Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 3:53pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its not the best demo or anything for the wave tech...its actually quite shitty...but at least there IS one...the guy does it too fast, so u can't really see in detail what happens...but oh well....see for urself....its only 2 seconds long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv2mHgSlWuY

and NO, its not me...hellllllz no

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:04pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    that little nub that sticks out at the back end of the blade...that catches your pocket as u pull it out, and opens it for you.

when u pull it out at a decent speed, it deploys and locks in quite easily

At first it takes a bit of getting used to. Sometimes i wanna take it outta my pocket without opening it, and forgot about how it opens, and it'll be half open before i know it and either its exposed in whatever public area i'm in or i'd grab it in a dangerous way forgetttin about it being half opened....but that was when i first got it.....I'm damn aware of how it works now...haha

I love it, its the first thing i ask for when i go to the knife shop now, if they have any new emerson's with the wave tech, or if they've restocked some other models
    Oh is that the wave tech. That what I mean in the review by being "too" loose. It opens is you pull it out. I agree it takes some getting used too.

the la griffe, the neck knife?
    Yes. however, most times I just throw it in my pocket.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    then ya, thats not considered loose at all. thats the way it deploys
    great technology that is legal....(autos and even semi-autos are prohibited in toronto AFAIK)

but the majority of my knifes are assisted openers despite the laws...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:22pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out Emerson's site, he has developed a whole series of fighting with the Karambit, pretty interesting stuff.

Some of it is run of the mill compliant b.s. some of it is pretty damn solid. Emerson is no joke, I have met him a few times in person and he knows his stuff.

http://www.emersonknives.com/VideoDemosArticles.htm

Has quite a few demos (including wave demos) look all over the site, you can youtube Emerson Combat Karambit and see a few things as well.

The wave tech is cool when you get used to it. The things you can do with the Karambit is fun.

I have one but rarely carry it since it has such a high profile (is easily seen).

I carry a MicroTech MiniSocom as my every day (carbide glass breaker for the wins)

Or a Masters of Defense Deiter II. (More glass breaker goodness, plus seatbelt cutter)

My buddy swears by his Emerson Commander though.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, waitin on the commander to be in stock at my store...i'll be gettin it =)

yeah seen the vids on the karambit soon after i bought it....pretty cool ****...

was always worried the damn thing would stab me in the forearm, I'm only starting to get more confidence in spinning it around my index finger now

my first 2 knives were SOGs, thought they were cool, assisted and all...but then with experience, i realized SOGs arent all that great....then i started to experiment and play with all different brands. I'm a kershaw and emerson nut hugger now

my 2 kershaws are razor sharp! and coincidently (or not) they're pretty much my everyday knives i carry around.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just checked out the MicroTech MiniSocom and the Masters of Defense Deiter II

they both look kinda similar!! nice tho. Hows the weight distribution, and grip?

price?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:50pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a big fan of the combo edge for my everyday knives, it really adds to the utility.

They are similar in some ways (the Dieter II is pretty big, the mini socom is nice and small, and low profile).

As far as weight distribution, ability to keep and edge, and such. They are basically some of the top of the line knives (Microtech especially)

I should add that both of them are automatics. Which is legal here in FL (USA) as the changed the laws defining a "ballistic knife".

You will be hard pressed to find a tactical knife better than what MicroTech makes, same goes for M.O.D. you can spine test them, and they keep an edge forever, come razor sharp, etc.

Price.... well you get what you pay for. You are going to spend about 150 to 200 bucks on the regular folder (non auto version).

The Dieter is nice, made from aircraft frame aluminum and feels great in your hand, textured grips and all that. It is a great knife. I have the spear point combo edge black version, I love it.

The MiniSocom is really one of the greatest carry around knives I have ever had. It's expensive. I have the auto like I mention and it opens with amazing quickness and authority. (Sometimes I have to warn people who try to open it to hold on, as it has thrown itself out of some people's hands).

Very fast opening, very quiet opening, and I have had it for 3 or 4 years, lots of every day use and it still operates just the same as I first bought it, and the bead blasting hasn't chipped and it keeps a razor edge easily.

Personally, I reccomend any MicroTech knife for sure. They are probably the best tactical knife out there in my humble opinion. Their craftsmanship is excellent, and they are incredibly durable and their mechanisms are just spot on.

However they are pretty damn expensive. (about twice the price of Emersons)

You can get some good deals on them at Bladeshows. I think I got mine at $120 or $130. (they go around 180 or so). (U.S.)

Check out the Makora, or any of the out the fronts from MicroTech some evil devices there.

(btw, Jack Bauer uses exclusively Microtech knives hehe)

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 4:59pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    then ya, thats not considered loose at all. thats the way it deploys
    great technology that is legal....(autos and even semi-autos are prohibited in toronto AFAIK)

but the majority of my knifes are assisted openers despite the laws...
    THANK YOU for the description, now that I know how the wave feature activates it only took be a few tries to consistently get it a flick open drawing out of my pocket.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judomofo
    I am a big fan of the combo edge for my everyday knives, it really adds to the utility.

I should add that both of them are automatics. Which is legal here in FL (USA) as the changed the laws defining a "ballistic knife".

Price.... well you get what you pay for. You are going to spend about 150 to 200 bucks on the regular folder (non auto version).
    damn, yeah, i was noticing that microtech make a lotta autos
    i won't carry them around here...altho i DO have an auto, its home made by some local doorman, not bad, bulky tho...its more of a toy for me, since i don't carry it out

u definitely do get what u pay for...as with ALL things. I started with the cheaper knives, but then it went downhill from there as i started playing with the more expensive stuff....cant go back

i prefer the combo edge too. Its more useful. Looks better too. I recently gave away my only tanto blade, need to add one back to my collection, any ideas to point me to?

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 5:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjew
    THANK YOU for the description, now that I know how the wave feature activates it only took be a few tries to consistently get it a flick open drawing out of my pocket.
    yeah, its pretty unique. I like it, since it doesnt classify it under any assisted or automatic catagories.

but like i said, i don't carry the karambit tho. Theres really not much u can say if u get caught with it. Its not much of a tool of any sort, only lethal intentions really....
    same goes for the push daggers, which at one point i wanted to own one
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast