Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 9:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

GM David Harris -- Snake Oil Salesman?

While reading the William Aguiar/Floyd Webb Saga, I noticed a post about a Grand Master David Harris (as pertaining to his association with Ashida Kim) and my curiosity got peaked.

As I started looking into the background of Mr Harris, the jaw dropped and I said to myself, "WTF self".

Let's start with the most questionable of his claims. He claims to be a Grand Master in 4 different martial arts AND Qi Gong. This guy is AWESOME!!! He has studied more than 18 styles over 27 years and has become a GM in 4 of them. As he states himself,
    <Quote> "Individuals who find one Grandmaster in a lifetime to study with are fortunate...I have had the honor of studying with many Grandmasters in Martial Arts. Supreme Grandmaster Ashida Kim 'The Ninja', Supreme Grandmaster Charles 'Iron Eagle' Laver, and Grandmaster Jack 'Soke' Johns, just to name a few."<Quote>

Why bother with all the others when you get 4 at once with GM Harris!!

NOTE: at no point in his bio does he state which martial arts he his a GM in.

Read the bio at http://www.shunshentao.com/GMD-BIOpg.htm

To be fair, I couldn't find anything stating he was marketing to mainstream MA. His main focus appears to be on the "Healing art of Shen Shun Tao". I have to admit ignorance of this MA style and would gladly accept an education from any practitioners. At first glance, and this may be the marketing talking, it seems like a load of bunk designed for the gullible. However, I don't want to jump to any conclusions. After all he is an expert in healing according to the bio and the products he sells (via Dojo Press).

<Quote>"I have also studied many healing systems as well in order to find the common link between all things. Some of the healing arts that I have studied include--Shun Tao, Qi Gong, Qi Gong (Rod) Nei gong, Dim Mak, Shiatsu, Tui na, Gua Sha, Jie Gu, An mo, Acupuncture, Herbal Therapies (Chinese, Western, Ayurvedic, and Rain Forest)." <Qoute>

http://www.dojopress.com/catalog.videotapes4.html

one more thing...
    Learn the secret Kung Fu exercises that will make you,
    Invulnerable to serpent’s fang or tiger’s claw…
    Invincible in combat…
    Immortal champion of light and justice…

"These techniques were once widely known, then forbidden. Now it is time to share them with you again. It doesn’t take years of training or pain. Just a few basic steps. Anyone can do them. It’s as simple as that…”

Grandmaster David Harris
    http://www.dojopress.com/catalog.videotapes4.html
    Last edited by TKDfan; 9/21/2007 9:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 10:08am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The main link between all of the "healing" arts is that they are all total BS and do not work beyond placebo effect.

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 12:00pm

Style: chaos

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wer do they come from

He's a joke with no or very little martial art's experience. Look it took all of ten year's of hard training to get my Black Belt's in Kempo and Jujitsu.But to be a Grand Master were is his lineage god these guy's come out of no were strictly BULLSHIDO hand's down. If you look at his video's on you-tube he break's like 40 slab's of cement with his ball's. Come on be realistic. He need's healing to fix those broken ball's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cvr-shuntao1.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	8229  

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 3:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorin Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "These techniques were once widely known, then forbidden. Now it is time to share them with you again. It doesn’t take years of training or pain. Just a few basic steps. Anyone can do them. It’s as simple as that…”

Grandmaster David Harris
    That right there sounds suspicious to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 3:16pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Kim liks and references did it for me!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 6:33pm

Style: Unemployed Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On his website he doesn't just claim to be a grandmaster, he claims to be a "supreme" grandmaster.
    Everytime I hear someone use the term grandmaster to describe themself I want to puke.
    Whenever I hear the term ''supreme'' added to grandmaster I want to ****.
    But when I hear the name Ashida Kim I want to puke & **** & laugh hysterically ALL AT THE SAME TIME !
    Last edited by DON'T SH*T ME !; 9/22/2007 3:19pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 7:04pm

Style: Japanese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The webpage states that in 2004 he was installed "as the Supreme Grand Master of "Shun Shen Tao" system for the Western Hemisphere."

Well may I inquire exactly who (i.e., his teachers?) did or authorized this installation?

May I ask the follow-up question, who holds the title of Supreme Grand Master of "Shun Shen Tao" system for the EASTERN Hemisphere?

On the Services page it states, "You have over one thousand times the number of stressors each day that your great grandfather had."

Well historians may counter that a majority of our great grandfathers toiled at manual labor jobs six days a week at occupationally dangerous work sites with no societal safety net - and many were dead before age sixty.
    Last edited by Sisyphus; 10/03/2007 7:06pm at .

poser

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 8:29pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobT
    The main link between all of the "healing" arts is that they are all total BS and do not work beyond placebo effect.
    You've never tried one, have you?

But that's not the point of this thread. The guy in the OP clearly is a complete loser and fraud.

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 1:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I met this GM David Harris once, little arrogant @#$%&*. I asked him if he was going to the Jeff Speakman Seminar and he said " Why should I go, he does not know more than me."
    This guy does not know anything, and claims he is a GM in Kenpo Karate - Mr. Speakman was kinda curious how this guy can put that on his business card since Mr. Parker never promoted anyone to that level before he died.
    GM David Harris and I will meet again, hope this guy has a good memory and remembers what I look like ! lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 1:52pm

Style: Noob-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You necro'd a year old thread for your first post to contribute....what? That your GM can beat up their GM? Go finish your homework.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast