Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we have March as "CKD sucks" month?

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with one thing,, martial arts doesn't stand for combat, but when someone claims to teach real life self defense with out contact is teaching harmful truth.. Now for that said. I am going on 32 years in martial arts. so i think earned the respect to post whats true and not.. the one thing is i will never lie and i know what works and doesn't. We all as martial artiest have to be very carefull on what we say. I always feel that if the art your in is making you happy then go for it.. but we need to be aware of false teachings because it can really hurt us.. Now i was very lucky to have trained in a family line very old fashioned and got the whole package in training. so in conclusion I'm not in those classes so i don't know for sure,,I'm just concerned on what said on those websites.. And for Oncelost. I'm not talking about the board of that federation. but of a different board.. in korea, wich i can not give you that info. with out permision from them ok thank you ....junlee

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear mr. Once lost do you live in korea. if you do that would be great. i can talk to you more private about this issue..

jun lee

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The self-defence applications are so laughable it is not even funny.
    What self defense applications?

Jun Lee, I do not live in Korea (ignore what it says under my avatar for the moment: inside joke). So, you're checking with someone about something, but you're not allowed to tell us what or who??
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:16am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leejun
    I agree with one thing,, martial arts doesn't stand for combat
    Martial Arts is a mistranslation of what should have been Warrior Skills. Being korean, you can probably correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "warrior skills" the more technically correct translation of MuSul which shares the same hanja as the chinese WuShu and japanese BuJutsu? It is because of this mistranslation that people get all into saying, "But it's an art too." This is true, but not art like painting or drawing. Martial arts are a system of combat, plain and simple. A system can claim to be a MARTIAL art all it wants, but if it's not teaching some method of applicable combat (shitty or not) then it's just a set of skills for some other purpose be it health and fitness or whatever.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair play hannibal. As with a few other guys on the site who don't write like meatheads I can agree with a fair amount of that

You're right, I enjoy my training, and am open minded to what CKD teaches, as well as oher arts. I dont believe it's a joke, or as much as other styles mentioned on this site because, as a health professional (sorry to harp on) the validated research into movement that I have seen first hand is really impressive. Thats an unbiased opinion. I'm anon on here and have no reason to big up CKD.

Anyway, look, I'm always looking to learn and progress so if any of you guys can recommend styles that aren't gonna eff up my knees and elbows any more please advise.

May I end this debate once and for with this. "CKD is not a sport or competitive martial art and the schools I know of in the UK do NOT claim it to be the best martial art in the world, just good fun and doesnt eff up your body" Think if anyone has a problem with the hyperbole thats being spouted by Hq then they should take it up with www.choikwangdo.com because thats where it all starts.

cheers all

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:20am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't this nice?

Maybe we should take this up with the Sutton CKD guy, I bet he'll love to post here.

Ralph Allison was it?
    Last edited by Red Sauce; 2/14/2007 11:22am at . Reason: off topic rant about some total homo

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:23am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal MAP
    Can we have March as "CKD sucks" month?
    man you've just let yourself down.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jun Lee, got your comment - no, I didn't take it as you being angry. I didn't realize there was a Korean board that overseas all internal martial arts instructors and Korean martial arts instructors teaching aboard. I will admit to a high level of ignorance here, but that seems unlikely to me (thus why I didn't know about it).

Nukins, I think that is an excellent summary and I doubt anyone here would have a problem with CKD if they removed "self defense" from their sales pitch.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 11:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nutkins... I have no idea what goes on behind the doors of ckd ....i'm only stateing from what was said on the website... I just want people to be very careful between whats real and whats not... and how did i let my self down,, i must not be very good at this forum thing. So i'm sorry Mr. Nutkins if you mis understood me.. Just train hard and have fun Life is too short for all of this.. I just worry about the martial arts these days and now i understand what my father taught me would happen. Jun lee This will be my last post.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast