Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 3:12pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Creepiest martial artist you ever met...

Now, I'm not talking about a celebrity, but someone that you knew, who was well, creepy because of the way the trained, beliefs etc. I worked with a guy named Klinton, who would read those inside kung fu books by Douglas Wong, and used to beat up his girl friend. He was an ex convict (sliced some guys face up), and a coke head. Because he was a company man, the hotel I worked at let him go to rehab at least 4 times. They liked him driving a wedge in between the workers, because they hated the union so much. He looked exceptionally fit for a coke fiend ( very cut and buffed) and actually punched some guy on the job, and didn't get fired. He and his wigger girl friend broke up and he harassed her, so she got the cops. He cried when they cuffed him with special cuff's designed for Krotty guys. This was in the 80's, so Bullshido was in full force.
    Last edited by new2bjj; 2/02/2007 3:14pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 4:02pm

Style: bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah we had a bloke a bit like that, he admitted to others at trianing that he was taking coke & tell us his name (Brenton) meant white maori ninja warrior prince and that if we dropped his name on the "street" we'd get money from undisclosed persons.

He had carelessly thrown his uke into another person and their heads collided hard enough to put 'em both out of training for the night and had threatened people out in the street after overhearing their conversation and as they walked of gave a vague warning to them "you know my name".

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 4:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn! A psycho- I've seen a few of those. We had a guy, really sad and not funny, that started walking around carrying a live bunny in his arms after he was put out of our school. It was really kind of depressing. Also, at least one of the old Bok Fu guys I knew went crackers during a meeting or something.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 5:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are the hand cuffs designed for krotty guys?

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 5:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen them, but I understand they are more constricting then the usual type. This was 20 years ago, so, for all I know, they might have told him that, just to cool him off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 6:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Damn! A psycho- I've seen a few of those. We had a guy, really sad and not funny, that started walking around carrying a live bunny in his arms after he was put out of our school. It was really kind of depressing. Also, at least one of the old Bok Fu guys I knew went crackers during a meeting or something.
    Wasn't trying to take over the world was he? perhaps it was an evil bunny?

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 8:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IT wasn't all that funny at the time, though, I guess, when I retell it, it could sound like doctor evil or something. I'm shocked, with all the weirdo's I have met in MA's, that there wasn't more postings.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Years ago when I was boxing there was this crazy guy who used to pop into the gym on occasion and want to spar all the heavyweights. He used to get jacked up on speed before he showed up (it was easy to tell). The guy wasn't a very good boxer but he had a good build and, obviously, being on crank made him very determined. Sometimes he was alright, other times he was a complete knob. He would come around and then disappear for months. I never sparred with him because I was only about 165 lbs back then and he was only there to take on the 'big guys'.
    Anyways, we used to have a rule about guys just walking in off the street. The coaches insisted that you come to at least two sessions, even if you had been there before, before they let you spar to avoid idiocy and injuries..so this guy gets told to come back, he says ok and next time he shows up he wants to spar. He is again told no, well, he gets all ornery telling us all how he will see us in the parking lot etc. etc. finally this guy Dave and one of the coaches tells this guy to get out and he refuses.
    To make a long story short, this guy put up quite a fight but was eventually dragged up the stairs and out into the parking lot. Then Dave duked it out with him and busted his nose, police were called etc.
    I just stood and watched the whole thing. I still see the guy once in a while, he has lost a lot of weight and looks like hell now.
    Far from being a 'martial artist' ..but that is one of the weirdest guys I ever met in a training environment.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 2:01pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have been doing Martial Arts for any length of time you run into the White American who want to be Japanese. He does his hair like a Samurai and begins to talk like a Japanese American (skipping the "a's" and the's", etc). He dresses weird (no shoes, even in winter) and bows to everybody for no reason. These guys just freak me out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2007 2:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow I haven't met that sort yet, but on my way home from work 'bout midnight one night I did have some crazy walk up to me and say "what would you do if I cut your head off with a sword". I suppose 'cos it was raining and I was carrying a large brolly, not exactly a martialist story though.
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast