Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 5:53pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas
    I don't know if it counts as creepy but there was this one guy in my club who came a couple of times who wouldn't bow the normal way, it was the old chinese style bow that you see in kung fu movies. We were going through proper etiquette for a tournament on that particular day and how to bow, and he asked if his bowing was ok.

The instructor who is a small japanese man (but who can throw like a ************) informed him that it meant "Down with the Ting dynasty" or something to that effect. The kid looked like his entire reality had been shattered.

Damn sinophiles...
    If it is the raised index finger thing, a la Hung Gar, it measns down with the Ch'ing reinstate the ming, etc. He probably saw big trouble in little china. My old kung fu instructor told me that someone had business cards made up to sell Chinese weapons (wu shu/kung fu stuff) and the Chinese characters meant artillery, as in Cannon, etc. Dumbass...

Posted On:
    3/27/2007 5:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When we used to train Silat in my JKD class there was this guy Pete who was always bragging about his neuro-immunology class in undergrad. Anyway, I'd get paired up with him to do grappling and the dude never wore underwear. :eusa_sick

One day in particular we had to do a choke or something and somehow I ended up pinned under his leg staring at his freakin' crotch. It wouldn't have been so bad but the inside seam of his sweat pants had a huge hole in it! I still don't know how he managed to trap, box and kick in the earlier part of class with out "falling out!":new_Eyecr

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 2:34am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is just plain fucking wrong, damnit. Underwear is mandatory, and if it isn't, it freaking should be.

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 2:36am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cups and underwear. fucking northsouth with no cup...

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 6:20pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft
    That is just plain fucking wrong, damnit. Underwear is mandatory, and if it isn't, it freaking should be.
    It's one of those unsaid, but widely assumed social rules that some people just don't get. Even if they did make it a rule, how would they enforce it? By having your BJJ instructor walk around the room looking down everyone's pants?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 9:33pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train Bujinkan, so naturally, we get a lot of wankers. See, in Bujinkan, there are some dojos that never train alive, never non-compliant, and not even full-speed. They do everything slowly. Their strike-and-evasion drills look like interpretive dance, and they bring a bad name to Bujinkan. And, anyways, one of these dudes was visiting our dojo, so we start to train. When we train dodges, I punch him. That's what I've done all through my training. Punching when you're told to punch. The guy freaks out, can't dodge in time, gets hit. I don't go full force, we're just drilling, but come on! How is a dodge-and-counter drill supposed to help when you're not even dodging, your just stepping aside? Anyway, he decides to spar with me, and does everything slowly. It's really freaking weird. It's like fighting somebody trapped in slow motion.' Ugh, I hate Bujinkan wankers.

As far as creepy or weird... there is this MMA guy who trains at my wrestling gym. He's an ex-con, I know that, but I don't know much about him, he doesn't talk much. He seemed pretty normal for someone who'd done as much time as he did. I don't know exactly what he was convicted of, but he was in prison when I first came to the gym a few years back. He seemed pretty normal, just a bit reclusive.

But one day, as I'm leaving the gym, going to the train station, I see him buying a hot dog. I don't know exactly what was happening, but the guy at the hot dog stand gives him the hot dog, they talk for a bit, he gets this shocked expression on his face. Suddenly, out of noewhere, he roundhouse kicks the dude's head, bowls the stand over, and runs like a mo-fo. I stop in my tracks, just like... double you tee eff? This hot dog vendor is lying on the ground, completely disoriented, wondering why the Hell he just got round-house kicked in the head. Whatever he was charging for those hot dogs must've been pretty hefty.

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 12:14am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid
    cups and underwear. fucking northsouth with no cup...
    Groin choke FTW!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 7:06pm

Style: Tenchu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uri Shatil
    I train Bujinkan, so naturally, we get a lot of wankers. See, in Bujinkan, there are some dojos that never train alive, never non-compliant, and not even full-speed. They do everything slowly. Their strike-and-evasion drills look like interpretive dance, and they bring a bad name to Bujinkan.
    Seriously?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2007 4:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Choy Li Fut, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creepiest cat I ever met was a five animal kung fu teacher named Tony. He was an ex Green Beret in the Army, and didn't have a dojo. We trained in his yard, he had us doing lots of crazy exercises, like swinging a 8-foot 3 inch thick chain over our heads like a helicopter blade with one hand for five minutes. If it hit the ground (and it did) he piled it up on our stomachs and dropped a 15 pound weight on it five times. We also had to run a mile with a brick over our heads. His theory was to break you down physically to the point of exhaustion and then do a bit of kung fu, full contact sparring as well with no pads. Tough as hell but made me tough as nails too.
    One night, someone spraypainted his van with the words FAG all over it. For two weeks he slept outside with his sharpened Dahn Do and would seriously have cut the bastard up if he came back.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213