Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/17/2008 2:08am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved a couple of relevant responses to the thread lotusmaster was asked to create on his style:
    Golden Lotus Kung-Fu - No BS Martial Arts
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 11:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started CMA after becoming dissilusioned with my previous instructors teaching. I've now found a very reputable Sifu and I'm really really enjoying training, it's really helped with my balance and grounding.

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 6:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Choy Li Fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Mine goes a bit deeper into an idealistic philosophy. In reality when all was said and done I had done more CMA than any other style. We know that Kung-fu as a system doesn't translate well to western language. It's technically not martial arts but that's what we associate it with.

I was watching Stephan Bonnar vs Keith Jardine tonight. I believe Bonnar was touted as a BJJ stylist but then as the night went on you heard about his transfer from TKD, to boxing, adding Muay Thai. Somewhere after TKD he took up BJJ. So why claim any or all? Depends upon how you look at it.

Even you Hui_Xiu claim MT, CMA and Boxing. Why? Does it give you a bit of legitimacy? I've trained in over 8 different styles of martial arts and can actually promote people in 8 of them. Kung-fu toughened my body, showed me balance, help me understand movement, gave me the base to adapt to other styles. It's my base style so I claim Kung-fu.
    Ive just started training Choy Li Fat Kung Fu a amonth ago. During the last 3 years, I trained mostly boxing, and also a few months of MMA (that meaning the typical muay thai+ no-gi BJJ mix). I moved on to Choy Li Fat because, afeter trying a few classes and sparring a little with my current teacher I got intigued and atracted by the understanding off body mechanichs and balance/power generating movements it has. By this I don`t mean CLF is better tah MMA, or it can replace grappling/ground fighting styles (no, its not better, and no, if you want to learn ground-fighitng you must cross-train). Im just saying Ive started CLF because I think its a good BASE style, that will help me develope a better positioning and more powerfull strikes and increase my balance,
    Heres my academy website (its in Buenos Aires, Argentina):
    http://www.centrosanti.com.ar/
    Here youy can see me and my teacher sparring (thats before I started training with him):

(Hes the tall thin guy with MMA gloves, Im the shorter-fatter one, dressed in black, with boxing gloves; were not fighting at the begining of the video):
    YouTube - seminario phanter

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 5:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wushu / Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I chose Kung Fu 1 year ago (first martial art at 35yo!) because:
    -the dojo is 2mins away from my place and the hours are right (I work long hours so this is key)
    -I tried a course and liked the teacher and the other students, the general atmosphere etc...(the room itself is crap though, all hard wood floors, no windows...)
    -the style (mostly modern wushu including sanda) is great to look at and to perform (though some of the jump kicks I find too acrobatic and flashy/useless for my taste, also all the whirling around of the arms hurts my "bad" shoulder a little...)
    -the sparring is well balanced and integrates some of the moves we do in the Taolu.
    -I feel I've gained a lot in flexibility and coordination, conditioning and cardio, whereas I've been making very little gains from my regular 3x week gym workouts for a while now...

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 7:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What got me interested was seeing some of the things the Shaolin monks did and how rigorous most of their training was

The place I go to know teaches 5 animal styles, snake, crane, tiger, leopard, and dragon. I've heard mixed reactions about animal styles tho, some people say that they're useless outside of a martial arts fight, and others maintain that they're applicable to street fights. Anyone got an opinion on this?

Fighting aside, I've found that a lot of the training has made me feel much healthier and its worked muscles and parts of my body that I never would have thought to use

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 8:19pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotze
    What got me interested was seeing some of the things the Shaolin monks did and how rigorous most of their training was

The place I go to know teaches 5 animal styles, snake, crane, tiger, leopard, and dragon. I've heard mixed reactions about animal styles tho, some people say that they're useless outside of a martial arts fight, and others maintain that they're applicable to street fights. Anyone got an opinion on this?

Fighting aside, I've found that a lot of the training has made me feel much healthier and its worked muscles and parts of my body that I never would have thought to use
    Generally they're useless, but then again it depends upon your teacher and how he's teaching you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2008 12:12pm

Style: Hop Gar/CLF/Balintawak

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

why I chose kung fu

I began martial arts training with the Japanese arts of judo and Shotokan karate. I eventually realized the root of these martial arts as being tied to Chinese martial practice prior to migration out of mainland China. In short I was interested in learning from the source. The added elements of learning TCM and other facets of Chinese cultural also made kung fu attractive. I did take a while longer to find a kung fu teacher that was more interested in teaching than $$, but I think I found one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 2:29am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i did because sifu showed me a combo that seemed to work against everything. than i fought a friend of mine. then i stopped taking wing chun.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/26/2008 10:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I chose kung fu, just cause I was hooked from watching kung fu flicks

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/28/2008 11:18am

staff
     Style: xingyi