Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2007 4:28pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dojo Search

Please excuse this thread's apparent misplacement, and yes I used search and viewed the Dojo Reviews. The problem with the reviews is they are sorted by name not location and are not easily searchable.

I am curious about quality places to train in the White Plains, NY area. I am used to Tomiki Aikido but am fairly certain there is no dojo for that style in the area. I noted Aikido of Westchester was a possibility. I am also curious about reasonable BJJ/MMA schools that do not mind out of shape individuals new to MMA training. Thanks.

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 3:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that is still a work in progress as we slowly flesh it out to include more schools.
    I don't think any of those schools will mind newcomers out of shape.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 3:12pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NasalInfection
    Please excuse this thread's apparent misplacement, and yes I used search and viewed the Dojo Reviews. The problem with the reviews is they are sorted by name not location and are not easily searchable.

I am curious about quality places to train in the White Plains, NY area. I am used to Tomiki Aikido but am fairly certain there is no dojo for that style in the area. I noted Aikido of Westchester was a possibility. I am also curious about reasonable BJJ/MMA schools that do not mind out of shape individuals new to MMA training. Thanks.
    I take it Aikido isnt a very strenuous work out?

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 3:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless it's a new take on the name, Tomiki Aikido actually competes (gasp)...for what it's worth, of course.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 9:04pm

Style: Aikido/Judo/BJJ/Naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This place has Shodokan Aikido, BJJ, Kyokushin, and MMA. I've never had the chance to check it out, but it looks like a veritable martial arts goldmine.

http://www.stormingmountain.com/index.html