Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok i gues i need to explain my self again,, I believe in all martial arts. but if there is a school that claims that they can train affective self defense without contact, there is something wrong. but if its a great place to go and work out ...great.. but if people get the wrong idea of self-defense, they can be hurt in real life.. So let me say one more time. With out learning basic skills of getting hit. your body will not react the same as if your were trained to get hit.. its impossible... even the toughest men and women in the world would have adifferent reaction. if they were taught how to get hit.. So for the people that don't understand me i'm sorry,, my english is bad, so i wanted to be clear... i don't agree with the statements of that website.. But i believe its not what the korean master wanted someone to write about him.. I know of him and if he did, i would be surprised...

Jun Lee

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, Just to let you know what i did, I e-mailed one of the directors of the board in korea, i will know tomorrow whats going with this master, I only know of him, but i don't know him. but i will get to the bottom of it... I went to one of the his websites and it is different website to website i go... So i will get back to you guys tomorrow on this matter.. it is about 2:00 am here in korea..

Jun Lee

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you mind copying the email you sent him and providing a link to the website? Thanks a bunch.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:25am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what we have established is that CKD is crap for self-defence but an OK workout.

So it is like Tae-Bo then...except not as hard a workout. So it is actually WORSE than Tae-Bo! (check my math - is flawless)

CKD<SD (self-defence)
    TB<SD
    CKD=WO (workout)
    TB=HWO (harder workout)
    HWO>WO

therefore

TB>CKD

Quad Erat Demonstrandum!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Sauce
    Listen, I have some words for you buddy:

Splinter Group = You might have t3h real CKD!

You heard it from me first, got it?
    Man, you're reading my mind! Think CKD has alot going for it, that I believe ALL martial artists can learn from, like simple sequential movements/ bio mechanics. I know what I'm talking about as I'm a senior health professional, trust me, BUT, also a few too many flaws to quote this "most advanced" stuff.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CKD offers nothing that cannot be found better elsewhere. It is martial arts posing as exercise.

The self-defence applications are so laughable it is not even funny.

I still stand by my formula

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal MAP
    CKD offers nothing that cannot be found better elsewhere. It is martial arts posing as exercise.

The self-defence applications are so laughable it is not even funny.

I still stand by my formula
    One thing it offers is open mindedness to change, something I found was desperately needed in TKD. I feel as someone that has practiced CKD and a tradional art to black belt standard I'm in a position to make a valid comment.
    The techniques (if you've ever seen Granmaster Choi) are fast and powerful, HOWEVER, again I'll say the contact issue does make it diffcult to call it a martial art.

Splinter group here I come ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They never specified exactly what they were most effective in, so I assume what they're trying to say is that they're the world's most effective at sucking...

But that claim may also be false. I mean they've got some serious competition from no touchers, black dragon nijiots and coda's crew just to name a few.

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkins
    One thing it offers is open mindedness to change, something I found was desperately needed in TKD. I feel as someone that has practiced CKD and a tradional art to black belt standard I'm in a position to make a valid comment
    A laudable theory....but yet the art itself is not open to such change which renders the concept mootAs a former "tradder" myself I can also offer comment - I remember the "CKD invasion" in all the U.K. mags (MAI being the biggest culprit) and even at the time I thought "bollocks". I saw the Grandmaster show off some off the revolutionary techniques....it was a feint followed by a hook. This was on a "showcase" video too. It just looked like very sloppy kickboxing that was only working because it was against your average TKD muppet.More years than I care to remember later it is even worse, clinging to rhetoric and hyperbole that it simply cannot back up with any empirical data or evidence.If you enjoy it for what it is (and it sounds like you do) good for you. But to claim it can offer lots to other styles is nonsense. The concept of cross-training has evolved so much in the past few years that CKD is not even worthy of a footnote. It is only of partial significance if you have a korean style base. For anyone else it is just another example of bullshido

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 10:53am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The pictures of the little girl are absolutely ridiculous. That is bullshit of the highest order.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast