Sponsored Links Spacer Image

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 4:06pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Yeah, I thought it might be a long shot.

I think the best bet is probably getting this thread (or one similar) as high as possible on google.
    That's a long shot as well, CKD's pretty established as a martial art, despite, strangely, not being a martial art. This would have to be the mother of all mega-threads to get on the first page.

But just in case it still works:

CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do CKD choi kwang do suck my balls

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 4:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** on a stick, I just realized what we're up against. Page after page of CKD schools come up on Google. I picked one at random and this is the first thing I find:
    Facts About Choi Kwang-Do
    from Chief Instructor Michael Mortell

Choi Kwang-Do prides itself on being the most powerful and most advanced martial art in the world. Every movement the students learns has been field tested and proven to work, regardless of practitioner.

Never thought that you could be a powerful black belt martial arts practitioner? YOU CAN! Trust me when I say that within each person lies the power for personal success. You just need confidence in your abilities to bring this out.

You don't have to be some kind of superathlete to learn and benefit from Choi Kwang-Do. Choi training develops the body, mind and spirit in a fun, exciting and safe environment.
    That little gem is from http://www.crosstrainpt.com/CKD/

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 4:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus fucking christ.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 4:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By "most powerful and most advanced" they mean...what, exactly? "Most misrepresented?" "Most delusional students?"
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 4:37pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, **** like this is why I hate CKD almost above any other art

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just popped this one off to that lot as well.
    Hi, I have a query about "Choi Kwang-Do prides itself on being the most powerful and most advanced martial art in the world. Every movement the students learns has been field tested and proven to work, regardless of practitioner."
    That's a quote from your homepage. I was just what empirical evidence has demonstrated your martial art to be the most powerful and advanced.
    Further, what form did the field testing take?

Sincerely, {my name}
    Does that sound too sarky? Not that I care.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 4:38pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, sounds pretty balanced to me!

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 4:56pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    That little gem is from http://www.crosstrainpt.com/CKD/
    Maybe someone can figure out what this means:
    Principles of modern science, derived from psychology, kinesiology, and biomechanics is more often based on mysticism, impractical traditional techniques, or sports competition
    http://www.crosstrainpt.com/CKD/about.htm

modern science=mysticism and biomechanics=impractical traditional techniques?
    And war is peace and slavery is freedom I guess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 5:12pm

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    "proven to be the most effective MA in the world" is a false claim, pure and simple, and I'd love to make them eat their words. But my legal-fu is weak.
    The claim is also very annoying. The only thing more annoying than claims like that is the students that actually believe that crap. The way I look at it, you have one of two approaches. You can talk to them in a polite manner and express how unhappy you are with the claim. You could also ask them if they want to spar and demonstrate your superior skill (you might want to heal up before you do that).

Either way, they are likely to politely ask you to leave, resulting in no changes.

I wonder if a lot of people writing letters would get them to stop that silly claim.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands

I wonder if a lot of people writing letters would get them to stop that silly claim.
    It would be just super if it wasn't just me sending these 'queries', but everyone who reads the thread.

It's easy: Google Choi Kwang Do, pick a school or 3, ask them to substantiate their claims. Paste them the url of this thread.
    I'd love to hear a response here from someone high-ish up in CKD.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast