Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 6:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going from the chun to TKD? Are there no Aikido schools in the area?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 7:05am

Style: Judo/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Let's be truthful fighting in general is all the same. You either strike or grapple. The difference appears in how you learn how to fight.
    this. much of the rest is "much ado about nothing"...

PS: may I use this as a sig (in my native language) on another forum ?

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 2:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega the merciless, Is your kungfu art called Ngo Cho Kun or WuzuQuan by any chance?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 10:51am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WuzuQuan would be a closer spelling of my former system.

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 11:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice =D
    I used to do shaolin back when i was 12 and fell in love with kung fu because of my experiences with it.
    A friend of mine bought me a book on kungfu since i loved it so much. Its titled "FIVE ANCESTOR FIST KUNG FU, the way of Ngo Cho Kun." Written by Alexander Lim Co. upon a bit of research i found out it had another name. Wuzuquan. =)
    If it is indeed the same art as you practised, i have to say i admire you greatly =) *I admire you for being able to take Kung fu into MMA anyways =P*
    Although learning from the book is really not a very effective way to train i have to say i learned a lot from it.
    The book goes over some basic technique, lots of philosophy, the Sam Chein form (Three wars form) and the In Tin Tat form (Entwining Kick or fist) with application and some drills and training techniques.
    Now days i'm learning kyokushin and try to practice Kyokushin only at the dojo. but sometimes i incorporate what i learned from kungfu into informal sparring matches with my friends and i have to say i have noticed that Wuzuquan concepts help me balance my foot work, check my friends arms and improve my kick defence. =D
    I'd love to learn this art. if i ever get the oppertunity i would love to take up Wuzuquan, baji,Xingyi or shaolin =D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:32pm

Style: Transitioning...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Omega, ive trained under a style named Xing yi tchuen, Tchuen for short. Its said to be a Taiwanese Kung-fu (yeah im serious). A man named Norman Queiroga is said to have trained in a temple for 4 years day and night under monks and acquired a 5th dan in the art or something. It looked a lot like Karate, same punches, same kicks mixed with joint locks (chin na) and stuff. We frequently sparred bare handed, face punches alowed but with limited strenght. All this story about the Master Norman sounded like made up bullshit, i never fought anything consistent in the internet, but the style was sure pretty alive, and u could be a good fighter training in it. Have u heard something about this?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:42pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Truthfully some of it sounds made up. That being said- if it works then it works. I have never heard of the system but I have heard of Taiwanese Kung Fu, our original system had a form called t'chuan which seems very similar in spelling. Xing Yi is a very well known system of kung fu. Very powerful punching. Have I answered your question?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 8:57am

Style: Transitioning...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah u did thx for the reply, i always thought it was a made up and kind of a self-promotion of master Norman. Ill look for some info on this T`chuan also, and if i come across any video of this style (tchuen) ill post here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2011 9:00pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, Omega, could you tell us how one of your classes goes? Does everybody just begin and go on their own with you correcting whatever they're doing, like you did in your Kung fu classes? Do you use forms/katas? If so, which ones? And if not, why not?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 12:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky279 View Post
    Hey, Omega, could you tell us how one of your classes goes? Does everybody just begin and go on their own with you correcting whatever they're doing, like you did in your Kung fu classes? Do you use forms/katas? If so, which ones? And if not, why not?
    That's a huge question. Would you like to narrow down the parameters?