Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:20am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Define it for us, hotshot. Or are you suddenly too good for anal play?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Repulsive Monkey
    Define it for us, hotshot. Or are you suddenly too good for anal play?
    I'm not too good for it, but I'm not gonna try and write out some kind of definition. This week, however, me and Kat will be posting an indepth video on the jab... or at least give it a shot. We would've done it last week but we weren't able to make it to the gym :(
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 1:30am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool. Looking forward to it.

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 2:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Repulsive Monkey
    Kung fu has racked up a lot of victories in san shou. The ruleset may not be as broad as MMA, but it is unquestionably a legitimate venue. The fact that you're not aware of that probably means that you shouldn't be posting here.
    Please name some of these guys who are pure kung fu, with no sanda or sports training.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 2:59am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say that the only Kung Fu that is functional comes from the San Da. Those guys got it right. Take out everything you cant spar with, and spar with what you have left. Sounds good tom me. Of course it doesnt even remotley look like Kung Fu kata. I dont see anything wrong with Kung Fu guys claiming Kung Fu when they do San Da training. I do mind people who do Wing Chun, Shaolin or Southern Praying Mantis pointing at the San Da guys going "see, it works!"

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 3:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanda training has far more to do with kickboxing and wrestling than any kung fu. If we were debating how to attain credibility for sanda then there would be no argument from me, but if my understanding of the OP is correct we were talking about kung fu.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 5:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For Kung Fu to start winning MMA matches and stuff? Probably not happening.

Can they incorporate a lot of alive drilling? Probably. Wear a cup, mouthpiece,closed headgear, hogu and such on one guy. Other guy has no gear(maybe a cup and mouthpiece). Then do some drilling using Kung Fu techniques. Of course it can't be all out sparring but the defender (not geared up) can use lots of kung fu stuff like palms, eye gouges, groin kicks, etc. Kind of like bulletman stuff I've seen.

I can't see kung fu guys winning MMA but like I said lots of alive drilling replacing dead patterns would help a lot.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 6:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I do not qualify any linear, lead hand punch as being a jab. I'm very anal about how people define a jab. It's one of those things that really grinds my gears.
    Well here's my unstated point.

It's a kind of a pointless irrelevant thing that the "jab" was never in CMA. I couldn't give **** all about a boxer's jab. Even TODAY there is no beng quan in boxing, no Baji Jingangshi in any western striking art outside of china and no pao, zuan or heng. There is no proper shoulder slamming outside of China and.....Canada actually (think hockey fights) and a dozen other things so what's the fucking point of "there's no jab in CMA"? There's a lead leg stepping on your shin when you try that jab or a kick to the midsection. So basically I just look at the use of the technique rather than the details. If you ask, "Is there a comparable technique that accomplishes the same thing?" then yes. There are dozens.

So **** off on that point even if it's legit (all it says is that you are anal which is kind of weird for a chick) and BTW I am Omar but I don't really give a **** about the MMA/MT crowd like I used to so pardon my french. I'm mostly only planning to post on the monkey's subforum.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 6:16am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Please name some of these guys who are pure kung fu, with no sanda or sports training.
    Liokault who used to post here has held british amateur San Shou titles with only Tai Chi training.

If you want to define 'sports' or 'san da' training as training involving hard sparring, then kung fu has always included 'sports' and 'san da' training.

This topic has been beaten to death in other threads.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/05/2007 6:17am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    For Kung Fu to start winning MMA matches and stuff? Probably not happening.

Can they incorporate a lot of alive drilling? Probably. Wear a cup, mouthpiece,closed headgear, hogu and such on one guy. Other guy has no gear(maybe a cup and mouthpiece). Then do some drilling using Kung Fu techniques. Of course it can't be all out sparring but the defender (not geared up) can use lots of kung fu stuff like palms, eye gouges, groin kicks, etc. Kind of like bulletman stuff I've seen.

I can't see kung fu guys winning MMA but like I said lots of alive drilling replacing dead patterns would help a lot.
    Sparring was not invented by Matt Thornton. Kung Fu training has involved sparring for centuries.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast