a war hero, or an Olympian, or a wizard, etc.

In addition, I need to thank both KickCatcher and Sam Browning for helping me out with this article.
    Last edited by Olorin; 2/03/2007 6:30pm at .

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And thanks should go to the Native American online community who have been on this guy's case for years. http://forum.americanindiantribe.com...ic.php?p=51109
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:27pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was a good job man. I appreciate all the effort you so clearly put into it.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:34pm

Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Rumors are that he was training with Ed Parker at some time around 1964, Mr. Bishop, do you know Mike Stone or anyone else from that time period who confirm dates and whether Parker awarded him any rank?
    I don't know if he actually trained with Ed Parker, but Parker did have a very low opinion of him. One time when we were talking about someone else, he mentioned this "phony" guy who was running around claiming to teach indian martial arts, but wasn't even a real indian.
    I know Mike Stone, but last time I saw him a few years ago he was living in the Philipines, and only coming to the U.S. to teach seminars.
    I'm sure someone like Ron "Doc" Chapel would know about Reagan. I could email him or refer him to this thread if anyone is interested in the Parker connection.
    Last edited by Bishop; 2/03/2007 6:36pm at .

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 7:18pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Certainly Bishop, if you could ask Mr. Chapel about Reagan it would be appreciated. Especially if he can remember if they trained together, when this happened, and if Parker gave him any rank before realizing Harley had issues.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    2/04/2007 12:01am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent, Olorin. If you put half this work into your PhD, you'll be awarded an unconditional pass.

Part of my own research was critiquing the pilfering of Native American, Indian and Indigenous traditions - it's great to see this done so well.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 7:00am

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Would you be willing to make some phone calls to British skydiving organizations?
    Sorry for the late reply Sam.

Yeah no problem, credit permitting. I've got the email addresses of the BPA (British Parachute Association) found here: http://www.bpa.org.uk/bpastaff.htm

If the investigative team wishes to formulate questions they can either contact them directly or pass them to me and I'll be happy to contact them. I shall look into climbing groups as well.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 9:08am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just ask them out of full parachute malfunctions (chute doesn't open) what is the rate of suvival.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 9:22am

Style: Wu/Hao Taiji; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow nice write-up, did you say this guy is out of Arizona?

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 6:46pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu_Anaguma
    Wow nice write-up, did you say this guy is out of Arizona?
    Ya he is teaching in Scottsdale AZ, but he is from Texas. He states that he was born in Lubbock TX, on a Cherokee Reservation. However, the Cherokee do not have any reservations in Texas, as they own their own land.

In addition, it was really born in Amarillo Texas, not Lubbock.

Quote Originally Posted by debul937
    On the off chance one could survive a 300ft. fall, I couldn't imagine them being able to do anything productive after they landed for a long time, much less win a championship of any kind.
    For perspective, I will include some dates.

1967: Fourth tour of duty, First Force Recon Battalion, First Marine Division, Third Company

1967 Spring: The Battle of Bloody Heart. Reagan awarded Silver Star and shot three times (He should have a Silver Star, Bronze Star, and at least two Purple Hearts)

1967 June 14: Reagan’s 300 ft fall out of helicopter.

1967 December 12: Fifth son born

1967 July 10: Bethesda Navel Hospital

1967 July 21: Woke up from comatose state

1968 March: out of hospital

1967-1970 World Jiu Jitsu Champion (from his website)

Now notice how close the dates are. He was wounded three times in the spring of 1967, but was back in action by 14 June 1967. Just in time for his fall from the sky. In his spare time he managed to become a world Jiu Jitsu champion.

Now if we use the dates from his book he claims that he won a regional Jujitsu Tournament (notice the spelling of Jujitsu changed) in 1969 in the Light Heavyweight division. Then in 1969-70, He won a national Jujitsu tournament in Washington DC, and was presented the trophy by Muhammad Ali.

Therefore, there are some discrepancies between his book and his website. However if I was ever a world Jiu Jitsu/Jujitsu champion I would remember the correct dates.
    Last edited by Olorin; 2/05/2007 7:06pm at .
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast