Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 4:01pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Styles, Claims, Principles and Why Choose Kungfu

We've covered this to an extent in past, but I would like to make a dedicated CMA version. So here we go:

What are the specific principles of your style?

What abilities does your style claim to impart?

What is the average timeline for the development of those abilities?

The nerve! On what basis are you cheeky enough to be claim enough expertise to speak for your style?

Thanks!

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2007 2:40am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Repulsive Monkey
    We've covered this to an extent in past, but I would like to make a dedicated CMA version. So here we go:

The nerve! On what basis are you cheeky enough to be claim enough expertise to speak for your style?

Thanks!

Specific principals of our style? our style is based off 20 tactical principal, 5 elements and 1 motto "Did it work? Then shut up..." or rather "You can't argue with success.

abilities to impart??? What kinda fucking question is that? Through training you will find out what type of person you wish you could be, the type of person you think you are and the type of person you really are.

bwahaahahaha...Since I founded the system I guess I'm the one to talk about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 12:00pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thanks!
    I trained in hung gar for a year and a half.

Its popular for its tiger and crane aspect. But its much more than that, really.

In the real world, a crane dances around back straight and tosses stuff with a diet that changes according to its environment. A tiger ambushes, drives into its prey, takes it down and chokes it while pinning it with its mass.

I dont have any expertise on the style. When i wanted to bring form applications closer to what the animals actually do in real life in principle, i got brought down verbally by the sifu, so i switched. It was a good decision, because i wouldnt have managed single handedly to realize the principles technically without proper guidance anyways ( arrogant and dumb enough to think i could at the time though but it took a couple of blackbelt judokas to cement the point).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 12:31am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Since I founded the system I guess I'm the one to talk about it.
    You may have founded the system, but do you have your blackbelt certified by Sensei Porter and the USMAA?
    http://www.mararts.org/active/bbregister.shtml

DO YOU???

Tomas

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 2:03am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Drgon
    You may have founded the system, but do you have your blackbelt certified by Sensei Porter and the USMAA?
    http://www.mararts.org/active/bbregister.shtml

DO YOU???

Tomas

*slaps Tomas....

I don' t need no stinkin cetificate....

My TKD instructor did that and that's about the time when I started to disassociate myself with him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 2:38am

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chang Tien Temple Tiger Claw

Thanks!
    Chang Tien Temple Tiger Claw is Tibeten, I figure its close enough to China so here goes:

The style is primarily standup with takedowns and a limited ground game. The standup focuses on footwork and angles, much similar to what you would see in boxing. Getting in close for hip-on-hip contact is the main goal. The style doesn't really mess around with arms other than grabbing them to get them out of the way to manipulate the body at its core. There is a definite tiger mentality.

Two primary options for takedowns: (a) stabilize the lower body or apply leg chin-na and manipulate the upper body, or (b) stabilize the upper body and drop your knee, with all your weight, on their knee. This style likes to break things. Being a tiger claw style, skin and muscles are grabbed while throwing the person down. Then pulled up against their body weight as they fall. (Note, the claw isn't the palm-rake that you normally see).

The ground game is normally in the side mount in a kneeling position. The other person is typically rolled up onto the knees (in your lap). Ground positions are changed frequently. We have worked on rolling types of ground techniques a few times (aligator type rolling).

I've trained in the style off-and-on for 10 years, with various styles in between and a couple of years off in that period. The timeline for proficiency seems to be about 2-5 years, depending on how much you work it and how it is taught. Forms aren't really emphasized. Other than sparring and learning the style from fighters, I don't have any cage fighting experience. I've seen people rolled on their knees in a cage fight, however that was the only method from the tiger style that was used. The fight with the technique was pulled off of YouTube for some reason, otherwise I would post it.

Is that good enough for you? Do you want to know about some other styles that I know?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 3:00am

Style: Xing-Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thanks!
    Style: Xing Yi (Specifically: Hsu Hong-Chi/Chiao Chang-Hung/Tang Shou Tao lines)

Principles: Perfect body mechanics and structure at all time. Study of body mechanics and structure to determine the best places and best ways to hit.

Abilities: Um...not sure on this one. Difficult to move/root. Proper body movements.

Timeline: Different for some, but as an average student, basics in a couple years, increasing as you go, based on practice.

Cheeky Claim: Been studying for about 12 (some better than others) years, 3 different teachers, same line of XY.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    abilities to impart??? What kinda fucking question is that? Through training you will find out what type of person you wish you could be, the type of person you think you are and the type of person you really are.
    Since that little doohicky icon is no longer available in this forum, I have to say this:

Omega rocks! I like it.

His statement above is what I believe is the underlying basis as to why some legitimate hard core Kung Fu practitioners will still say Kung Fu isn't about fighting. But, they will point out the fighting within a Kung Fu training framework is merely the context in which to strive towards what Omega just said above.

Also, if you hear anyone talk about the 'completeness' of their style (and they are not a can or two short of a full case), Omega's statement above is also what I believe is the basis of such a claim, too. If you can get to the place where the quote above is revealed, the style would be considered a complete methodology regardless of the specifics of techniques or idealized ruleset involved in what they think is a 'fair fight'.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    2/23/2007 4:19pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I put my style's info on this thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51721

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 6:28pm

Style: Mei Hua Chuan/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thanks!
    Principles? To build a strong body/mind connection, to overcome opponents through outright force or redirection and control. To essentially destroy an enemy by breaking, crushing and committing as much damage as is possible.

Abilities? An able body/mind, progression of awareness and perception, a tougher body through extensive Iron Body training, skill in fighting gained through live drills and sparring, whether single or multiple opponents.

How long? 6 months for a basic usable understanding and skill level, of course longer to become adept but that goes for all things.

What basis? I am one of only three people certified to instruct my art, we're the only school of my system in the States.
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast