Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 5:07pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    yeah, its pretty unique. I like it, since it doesnt classify it under any assisted or automatic catagories.

but like i said, i don't carry the karambit tho. Theres really not much u can say if u get caught with it. Its not much of a tool of any sort, only lethal intentions really....
    same goes for the push daggers, which at one point i wanted to own one

I have legit reasons, I rather not share in a public forum, for carrying one on occasion.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 5:20pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying not to carry one. I'm saying there are better knives to carry so that when stopped by cop, u have options to tell them what u use it for....the karambit is not a tool for anything but slicing muscles

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 5:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying not to carry one. I'm saying there are better knives to carry so that when stopped by cop, u have options to tell them what u use it for....the karambit is not a tool for anything but slicing muscles

Thats why I like the LaGriffe. 1" inch, very small, I just tell people its a box cutter. Anyway in the US the knife laws have more to do with size ( < 4" or 6") and intent. If I have my karambit in pocket and I am sitting on a bench, as long the knife itself isn't illegal, its all kosher, however, if you just came from a bar fight and you run out to your car and grab a 1" pen knife and start running back into the bar, you are in serious trouble.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 12:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn, yeah, i was noticing that microtech make a lotta autos
    i won't carry them around here...altho i DO have an auto, its home made by some local doorman, not bad, bulky tho...its more of a toy for me, since i don't carry it out

I recently gave away my only tanto blade, need to add one back to my collection, any ideas to point me to?
    As with M.O.D. most Microtech knives (aside from the Scarab, and the OTF's) are also available in manual.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for Tanto wise. I like a lot of utility (seatbelt cutter and glass breakers) with my tactical knives.

However a totally badass Tanto style is the MicroTech Vector. Even in manual it is still quite nice.

I prefer most of my knives with a black or sattin finish, ideally so that light doesn't catch them when they are deployed. I know, seems crazy and all that, but I like my tactical knives to be tactical lol. (quiet opening, not shiney, fast, etc)

Seriously if you are willing to spend the cash, pick up a Vector just so you can get an idea of the quality of MicroTech knives. I have been trying to get one, but it seems like every time I come across one it is the manual version and not the auto. (most of the knives on www.knifeoutlet.com are manuals, including the Vector).

I think it is a very impressive looking Tanto, plus is karambit like in it's shape and form. It is a great feeling knife. I generally only buy knives at bladeshows, or gun and knife shows where I can get a little better deal. I am always looking out for a Vector because I fell in love with them after holding on in a show in Atlanta. ( I bought a MiniSOCOM Elite, A Scarab, and a craftsman made katana, spent a ton of money and was out of the cash when I came across the Vector.

As far as a Tanto tipped folder, it is one that I am just in love with.

(I also hear The Commander/Mini Commander can also come with a Tanto, and I know the Dieter can.

Check out Masters of Defense knives (browse through what knife outlet has) they usually are coming out with new knives constantly, and I think the Ladyhawk might interest you as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and one more thing Hank.

Check out MicroTech's MTX2 line of knives, I think you will find that very nice for your neck of the woods.

It is an automatic, but it is a hidden bolster. It opens just like a manual as well. Anyone ever looking at it would have no idea it is an auto. It opens like a regular folder. (rare for any automatic to have both like that).

Part of the frame rotates and deploys the knife. Again, very fast, very clean and very durable. It even looks like a standard tool type of knife. It is very nice for areas where autos are illegal, because no one would know it is an automatic, there is no button, and it opens just like a plain folder.

I want to get one just because of it's awesomeness. Plus it messes with people when you deploy it automatically and close it, then hand it to them to open lol.

I believe there are several generics or knock offs of this knife out there, but of course severely lacking in craftsmanship of the Microtech, but it is cool technology for your neck of the woods. (Providing you can get your hands on it).

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judomofo
    Oh and one more thing Hank.

Check out MicroTech's MTX2 line of knives, I think you will find that very nice for your neck of the woods.

It is an automatic, but it is a hidden bolster. It opens just like a manual as well. Anyone ever looking at it would have no idea it is an auto. It opens like a regular folder. (rare for any automatic to have both like that).

Part of the frame rotates and deploys the knife. Again, very fast, very clean and very durable. It even looks like a standard tool type of knife. It is very nice for areas where autos are illegal, because no one would know it is an automatic, there is no button, and it opens just like a plain folder.

I want to get one just because of it's awesomeness. Plus it messes with people when you deploy it automatically and close it, then hand it to them to open lol.

I believe there are several generics or knock offs of this knife out there, but of course severely lacking in craftsmanship of the Microtech, but it is cool technology for your neck of the woods. (Providing you can get your hands on it).
    uh, thats what i have! haha, a home made one...not bad....thick blade, drop point.
    the automatic part is hiddin within the handle of the blade. thumb side. Its very suble, just a light push to separate the frame and it triggers the auto. otherwise, using the thumb stud will open it manually. I'll see if i can get some pix up on it.
    paid $120....quite cheap for an auto. Like i said earlier, its not one i carry around at all. Its very thick and heavy.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will check out the MODs next time i stop by my local knife shop, they have a ton of variety, so they should have somethin for me to wrap my hands around. But it won't be soon. I got vacations to take - Pride in vegas. Dominican 2 weeks after that. All while currently dealing with car troubles, that will hurt the wallet.
    I treat my lil hobby of collecting knives like i treat my tattoos. I will only spend time to think about it when i have the extra cash.....otherwise, i try not to get distracted by it, or else, my impulsiveness will get me in debt faster than i can imagine

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 2:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, since my car won't start (again), i had some free time.
    check the vid, its my knock off/home made Auto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdWK4r3fAfY
    (was listening to the beatdown in the background =P)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 3:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhh nice, yeah it is pretty much the same sort of deal. (Look very similar as well) 120 is a pretty decent deal.

MODs are nice and I highly reccomend them. When you get a chance check out the Vector though, it is a damn sweet knife.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123