Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last
  1. #71
    Miguksaram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu
    maybe you need to get out more...
    Bitch please! Do you really want to go toe to toe on Korean spelling of Taekwondo and all of its pursuing glory that goes with the system?

    No I don't need to get out more, you just need to educate yourself more.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

  2. #72

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Midwest and Arizona
    Posts
    7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    Bitch please! Do you really want to go toe to toe on Korean spelling of Taekwondo and all of its pursuing glory that goes with the system?

    No I don't need to get out more, you just need to educate yourself more.
    I try and avoid toe to toe if there is nothing to be gained from it, if I or someone I love is not in danger. I also try and avoid insulting or calling people names. I also try and avoid making assumptions about people or trying to glorify myself. This appears to be a good site to get an education by reading and watching videos, etc. but perhaps not the best for learning from posting exchanges.
    Last edited by Kaisu; 10/01/2007 4:58pm at .

  3. #73
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu
    I try and avoid toe to toe if there is nothing to be gained from it, if I or someone I love is not in danger. I also try and avoid insulting or calling people names. I also try and avoid making assumptions about people or trying to glorify myself. This appears to be a good site to get an education by reading and watching videos, etc. but perhaps not the best for learning from posting exchanges.
    So, in other words, you have no clue what you are talking about?

    Let it go it is the internet.

  4. #74

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    294
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu
    but perhaps not the best for learning from posting exchanges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Either learn how to spell the name of your art...or admit you come from a school of holistic podiatry.
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    Dear lord, I haven't seen that spelled that way since I graded the an 8 year old's report that he had to do on the art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu
    It appears that my meaning was very clear, regardless of my spelling mistake. And how you regard me is a matter of almost, but not quite, total inrelevance to me.
    Just to recap. Something was noted . . . you eventually acknowledged it . . . . fail to correct it.

    I've learned something from back and forth exchange.

  5. #75
    Miguksaram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu
    I try and avoid toe to toe if there is nothing to be gained from it, if I or someone I love is not in danger. I also try and avoid insulting or calling people names. I also try and avoid making assumptions about people or trying to glorify myself. This appears to be a good site to get an education by reading and watching videos, etc. but perhaps not the best for learning from posting exchanges.
    Here is a dollar. Please go buy a clue with it. This was not a physical challange, it was an intellectual challange on Korean spelling and Korean martial art history knowledge. Dear lord, do you really think I am going to challange someone to fight for the simple fact they don't know what they are talking about?

    As for "glorifying myself" trust me I have no need to do so. I put in enough time on this site as well as did the research into the KMA that I don't need to glorify myself to every halfwit who just doesn't get it. You want to learn...well guess what, you were told that you spelled the name wrong, and yet, it still remains the same. This Bullshido, not Oprah book club. Grow thick skin or you won't be last long here. Welcome aboard.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

  6. #76

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Midwest and Arizona
    Posts
    7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't give a rat's ass how its spelled... or the so-called glorious history of it... Most of that history is bullshit anyway.. a bunch of jacked up guys trying to impart some sort of credibility to a practice that has undergone as many transformations and opinions as there are opinionated practioners thereof... what you supposedly intellectuals fail to grasp is that my spelling is just as valid as anyone else's - you have just subscribed to a convention that the majority have adopted... my point is that the meaning was and is clear.... and if you have nothing better to do than adopt a position of intellectual and moral superiority because of a spelling.. and then proceed to berate, belittle and insult on that basis... well then... you are welcome to your little jackshit world...

  7. #77
    Guess which finger is the fickle one... supporting member
    FickleFingerOfFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Up in your grill.
    Posts
    5,645
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu
    I really don't give a rat's ass how its spelled... or the so-called glorious history of it... Most of that history is bullshit anyway.. a bunch of jacked up guys trying to impart some sort of credibility to a practice that has undergone as many transformations and opinions as there are opinionated practioners thereof... what you supposedly intellectuals fail to grasp is that my spelling is just as valid as anyone else's - you have just subscribed to a convention that the majority have adopted... my point is that the meaning was and is clear.... and if you have nothing better to do than adopt a position of intellectual and moral superiority because of a spelling.. and then proceed to berate, belittle and insult on that basis... well then... you are welcome to your little jackshit world...

    You're going to be fun to have around.

    Be sure to check the YMAS Forums.


    They'll love you there.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

    The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.



  8. #78

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Midwest and Arizona
    Posts
    7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    You're going to be fun to have around.

    Be sure to check the YMAS Forums.


    They'll love you there.
    LOL...

  9. #79

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    294
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay then . . . . I'll ask . . . why do you choose to spell it the way you do. Can you back this up with any sort of evidence from Korean-English romanization precedences. Perhaps you have some linguistic evidence where the phoneme can still be represented in this manner.

    In terms of the trumped up history . . . I don't think anyone who has read into the history would argue with you. Grow some thicker skin if you want to survive here and you may either learn something from the back and forth discussion or contribute if people can begin to take you seriously.

    BTW what is your MA background. May be a good starting point.

  10. #80
    Miguksaram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu
    I really don't give a rat's ass how its spelled... or the so-called glorious history of it... Most of that history is bullshit anyway.. a bunch of jacked up guys trying to impart some sort of credibility to a practice that has undergone as many transformations and opinions as there are opinionated practioners thereof... what you supposedly intellectuals fail to grasp is that my spelling is just as valid as anyone else's - you have just subscribed to a convention that the majority have adopted... my point is that the meaning was and is clear.... and if you have nothing better to do than adopt a position of intellectual and moral superiority because of a spelling.. and then proceed to berate, belittle and insult on that basis... well then... you are welcome to your little jackshit world...
    Tsk..tsk..tsk.. I love people like you that always start off to be such a pristine holier than thou poster. All it takes is to hit the right button and you become the same ol' worthless piece of rat **** that you pretend to be better than.

    Wow..you really know your history...yep..here I was preaching the 2000 year old myth but luckily you came along and set me straight...Yes sir, no imparting wrong information to you...I especially enjoy this one

    what you supposedly intellectuals fail to grasp is that my spelling is just as valid as anyone else's - you have just subscribed to a convention that the majority have adopted...
    With this mentality I guess it is ok for me to spell Amerika with a 'k' because that is just as valid as anyone else's spelling with a 'c'.

    There is a reasoning behind us "conventinal" people spelling it the way we do. Perhaps you should read the title of this thread once more and take it to heart.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO