Administrator

Posted On:
    2/13/2007 2:17am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus
    If a well rounded fighter, say with a background in BJJ Judo and MT, was training in your school for a limited period of time what would you teach them that isnít covered well in those arts.?

Or stated another way.

What do you teach that is both effective and lacking in the mentioned arts?

How to be mean. Not that you couldn't learn that in BJJ but I grind guys on the ground and I learned it in eagle claw kung-fu. There are specific striking and evasion techniques I perform that I don't see in many other styles except maybe boxing, you can see it when I get the guy to line up and punch me and I evade and hit him at the same time. Also learning how to hit ceartain areas to get somebody to move. 100% effective? No, but they work enough. I have a former pro muay thai kickboxer from Sweden training at my gym, he said he'd never seen a person break down opponents like I did. I just try to hit when people are hitting me where they least expect it.

Whenever I think there's a technique that could be adapted I've brought into the system so I have my guys learning Muay Thai, Groundwork and Throws. All of which could be found in Judo and BJJ. We just don't delve into it deeply unless the person wants it. Just enough to become decent in it. High white or low blue in BJJ (green in SAMBO) and Brown belt Judo (Green in SAMBO).

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 6:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow you sound like my master, thanks for sharing

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/09/2007 6:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    looks like its time for a fanclub omega! ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2007 11:02pm

Style: Hayabusa Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You started training in the 70's? Does this mean I can call you a Balboasaurus? ;)

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 3:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omega,recently i had a kick-ass workshop Qin;na and being my teachers meat puppet i experienced a full system shut down,he simply slapped me (not hard at all) at a couple of spots and it felt like my body was about to explode,knocked the wind out of me etc. (im not some dillman disciple for the record) could u tell us something bout how u learned or what u learned regarding Qin'na?
    Having done eagle claw i reckon u know a thing or two?
    one specific question:what animal style do u think is most used in Qin'na forms,or should be used the most?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 11:14am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    omega,recently i had a kick-ass workshop Qin;na and being my teachers meat puppet i experienced a full system shut down,he simply slapped me (not hard at all) at a couple of spots and it felt like my body was about to explode,knocked the wind out of me etc. (im not some dillman disciple for the record) could u tell us something bout how u learned or what u learned regarding Qin'na?
    Having done eagle claw i reckon u know a thing or two?
    one specific question:what animal style do u think is most used in Qin'na forms,or should be used the most?
    Dude, they're parlor tricks. I show them to my students all the time. Fun stuff. If you can catch people unaware they're great. That's about as far as I'd go with those though. As Bruce Lee said "board don't hit back". Another simple way of looking at it is if I hit you in the funny bone, or the tip of the jaw, boxed your ears, or kicked you in the groin. We all know these spots are sensitive. There are of course others but getting to them and making them effective is a completely different animal.

Posted On:
    3/24/2007 8:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well yeah,i would never try and use them,cos that sorta stuff is hocus pocus to me.
    and i agree its definitly funny stuff,well to watch,not to experience,it freaking hurts man.
    that was the thing which was in the back of my head:its too accurate to use in a real fight.
    ive done Sanda matches and its difficult enough to make a proper sweep or throw on a fuly opposing oponent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 5:20am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a good story man. Sound like an intersting guy. Muchos Respect.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2007 3:38pm

Style: Kung Fu,Ju Jitsu, Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kudos My friend, much respect.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 1:57pm

Style: Submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And jeez, man, being in the guillotine like that and getting kneed, even though you were blocking looks like it hurt like hell.

But great video, you definitely took kung fu to a new level man. You should teach in the states or something.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast