Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:03pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is a brolly?
    Also, sempaiman, that's just your average wapanese. There are much worse.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once met a Bujinkan instructor who would cross the road by doing 'commando rolls' when he was drunk.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a friend of mine likes to walk around spreading the gospel of Bruce Lee philosophies.

mainly the damn "be like water my friend" speech. he helps teach the kids classes from time to time and he always walks up and down the line of students like some colonel and puffs his chest out as he gives some more bullshit kung fu philosophy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 5:18pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was a teenager and thought that Karate was cool I went to the local Shotokan Karate class which has been established in the area since the 1960's - it was like something out of a freaky dystopian future where old men barked commands and young kids in white pyjamas slavishly followed every stupid order. The sight of 40 other teenagers in pyjamas doing upper blocks still haunts me.

Struck me also that there was a very creepy sado-masochistic element to the whole thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 5:35pm

Style: Uechi Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't met him persoanlly, but Coda Scott, I think is a cultist wack job.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:14pm

Style: bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brolly = umbrella.

Rolls across road when drunk, wonder if he stills does that or has he got an instructional video how to end up in a wheelchair?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 6:59pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To this day I don't know how I met this particular character who somehow knew my kung fu teacher but to make a long story short he hired me to fix his computer. Of course there's nothing wierd about that but he was one of those people who watch what you're doing the whole time (that drives me crazy), and after talking to him for a bit we got into the subject of prison. He told me he had spent some time in jail. I wish I could remember the name of the place but I remember looking it up and it was reserved for murderers and what not. Anyways, knowing I was into kung fu at the time he told me some stories about "jailhouse rock" and boxing in prison. I feigned interest and then he started showing me his machate set and then got his hand gun set out and offered to sell me one.

This may not sound that crazy but it was a very strange situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 7:08pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and another surreal thing I saw. Back when I took kung fu I was helping my instructor at a new school he just opened. A father and son pair showed up for the class, and the son (who looked to be about 25) had on a hat with marijuana leafs all over it. He looked like he was into more than weed.

Anyways, after class my instructor was talking to them and the father mentioned his son has had martial arts experience in the class. After that the son just randomly started throwing thrust kicks in the air like he had to prove something to us. Anyways, the more his father talked about his sons MA experience the crazier he got until he got into full blown, shitty shadow boxing complete with rolls and flailing arms. Needless to say I had a very difficult time stifling my laugh. After all that was done with the son started talking with me and told me he'd rather go to the local ninjitsu school since they practice more "eye pokes and stuff." I can't say I wasn't happy to see him leave.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 7:10pm

Style: bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know I'd be thinking what a crim used the gun for, that'd be creepy enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 7:18pm

Style: Bar Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was 12 I had a Tang So Do instructor who would have all these stupid ass training scenerios (sp?). This like "this is how you fight someone on horse back, here is how you stop someone with a knife in one hit, ect." He finally got busted for burglery after the home owner shot him a couple of times.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast