Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:36am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanucKyokushin
    Phrost that thoese were questions for the original faq Plasma started.How it ended up as a thread here I don't know.

I moved it to this thread because I wanted to clean up the FAQ thread. I figure any questions about the FAQ or additions can go here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 1:16pm

Style: judo&kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like this I've ben away for a while with other matters.
    I am looking for access to Okinawian Katas seems what I was practicing with an independant club on Vancouver Island wasn't exactly in sink with watch the Shotokan influanced clubs where doing. Not that I care what others where doing nor what we were doing but I 'm just to stuborn to change from that base.
    Origins of the club are from Chile My sensie was a student of Arturo Petit Almonte

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 2:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm currently taking combat hapkido. However, I'll be leaving the area in the next year and am considering taking up Judo in my new location. I've read alot of arguments that it is a very affective method of self defense, but I've also heard counter arguments saying that too many of the techniques rely on grabbing your opponent's Gi to be street effective. Just looking for some knowlegable feedback. Thanks alot

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 2:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_543
    I'm currently taking combat hapkido. However, I'll be leaving the area in the next year and am considering taking up Judo in my new location. I've read alot of arguments that it is a very affective method of self defense, but I've also heard counter arguments saying that too many of the techniques rely on grabbing your opponent's Gi to be street effective. Just looking for some knowlegable feedback. Thanks alot
    Dude... a gi is quite like clothes. Lots of folk wear clothes. Lots of folk can be thrown into the hard, unforgiving concrete. Cue red stains.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    4/24/2007 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Unless you live in a tropical climate year round, I'm guessing you've heard of a thing called a jacket.

In the northern climes they are quite common.

Sweatshirts work well too.

lighter shirts work, but usually only once or twice.

So do it right the first time.

If you live in the tropics, then go join the BJJ Jihad (no Gi Sect)
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Posted On:
    5/10/2007 11:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, Aikijiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's ways to adapt and use techniques regardless of what your opponent is wearing. Also, like it's been mentioned, most clothes work just fine for techniques. They just tend to tear under too much force.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12