Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 5:16am

Style: Arnis, BJJ, Judo (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think this guy is going to be another "toby".

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 6:05am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrslbrt
    You are misinterpreting a little statement about a noob icon, and making this huge deal about it. So yes, that is very childish. 2, you put me under #6, so technically your not calling me a fuckwit, but your inciting it. Upset and pissed are 2 different things. Pissed is "Fucking gay ass noob icon. I hate this website. I want to leave. Why am I still here...." What I said was merely my disposition on the noob icon. But whatever. This arguement is stupid. So what I called the icon childish? You people are so sensitive. Get over it.
    The biggest contribution you could make to this website would be by your absence
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 8:28am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and you are all pissed over an icon that will disappear.

Yep, instead of posting away, to your hearts content, then watching it disappear, you whine about an icon.

Oh and you never answered my initial question.

If all of these rules are "obvious," why did you fly off the handle about a noob Icon.

Remember, you said "retarded," "grow up," and "childish." Those comments are very straightforward. There is nothing there to be misinterpreted.

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 8:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^this is a great thread, its like being shown the rules set for a fight then getting a good demo of it straight away. Thank you dumbass n00b!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 9:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm probably going to get trashed for this, but as a noob myself, I've seen veterans of this site in violation of said rules of the road that are deemed obvious. I've tried to tread carefully in my posts understanding my own situation here, but I notice some people think having "sponsor," "supporting member," or otherwise next to their name gives them the right to be a twit. Maybe it does, but then again, I am just a noob.
    Last edited by scanz; 9/04/2008 9:07am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 9:08am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scanz
    I'm probably going to get trashed for this, but as a noob myself, I've seen veterans of this site in violation of said rules of the road that are deemed obvious. I've tried to tread carefully in my posts understanding my own situation here, but I notice some people think having "sponsor," "suppporting member," or otherwise next to their name gives them the right to be a twit. Maybe it does, but then again, I am just a noob.
    Then break it down like I did. Until then, it is all just chatter.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 9:22am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Then break it down like I did. Until then, it is all just chatter.
    I understand your suggestion. I don't know that it provides any value to do so, and in fact, probably just further derails the OPs thread by getting into a pissing contest with someone who has seemingly no interest in talking about anything substantial. As an example, I've actually witnessed a page worth of someone picking apart the grammatical aspects of a guy's last post because he didn't think he was measured: "credible martial artist." In those cases, I prefer to ignore such remarks because it's not worth the time, and it's not respectful to the guy trying to pose a question or start a valid discussion.

That being said, It may be endless chatter in other threads (my point above), but since this thread is dedicated to "what not to do, for newbs" and there are so many people piling on, I thought it prudent to point out the inconsistency.

Thanks for reading.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 9:35am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh grammatical/semantics war. That's going on right now on both sides. Currently the noob is arguing "upset" and "pissed" are two completely different things.

This is a thread about rules, how is discussing infractions derailing the OP?

I prefer to ignore such remarks because it's not worth the time, and it's not respectful to the guy trying to pose a question or start a valid discussion.
    I understand but then again, why bring it up if it isn't worth your time? There is an issue discuss it and see what happens.

I'm probably going to get trashed for this, but as a noob myself, I've seen veterans of this site in violation of said rules of the road that are deemed obvious.
    The reason this is coming up is it isn't as obvious as you think. I'm arguing it isn't obvious.

Hell, you have no clue how many rules have changed. I have watched veterans, supporting members, and sponsors get temp bans for not follwing "obvious" rules.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 9:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not sure I was clear before. It does matter to me and I bring it up here because it is the proper forum. When in someone's post about "possible applications for Tai Chi" (as a hypothetical example only), I don't think that is the place. I think we're on the same page and I'm glad to know that the rules apply to everyone - not just noobs.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/04/2008 10:16am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, you know I agree on that thread, that was ridiculous.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast