--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Much Money for Mediocre Martial arts

I found a website that is either one of two things;

1. An online shop where the arts of the McDojo can be aquired
    2. An online shop where aspiring McDojo owners go to be ripped off
    The link is http://www.small-dojo-big-profits.com/

Its intro
    Learn How to Profit $100,000 Per Year in Your Martial Art School... Without Selling Out!
    No matter your current situation, the "Small Dojo, Big Profits" Manual will guide you by the hand, step-by-step to show you exactly how to achieve martial arts business success - read on to find out how...

The site states it can make Dojo owners rich with less students and higher prices. What the site offers:
    Find out how to start your own martial art school with zero money and no credit
    How you can earn more money in your studio with less students (and less headaches!)
    How you can make $297,000 per year with less than 250 students
    Find out how you can make $70,000 a year working 25 hours a week or less
    The secrets to end your student recruitment frustrations for good
    The easiest methods to increase your retention and attract better students into your martial art school
    Sure fire methods that will make you the recognized expert on the martial arts in your area
    What the big billing companies are not telling you… you’ll be shocked when you read this!
    How to avoid costly mistakes that can ruin your business
    Understanding the risks that are threatening your martial art school – and how to protect yourself from them
    How to drastically reduce or even eliminate your payroll

My reasoning behind posting this is simple. If people start McDojo's its pretty bad for those sucked in and those trying to compete honestly and who have something to offer. Its a damn sight worse when people start McDojos and actively recruit or convince others that brightly coloured belts and flashy moves are the way to make a fast buck.

On the other hand it could be another internet scam promising things it just cant deliver such as "Become Superman in just 5 days!" Which although is pretty low, it could be argued that ripping potential McDojo runners off is a good thing and this may prevent them from succeeding.

The site is run by
    "Michael D. Massie" Author - "Small Dojo, BIG Profits"
    His guarentee hes not a con artist goes along the lines of "Its ok im a martial artist, just like you!"

NOTE: Im unsure as to whether this is valid. If it has already been posted I used the search function and got a total of 0 direct hits on the guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 8:05pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you hate it when the first response in your virgin thread is something completely irrevelent?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 9:57pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I instantly recognized this guy and his school from another thread here.

Jason Heriford, Guru
    American Martial Arts Academy

"I have really been loving your book! It has resolved a lot of confusion for us. You break all the basics down into simple language and usable material. You also seem to have completely eliminated the need for huge marketing companies, billing companies, etc. Thanks for putting things into perspective."

poser

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 10:16pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    IOn the other hand it could be another internet scam promising things it just cant deliver such as "Become Superman in just 5 days!" Which although is pretty low, it could be argued that ripping potential McDojo runners off is a good thing and this may prevent them from succeeding.
    It's kind of like the self-help **** that people do. The poor saps pay thousands to go to seminars that can supposedly teach you how to make millions in a year, yet they end up screwed becasue they quit their job to start an online counterfeit sock drawer business and, because it's about self-help, they blame themselves for not trying hard enough.

Unless of course this is how that Steven (?) Oliver guy got big.

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 3:08pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pariah
    I instantly recognized this guy and his school from another thread here.

Big suprise there. I wonder if they taught him that 12 year old senseis in photoshopped glamour pics would get him more business.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 7:14pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fang Shen Do and Seafood Jacques Patenaude must be involved in this somehow.

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 8:12pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they follow Tony Robbins, and no, since this particular business model doesn't care about franchising.