Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    By the way ojgsxr6...whats the visibility like with the helmet? Does it fog up easy? is the plastci easy to see out of?
    Truthfully, I don't know. The visibility seems ok, but I haven't really fought in one. I just put one on and got headbutted, and learned to headbutt the Daido Juku way. The plastic seems to be far enough away from your mouth the it shouldn't fog up too much.

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 3:59pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can someone post a link of a good japanese lanuage pack i can download?

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 4:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can the plastic take a good strong straight punch? Or a Knee? And how does the actual headgear measure up compared to boxing headgear?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 4:49pm

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Visibility when using as a play space helmet, it did not fog. Wandering through my house shooting everyone with a rubberband gun and randomly headbutting things the vision remained clear.

It is weird though. The mask forces your mouth shut. You cannot open you mouth easily when wearing it. It fits around your jaw line. Its nice beuase it forces you to breathe through you nose, but I have a cold.

I do not see this thing breaking. I hit my fridge, my brother's shoulder, my dog, front door (steel wrapped wood). No cracks or nothing.

It is really fun. But I would not pay the ridiculoous price for it. I got it for my birthday so its still cool. Just not $150 shipped cool. Also, I got mine in white but I wish I had gotten it in red.
    Last edited by rsobrien; 1/31/2007 4:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 2:37am

Style: etc

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL at headbutting the dog.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 4:53am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had the whole "mouth held closed" problem with the helmet of the FIST suit we use for our more intense self-defense seminars. I remedied the problem by buying a mouthguard with airholes. Breathing through the nose is great, but there's only so long I could stay active in the FIST suit without the extra air.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 1:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Daido juku Kudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive been knee'd, punched, kicked, elbowed, stomped, faceplanted, headbutted, roundhouse kicked and choked out in the helmet. I think the plastic could only break if someone went for you with a sledgehammer or something. It fogs up really fast though, if youre not sweating and your body temperature is normal (ie. not during training) you can comfortably breathe through your mouth. Just wait 'til some vapor builds up and then it wont take you 10 breaths before you see nothing but fog. Thats why you have to breathe through your nose as much as you can, which is good seeing that breathing through the nose calms you down faster than through the mouth. And for the problem with the cold, I always keep 'Otrivin' nasal spray in my bag, works wonders and you get to look like a junkie before every fight :P.

The helmet protects your face perfectly.. I literally dont mind running into jabs facefirst because of the protective glass (of course thats a habit I have to quit sometime in the future :S). If the opponent lands one on your jawline or temple or the back of your head where there is minimal protection, youll be out cold in an instant. It protects less from knockouts than the standard olympic boxing helmets, because its not as thick and its connected to your jawline very firmly. We also wear mouthguards that add to the tightness of the helmet. Its also a little easier to avoid getting choked out because its easier to tuck your chin in and its difficult for him to slide his hand under the huge helmet. He'll end up grabbing your Gi and choking you anyway.. but thats if he's not the type to go for teh nekkid choke as soon as he sees the back of your head.

I still think the helmet is awesome, because when I was in MMA (BJJ/Muay Thai/Kyokushin) we could only truly spar full on rarely because of all the injuries. With the space mask you can practice all the techniques full on and not f*cking get blood in your eye. So you basically get more out of training. I would prefer to fight without a helmet if it were a serious situation or an important league fight. You just feel more aware of your surroundings without it.

I believe Kudo will also be the first martial art to have competitions on the moon and maybe even be the first intergalactic hand-to-hand combat style xD !!

Yes, we are training to counter the alien invasion.

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 2:32am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have about four in my karate club.

I don't know if they are the same kind as Axelton however.

Pretty much, you CAN breath, it's a transparent plastic cage at the front. The top is alot like 'boxers' head gear.

You still feel the blows.

Grappling with it is annoying, as in you can't slip your your head out if your in a guillotine or something.

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 2:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.canbox.ca has one.

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 2:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast