226268 Bullies, 4299 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 28 of 28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. vinhthekid is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,944

    Posted On:
    2/06/2007 7:07am


     Style: BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the one thing that people haven't noticed yet is that this provides a venue for low weight fighters. their golden boy, he peng, is only 60kg... which means that fighters like me, who fight naturally at 130 or less actually have a shot to make it somewhere.
  2. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    2/06/2007 11:35am


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid
    the one thing that people haven't noticed yet is that this provides a venue for low weight fighters. their golden boy, he peng, is only 60kg... which means that fighters like me, who fight naturally at 130 or less actually have a shot to make it somewhere.
    I also noticed this. I have already told some people that are interested that are heavier guys that the likelihood that they will hear back from this organization is not good. I think anybody of 185 lbs is going to have difficulty getting fights there.

    The good news is a lot of guys that can't really compete at 155 lbs here in the U.S. have somewhere they can go.
  3. vinhthekid is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,944

    Posted On:
    2/06/2007 2:32pm


     Style: BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yea. i want to fight, but i'm a natural 120-130. there is literally no place where I can fight in the United States consistently. forget money. but this promotion actually has or seems to have a chance of going somewhere... giving the little guys a chance to shine.
  4. HANKtheTANK is offline
    HANKtheTANK's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,177

    Posted On:
    2/07/2007 5:17pm


     Style: Systema & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    havent read everything on here, yet...will do so later
    but I remember reading last year that Miletich opened up a school there.....!

    about time ppl cashed in on one of the most over-populated countries in the world...they're bound to stumble upon some tough mofos eventually

    I've always wondered about when i would hear about mma in china. havent been back since 96. would love to go there and see what level they're at.
  5. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    2/07/2007 7:55pm


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    havent read everything on here, yet...will do so later
    but I remember reading last year that Miletich opened up a school there.....!

    about time ppl cashed in on one of the most over-populated countries in the world...they're bound to stumble upon some tough mofos eventually

    I've always wondered about when i would hear about mma in china. havent been back since 96. would love to go there and see what level they're at.

    Go to the website linked above, they have an english page. There are videos of fights on their website those will give you a good indication of their current level.
  6. vinhthekid is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,944

    Posted On:
    2/08/2007 2:56pm


     Style: BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    which is, relative to k1-heroes and shooto, not that high.
  7. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    2/08/2007 3:32pm


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid
    which is, relative to k1-heroes and shooto, not that high.
    I wouldn't even rate them as high as K1 Heroes or Shooto. I've seen amateur shows with more talent than some of the guys in those vids.
  8. DevonHartigan is offline
    DevonHartigan's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    302

    Posted On:
    2/08/2007 6:59pm


     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, this video indicates that it might be a while before The Art of War gets big. What a bad excuse for a fight.

    http://www.mmachina.com:81/en/?q=node/71
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.